PDA

View Full Version : RuthlessBurgher's EPIC full 1st rd mock draft that is BEAST!

RuthlessBurgher
02-17-2012, 12:50 AM
1. Indianapolis Colts - QB Andrew Luck

***TRADE: Cleveland gets 1.2 (2600) and St. Louis gets 1.4 (1800) and 1.22 (780) [2600 vs. 2580]***

Justification for Cleveland: They know that Colt McCoy is the 4th best QB in the AFC North, and that doesn't appear likely to change. If they want to ever have a chance to challenge for a playoff berth in this division, Holmgren needs to do what it takes to get a potential franchise QB.

Justification for St. Louis: Since they already have Sam Bradford, they aren't in the market for RG3 for themselves, but RG3 makes this pick valuable. If they were somehow unable to make a trade and had to make a pick at #2, it would likely be a weapon for Bradford (Blackmon) or protection for Bradford (Kalil). By trading this pick to Cleveland and only dropping down 2 spots, they are guaranteed to get Blackmon or Kalil (whichever one Minnesota doesn't take) and can still fill the other position of need with Cleveland's other 1st round pick (from Atlanta)...if they got Kalil at #4, they might be able to get, say, Alshon Jeffrey at #22 and if they got Blackmon at #4, they might be able to get, say, Mike Adams at #22. They'd still get one of the elite guys they would have taken anyway, and ended up with a bonus 1st round pick as well...they couldn't possibly lose with a trade like this. Washington might be willing to offer more since RG3 seems to be the type of guy Shanahan would like (like, say, the #6 pick, a 2nd round pick, and maybe even a top pick next year as well), but then they wouldn't be guaranteed Blackmon or Kalil anymore...I'd rather guarantee myself one of those top 2 targets than dropping down farther for more picks and missing out on the absolute cream of the crop.

2. Cleveland Browns (from St. Louis Rams) - Robert Griffin III
3. Minnesota Vikings - OT Matt Kalil
4. St. Louis Rams (from Cleveland Browns) - WR Justin Blackmon
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - CB Morris Claiborne

***TRADE: Cincinnati gets 1.6 (1600) and 3.70 (240) and Washington gets 1.17 (950) and 1.21 (800) and 4.116 (62) [1840 vs. 1812]***

Justification for Cincinnati: Mike Zimmer joined the Cowboys in 1994 in the heyday of Aikman, Emmitt, and Irvin as the Big Three. Last year, the Bengals got their QB of the present and future in Andy Dalton, their WR of the present and future in A.J. Green, and now the extra pick they got from the Raiders can be used as ammunition to move up to get the elite RB to improve upon Cedric Benson (who is now a free agent).

Justification for Washington: They need a QB, but the top two are gone. Drafting the #3 QB at #6 would be a reach. They could also use a WR, but the top one is gone. Drafting the #2 WR at #6 would be a reach. But turning the #6 pick into a couple of mid-level first round picks means that you could potentially end up with both the #2 WR and the #3 QB. Suddenly, that's value.

6. Cincinnati Bengals (from Washington Redskins) - RB Trent Richardson
7. Jacksonville Jaguars - DE Quinton Coples
8. Miami Dolphins - OT Riley Reiff
9. Carolina Panthers - DT Michael Brockers
10. Buffalo Bills - DE Melvin Ingram
11. Kansas City Chiefs - OT Jonathan Martin
12. Seattle Seahawks - DT Devon Still
13. Arizona Cardinals - OLB Courtney Upshaw
14. Dallas Cowboys - CB Janorris Jenkins
15. Philadelphia Eagles - ILB Luke Kuechly

***TRADE: Pittsburgh gets 1.16 (1000) and 4.108 (78) and New York Jets get 1.24 (740) and 2.56 (340) [1078 vs. 1080]***

Justification for Pittsburgh: When a top talent at a position of need is within striking range, Kevin Colbert has shown that he will not necessarily be shy about moving up to get him. Trading up for Troy Polamalu (future Hall of Famer) was better than staying put at taking someone like Mike Doss (out of the league) at safety instead. Trading up for Santonio Holmes (a Super Bowl MVP during his short time with the team) was better than staying put at taking someone like Chad Jackson (out of the league) at wideout instead. DeCastro seems to be the closest thing to a can't miss type of prospect in this draft (comparisons to Hutchinson or Faneca) and would be the polar opposite to Chris Kemoeatu...Gilbert-DeCastro-Pouncey are the making of a solid young o-line.

Justification for New York: They need to improve their pass rush without having to rely on the blitz so much (Aaron Maybin may have been their best pass rusher, and Buffalo fans will tell you how great of a pass rusher Maybin is...with plenty of sarcasm, of course). If Courtney Upshaw were available at #16, they'd likely stay put and take him, but since he is off the board, rather than reaching for another OLB at #16, they could move back 8 spots and still get a pass rusher like Whitney Mercilus or Nick Perry, while turning a mediocre 4th round pick into a much more valuable 2nd round pick.

16. Pittsburgh Steelers (from New York Jets) - OG David DeCastro
17. Washington Redskins (from Oakland Raiders via Cincinnati Bengals) - WR Kendall Wright
18. San Diego Chargers - SS Mark Barron
19. Chicago Bears - WR Michael Floyd
20. Tennessee Titans - OG Cordy Glenn
21. Washington Redskins (from Cincinnati Bengals) - QB Ryan Tannehill
22. St. Louis Rams (from Atlanta Falcons via Cleveland Browns) - OT Mike Adams
23. Detroit Lions - CB Dre Kirkpatrick
24. New York Jets (from Pittsburgh Steelers) - OLB Whitney Mercilus
25. Denver Broncos - C Peter Konz
26. Houston Texans - WR Alshon Jeffrey
27. New England Patriots (via New Orleans Saints) - DT Jerel Worthy
28. Green Bay Packers - OLB Nick Perry
29. Baltimore Ravens - ILB Dont'a Hightower
30. San Francisco 49ers - WR Mohamed Sanu
31. New England Patriots - DE Andre Branch
32. New York Giants - TE Dwayne Allen

Mo_Steel
02-17-2012, 07:18 AM
When you gonna finish, I am not sure one round can be considered... BEAST (all caps for emphasis) :lol:

Nice writeup though, can't complain about the formatting, you think you can do that for all seven rounds? If you do, then we can refer to you as Ruthlessberger:Resident Draftnik.

MeetJoeGreene
02-17-2012, 08:31 AM
I did seek legal advice from my lawyer. He is no one to be trifled with. See his letter below.

http://www.burnsgarner.com/Gadsden%20Lawyer%20Attorney%20Gary%20Burns.jpg

Pursuant to Title 17 of the United States Code
February 17, 2012

RuthlessBurger
1234 Planet Steelers Dr
City, PA 12345

Dear Mr. RuthlessBurger:

This law firm represents MeetJoeGreene. If you are represented by legal counsel, please direct this letter to your attorney immediately and have your attorney notify us of such representation.

We are writing to notify you that your unlawful copying of "Using EPIC and BEAST in the context of complimenting or describing NFL Mock Drafts" infringes upon our client’s exclusive copyrights. Accordingly, you are hereby directed to

CEASE AND DESIST ALL COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT.

MeetJoeGreene is the owner a copyright in various aspects of ["Using EPIC and BEAST in the context of complimenting or describing NFL Mock Drafts". Under United States copyright law, MeetJoeGreene’s copyrights have been in effect since the date that ["Using EPIC and BEAST in the context of complimenting or describing NFL Mock Drafts" was created. All copyrightable aspects of "Using EPIC and BEAST in the context of complimenting or describing NFL Mock Drafts" are copyrighted under United States copyright law.

It has come to our attention that you have been copying "Using EPIC and BEAST in the context of complimenting or describing NFL Mock Drafts". We have copies of your unlawful copies to preserve as evidence. Your actions constitute copyright infringement in violation of United States copyright laws. Under 17 U.S.C. 504, the consequences of copyright infringement include statutory damages of between $750 and $30,000 per work, at the discretion of the court, and damages of up to $150,000 per work for willful infringement. If you continue to engage in copyright infringement after receiving this letter, your actions will be evidence of “willful infringement.”
We demand that you immediately (A) cease and desist your unlawful copying of "Using EPIC and BEAST in the context of complimenting or describing NFL Mock Drafts" and (B) provide us with prompt written assurance within ten (10) days that you will cease and desist from further infringement of MeetJoeGreene’s copyrighted works.

If you do not comply with this cease and desist demand within this time period, MeetJoeGreene is entitled to use your failure to comply as evidence of “willful infringement” and seek monetary damages and equitable relief for your copyright infringement. In the event you fail to meet this demand, please be advised that MeetJoeGreene has asked us to communicate to you that it will contemplate pursuing all available legal remedies, including seeking monetary damages, injunctive relief, and an order that you pay court costs and attorney’s fees. Your liability and exposure under such legal action could be considerable.

P.S. I would make that trade too. That is EPIC and BEAST!

steelblood
02-17-2012, 08:55 AM
Not bad if you like rational and realistic mock drafts. :wink:

RKSteel
02-17-2012, 09:25 AM
An excellent mock RB. :D

SidSmythe
02-17-2012, 10:11 AM
I did seek legal advice from my lawyer. He is no one to be trifled with. See his letter below.

http://www.burnsgarner.com/Gadsden%20Lawyer%20Attorney%20Gary%20Burns.jpg

Pursuant to Title 17 of the United States Code
February 17, 2012

RuthlessBurger
1234 Planet Steelers Dr
City, PA 12345

Dear Mr. RuthlessBurger:

This law firm represents MeetJoeGreene. If you are represented by legal counsel, please direct this letter to your attorney immediately and have your attorney notify us of such representation.

We are writing to notify you that your unlawful copying of "Using EPIC and BEAST in the context of complimenting or describing NFL Mock Drafts" infringes upon our client’s exclusive copyrights. Accordingly, you are hereby directed to

CEASE AND DESIST ALL COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT.

MeetJoeGreene is the owner a copyright in various aspects of ["Using EPIC and BEAST in the context of complimenting or describing NFL Mock Drafts". Under United States copyright law, MeetJoeGreene’s copyrights have been in effect since the date that ["Using EPIC and BEAST in the context of complimenting or describing NFL Mock Drafts" was created. All copyrightable aspects of "Using EPIC and BEAST in the context of complimenting or describing NFL Mock Drafts" are copyrighted under United States copyright law.

It has come to our attention that you have been copying "Using EPIC and BEAST in the context of complimenting or describing NFL Mock Drafts". We have copies of your unlawful copies to preserve as evidence. Your actions constitute copyright infringement in violation of United States copyright laws. Under 17 U.S.C. 504, the consequences of copyright infringement include statutory damages of between $750 and $30,000 per work, at the discretion of the court, and damages of up to $150,000 per work for willful infringement. If you continue to engage in copyright infringement after receiving this letter, your actions will be evidence of “willful infringement.”
We demand that you immediately (A) cease and desist your unlawful copying of "Using EPIC and BEAST in the context of complimenting or describing NFL Mock Drafts" and (B) provide us with prompt written assurance within ten (10) days that you will cease and desist from further infringement of MeetJoeGreene’s copyrighted works.

If you do not comply with this cease and desist demand within this time period, MeetJoeGreene is entitled to use your failure to comply as evidence of “willful infringement” and seek monetary damages and equitable relief for your copyright infringement. In the event you fail to meet this demand, please be advised that MeetJoeGreene has asked us to communicate to you that it will contemplate pursuing all available legal remedies, including seeking monetary damages, injunctive relief, and an order that you pay court costs and attorney’s fees. Your liability and exposure under such legal action could be considerable.

P.S. I would make that trade too. That is EPIC and BEAST!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oviedo
02-17-2012, 10:22 AM
As much as I hate giving up draft picks this would be an excellent first step to fixing our horrendous Guard play. The overall draft is solid.

I still hold out high hopes that someone gives us a #1 for Wallace. Then we can really deal.

RuthlessBurgher
02-17-2012, 11:07 AM
Let's settle out of court...I'll agree to only use lower case letters when using the words "epic" and "beast" to describe my mock drafts (that way, you still get the benefit of increased emphasis when you use "EPIC" and "BEAST" instead). In exchange, I ask that your lawyer shave his creepy John Waters like pencil thin mustache (unless he has a two-toned Ricky Ricardo jacket and an autographed picture of Andy Devine...of course, then he can keep it). :wink:

pfelix73
02-17-2012, 11:23 AM
In the past, when we moved up it was to get playmakers. Troy and Santonio. Why would they ever move up for an OL? That's crazy. If you're gonna move up in the draft- go get another playmaker.

Personally, I'd stay at 24 and take Hightower if he's there.

Sorry to burst your bubble.....

:tt1

Slapstick
02-17-2012, 11:26 AM
I can see that...

But, if you believed that Castro was the next Alan Faneca, why wouldn't you move up?

focosteeler
02-17-2012, 11:35 AM
I can see that...

But, if you believed that Castro was the next Alan Faneca, why wouldn't you move up?

:Agree

It looks like if we don't move up to take someone in this draft we will have to settle for someone at 24 or trade back into the early 2nd. I prefer trading up for a higher caliber player

NW Steeler
02-17-2012, 12:14 PM
I dont like giving up a second round pick either, but this really fills a position of dire need and I like it. Next season when we are running the ball down other teams throats to kill the clock - like we did back in the day - everyone will love that we got DeCastro. I am still hoping that somehow we can fill the NT or ILB need thru FA. Unlikely, but still.

Eddie Spaghetti
02-17-2012, 12:24 PM
so trading up for a guard is a good move now?

what a difference a year makes.

Oviedo
02-17-2012, 12:35 PM

I think we can all finally admit that our situation at Guard has gotten much worse over the past year. No one stepped up or proved to be a difference maker in 2011. The interior of our OL could not consitently get push in the run game and got blown up in the passing game.

We now know Kemo just didn't have a bad year in 2010, he still sucked in 2011. Neither Legursky and Foster are not starting guards on any team in the NFL with a good OL.

So something out of the ordinary like trading up for a Guard may be the only way we can get a quick fix to one of our biggest problems.

The problem of losing a pick to move up can hopefully be mitigated by someone taking Wallace and us getting a #1 back.

Slapstick
02-17-2012, 01:05 PM

Again, I ask:

...if you believed that Castro was the next Alan Faneca, why wouldn't you move up?

I don't advocate trading up for just any Joe Schmoe player...

But, if the FO thinks DeCastro is the 2nd coming of Faneca, I don't see it as a bad move...

NW Steeler
02-17-2012, 01:08 PM
But is it better to move up for DeCastro, or stay put and draft Glenn? I guess we'll find out how bad the Steelers brass thinks our OL situation is. I would be surprised if they traded up, but as stated, we have done it for need to get the BPA before.

MeetJoeGreene
02-17-2012, 01:23 PM
Let's settle out of court...I'll agree to only use lower case letters when using the words "epic" and "beast" to describe my mock drafts (that way, you still get the benefit of increased emphasis when you use "EPIC" and "BEAST" instead). In exchange, I ask that your lawyer shave his creepy John Waters like pencil thin mustache (unless he has a two-toned Ricky Ricardo jacket and an autographed picture of Andy Devine...of course, then he can keep it). :wink:

I have submitted your proposal to my legal counsel for review...

Dee Dub
02-17-2012, 02:59 PM
I like this Ruthless. I would be very happy with DeCastro....however if you ask me, I would prefer to move up to 20 and get Cordy Glenn for LT. Keep Gilbert at RT where he is better suited. I think Glenn has the potential to be the best LT in this draft. Moving to 20 cost less than moving to 16.

Oviedo
02-17-2012, 03:16 PM

I will offer my services as an independent arbiter who has no stake in this issue :D

squidkid
02-17-2012, 04:15 PM

because pouncey doesnt compare to castro. nobody would have advocated moving up for pouncey if his brother wasnt on the team. pouncey(ours) made alot of money for his brother last year

RuthlessBurgher
02-17-2012, 04:27 PM
I like this Ruthless. I would be very happy with DeCastro....however if you ask me, I would prefer to move up to 20 and get Cordy Glenn for LT. Keep Gilbert at RT where he is better suited. I think Glenn has the potential to be the best LT in this draft. Moving to 20 cost less than moving to 16.

I have Tennessee taking Glenn at #20. If they want Glenn for themselves, why would they trade down with to allow us to take Glenn instead? We'd have to move ahead of the Titans. Chicago's at #19...with Michael Floyd on the board and WR a huge need for them, I doubt they would risk moving down 5 spots to #24 and risk losing out on him. San Diego could be a willing partner at #18, since they should still be able to get Barron at #24, but if you are moving up to #18 to get Glenn, you might as well just move up to #16 to get DeCastro. DeCastro's the sure thing...I haven't heard anyone say anything negative about him whatsoever. I know that you are smitten with Glenn's potential, but for every positive report I read about him, I read just as much negative as well.

Eddie Spaghetti
02-17-2012, 04:33 PM
I would be ok moving up to get decastro.

just find it interesting that the same folks who were so adamant to the point of being militant about making the same move last year are now supportive.

I also believe better play calling(shorter drops,quicker reads) could benefit the OL just as much.

plus, everything I have read says this is a very deep draft for quality interior linemen.

RuthlessBurgher
02-17-2012, 05:26 PM
I like idea of moving up in the draft to reunite the Pouncey twins last year, but since were coming off of a Super Bowl loss (and thus picking at #31), it was not practical to try to trade up from the very late first to the mid first to get him. This year, however, moving from #24 to the mid first to get the top guard, could actually be feasible. Colbert was willing to give up a 3rd and a 6th to move from 27 to 16 get Polamalu, and a 3rd and 4th to move up from 32 to 25 to get Holmes. It remains to be seen if he would actually sacrifice a 2nd round pick in order to move up for DeCastro.

Dee Dub
02-17-2012, 05:53 PM

I have Tennessee taking Glenn at #20. If they want Glenn for themselves, why would they trade down with to allow us to take Glenn instead? We'd have to move ahead of the Titans. Chicago's at #19...with Michael Floyd on the board and WR a huge need for them, I doubt they would risk moving down 5 spots to #24 and risk losing out on him. San Diego could be a willing partner at #18, since they should still be able to get Barron at #24, but if you are moving up to #18 to get Glenn, you might as well just move up to #16 to get DeCastro. DeCastro's the sure thing...I haven't heard anyone say anything negative about him whatsoever. I know that you are smitten with Glenn's potential, but for every positive report I read about him, I read just as much negative as well.

Any and all negatives about Glenn have been based on him as a LT. Had he played G last year you probably wouldnt hear any. So with DeCastro and Glenn playing two different positions I dont think your comment is apples to apples. Glenn played the more demanding position.

I do not care what anybody has to say about Glenn. I've seen ever one of his games this year and he was dominate....and that was at LT in the SEC. Any and all criticism or negatives about Glenn isnt built around any factual information from what he actually did on the field. It is speculation/projection...such as some thinking he isnt quick enough to play in space. But again...that was not the case while he played this past year at LT. And Again i'll direct this all back to what he did versus Coples, Ingram, and Upshaw at the Senior Bowl practices. Shut them down.

Tennessee has a lot of holes to fill. The could very well come off of Glenn to get extra picks.

phillyesq
02-17-2012, 06:24 PM
I like idea of moving up in the draft to reunite the Pouncey twins last year, but since were coming off of a Super Bowl loss (and thus picking at #31), it was not practical to try to trade up from the very late first to the mid first to get him. This year, however, moving from #24 to the mid first to get the top guard, could actually be feasible. Colbert was willing to give up a 3rd and a 6th to move from 27 to 16 get Polamalu, and a 3rd and 4th to move up from 32 to 25 to get Holmes. It remains to be seen if he would actually sacrifice a 2nd round pick in order to move up for DeCastro.

Do you think DeCastro will be there at 16? I've seen some projections that have him going earlier, including the Chiefs at 11 and Cardinals at 13.

NJ-STEELER
02-18-2012, 01:42 PM

Do you think DeCastro will be there at 16? I've seen some projections that have him going earlier, including the Chiefs at 11 and Cardinals at 13.

jets and cowgirls also interested

NJ-STEELER
02-18-2012, 04:43 PM
if we're moving up all the way to 13 to get decastro, i wonder how much more would we need to go up and grab one of the franchise LT's.

we could have bookend OTs and Mo at center. i know the guard play has sucked lately but with that group as a core, it might be a lot easier to find someone to gill in at the OG spots

RuthlessBurgher
02-18-2012, 06:06 PM
[quote="Dee Dub":ie4rbwxm]I like this Ruthless. I would be very happy with DeCastro....however if you ask me, I would prefer to move up to 20 and get Cordy Glenn for LT. Keep Gilbert at RT where he is better suited. I think Glenn has the potential to be the best LT in this draft. Moving to 20 cost less than moving to 16.

Any and all negatives about Glenn have been based on him as a LT. Had he played G last year you probably wouldnt hear any. So with DeCastro and Glenn playing two different positions I dont think your comment is apples to apples. Glenn played the more demanding position.

I do not care what anybody has to say about Glenn. I've seen ever one of his games this year and he was dominate....and that was at LT in the SEC. Any and all criticism or negatives about Glenn isnt built around any factual information from what he actually did on the field. It is speculation/projection...such as some thinking he isnt quick enough to play in space. But again...that was not the case while he played this past year at LT. And Again i'll direct this all back to what he did versus Coples, Ingram, and Upshaw at the Senior Bowl practices. Shut them down.

Tennessee has a lot of holes to fill. The could very well come off of Glenn to get extra picks.[/quote:ie4rbwxm]

I heard that Coples dominated Glenn in Senior Bowl practices, getting around the edge on him, but that Glenn was very good inside. Coples could beat him with speed moves, but could not budge Glenn with a bull rush. You say that Glenn could be the next Orlando Pace, but Pace didn't have Shea McClellin beating him up and stealing his lunch money in the early portion of his Senior season.

After years of having big ol' Chris Kemoeatu at LG (who seemed to be able to run only one play successfully, I'm looking forward to getting an intelligent, athletic pure guard who is able to dominate the man across for him on the d-line, as well as being able to get out on the second level to take people out. That guy is DeCastro, in my eyes, the one OL in this draft worthy of trading premium picks to move up and get.

I actually prefer DeCastro to his OT teammate Jonathan Martin and Iowa OT Riley Reiff (who both may come off the board in the top 10). I think Matt Kalil should be a dominant tackle on the NFL level, just like I think DeCastro should be a dominant guard, so Kalil is the only prospect I'd have rated ahead of DeCastro in terms of guys who could improve our biggest weakness along the OL (simply because tackles are more of a premium position than guards).

It's not that I dislike Glenn, I just have him behind Kalil, DeCastro, Reiff, and Martin among o-lineman this year. If he were available at #24, I'd be happy taking Glenn. But I'd rather trade up for DeCastro if he falls within reasonable striking range.

papillon
02-18-2012, 11:10 PM
Use Wallace as fair game with the Pats and receive their first, then trade 1.24 and whatever other pick is necessary to get Decastro leaving you with Decastro and a pick at 1.31 plus whatever is left.

The Steelers probably aren't going to be able to afford Wallace anyhow; move him and get something for him and shore up the interior o-line for 10-12 years.

Pappy

focosteeler
02-18-2012, 11:25 PM
Use Wallace as fair game with the Pats and receive their first, then trade 1.24 and whatever other pick is necessary to get Decastro leaving you with Decastro and a pick at 1.31 plus whatever is left.

The Steelers probably aren't going to be able to afford Wallace anyhow; move him and get something for him and shore up the interior o-line for 10-12 years.

Pappy

I am having trouble deciding what I want to happen with this. Some days I think we need to keep Wallace, he hasnt reached his potential. Other days I think about the success we have had in drafting young recievers and realize that he can be most likely be replaced.

That being said, I do think we should let a team take him if they offer up a 1st for him, and trade up and get DeCastro. In the long term I think DeCastro would prove to be a better asset to the team, he can protect Ben, Wallace will slow down after a while. If there is an offer I think we should try and work out a trade (like the pats did for welker, the dolphins got an extra pick out of it)
:HeadBanger

anger 82&95
02-19-2012, 08:30 AM

Maybe you would consider calling off your attorney if RuthlessBurgher slightly modifies his word usage to mitigate copyright infringement. How about if he uses “bestiality” instead of beast and “apocryphal” instead of epic?

DHSF
02-19-2012, 12:03 PM
I would hope that none of our draft picks engage in bestiality. That could bring on the apocalypse.

RuthlessBurgher
02-19-2012, 07:03 PM
I would hope that none of our draft picks engage in bestiality. That could bring on the apocalypse.

Chad Brown was awfully familiar with his reptile friends once upon a time. :lol:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1103/athletes.with.snakes/images/chad-brown.jpg

RuthlessBurgher
02-19-2012, 07:09 PM

Top interior linemen have been coming off the board near the middle of the first round in recent years (Mike Pouncey #15 last year, Mike Iupati #17 and Maurkice Pouncey #18 the year before that)...teams that are drafting earlier than that tend to be drafting earlier than that for a reason (they have many needs). In the grand scheme of things, when you need many things, you are most likely to target a quarterback, a pass rusher, a cover corner, etc. over an interior lineman (and when you are drafting that early determine that OL is your biggest need, teams tend to give preference to tackles over guards). That's why I think he should hopefully drop within striking range. We'll see.

Shawn
02-20-2012, 03:58 PM
No way do I see the Steelers moving up for an OG. They do move up but they tend to be for skill positions. OG might be the least important position on the field...both sides of the ball.

RuthlessBurgher
02-20-2012, 05:10 PM
Time for a second round. For clarity's sake, I'm putting actual completed NFL trades in yellow, and my own projected trades in red.

ROUND ONE:

2. Cleveland Browns (from St. Louis Rams) - Robert Griffin III
4. St. Louis Rams (from Cleveland Browns) - WR Justin Blackmon
6. Cincinnati Bengals (from Washington Redskins) - RB Trent Richardson
8. Miami Dolphins - OT Riley Reiff
9. Carolina Panthers - DT Michael Brockers
10. Buffalo Bills - DE Melvin Ingram
11. Kansas City Chiefs - OT Jonathan Martin
12. Seattle Seahawks - DT Devon Still
13. Arizona Cardinals - OLB Courtney Upshaw
14. Dallas Cowboys - CB Janorris Jenkins
15. Philadelphia Eagles - ILB Luke Kuechly
16. Pittsburgh Steelers (from New York Jets) - OG David DeCastro
17. Washington Redskins (from Oakland Raiders via Cincinnati Bengals) - WR Kendall Wright
18. San Diego Chargers - SS Mark Barron
20. Tennessee Titans - OG Cordy Glenn
21. Washington Redskins (from Cincinnati Bengals) - QB Ryan Tannehill
22. St. Louis Rams (from Atlanta Falcons via Cleveland Browns) - OT Mike Adams
23. Detroit Lions - CB Dre Kirkpatrick
24. New York Jets (from Pittsburgh Steelers) - OLB Whitney Mercilus
25. Denver Broncos - C Peter Konz
26. Houston Texans - WR Alshon Jeffrey
27. New England Patriots (via New Orleans Saints) - DT Jerel Worthy
30. San Francisco 49ers - WR Mohamed Sanu
32. New York Giants - TE Dwayne Allen

ROUND TWO:

33. St. Louis Rams - ILB Zach Brown
34. Indianapolis Colts - NT Dontari Poe
35. Minnesota Vikings - CB Alfonzo Dennard
36. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - OLB Lavonte David
37. Cleveland Browns - CB Chase Minnifield
38. Jacksonville Jaguars - WR Rueben Randle
39. Washington Redskins - ILB Vontaze Burfict
40. Carolina Panthers - OLB Bobby Wagner
41. Buffalo Bills - TE Coby Fleener
42. Miami Dolphins - QB Brock Osweiler
43. Seattle Seahawks - QB Brandon Weeden
44. Kansas City Chiefs - NT Alameda Ta'Amu
45. Dallas Cowboys - OG Kelechi Osemele
46. Philadelphia Eagles - DT Fletcher Cox
47. New York Jets - WR Nick Toon
48. New England Patriots (from Oakland) - WR Stephen Hill
49. San Diego Chargers - OLB Vinny Curry
50. Chicago Bears - OG Kevin Zeitler
51. Philadelphia Eagles (from Arizona) - OG Brandon Washington
52. Tennessee Titans - DE Chandler Jones
53. Cincinnati Bengals - CB Stephon Gilmore
54. Detroit Lions - OT Zebrie Sanders
55. Atlanta Falcons - RB Lamar Miller
56. New York Jets (from Pittsburgh) - RB David Wilson
57. Denver Broncos - DT Brandon Thompson
58. Houston Texans - OG Lucas Nix
59. New Orleans Saints - OLB Ronnell Lewis
60. Green Bay Packers - DE Jared Crick
61. Baltimore Ravens - OLB Shea McClellin
62. San Francisco 49ers - OG Senio Kelemete
63. New England Patriots - CB Leonard Johnson
64. New York Giants - RB Doug Martin

hawaiiansteel
02-20-2012, 05:23 PM
Truly a reasoned mock draft that merits praise, laud, and consideration. :Cheers

RuthlessBurgher
03-31-2012, 10:41 PM
It's about time for an update. I still have us trading up for the same guy (but with a different team this time, since the 4th round pick I had originally projected the Jets sending back to us was already used to get Tim Tebow. So now I'm trading our first and second round picks (#24 & #56) to Dallas for their first round pick (#14). I'm not projecting any other trades at this time (listing only the trades that already actually happened). Here goes...

ROUND ONE:

2. Washington Redskins (from St. Louis Rams) - Robert Griffin III
4. Cleveland Browns - RB Trent Richardson
6. St. Louis Rams (from Washington Redskins) - WR Justin Blackmon
8. Miami Dolphins - QB Ryan Tannehill
9. Carolina Panthers - NT Dontari Poe
10. Buffalo Bills - ILB Luke Kuechly
11. Kansas City Chiefs - OT Riley Reiff
12. Seattle Seahawks - DE Melvin Ingram
13. Arizona Cardinals - OT Jonathan Martin
14. Pittsburgh Steelers (*projected trade* from Dallas Cowboys) - OG David DeCastro
15. Philadelphia Eagles - DT Fletcher Cox
16. New York Jets - OLB Courtney Upshaw
17. Cincinnati Bengals (from Oakland Raiders) - CB Dre Kirkpatrick
18. San Diego Chargers - OG Cordy Glenn
20. Tennessee Titans - C Peter Konz
21. Cincinnati Bengals - SS Mark Barron
22. Cleveland Browns (from Atlanta Falcons) - WR Kendall Wright
23. Detroit Lions - CB Stephon Gilmore
24. Dallas Cowboys (*projected trade* from Pittsburgh Steelers) - CB Janorris Jenkins
25. Denver Broncos - DT Michael Brockers
26. Houston Texans - WR Stephen Hill
27. New England Patriots (from New Orleans Saints) - OLB Whitney Mercilus
30. San Francisco 49ers - OT Mike Adams
32. New York Giants - DT Devon Still

ROUND TWO:

33. St. Louis Rams - DT Jerel Worthy
34. Indianapolis Colts - TE Coby Fleener
35. Minnesota Vikings - WR Alshon Jeffrey
36. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - OLB Lavonte David
37. Cleveland Browns - QB Brandon Weeden
38. Jacksonville Jaguars - WR Rueben Randle
39. St. Louis Rams (from Washington Redskins) - ILB Zach Brown
40. Carolina Panthers - WR Mohamed Sanu
41. Buffalo Bills - OT Zebrie Sanders
42. Miami Dolphins - OLB Vinny Curry
43. Seattle Seahawks - OLB Ronnell Lewis
44. Kansas City Chiefs - NT Alameda Ta'Amu
45. Dallas Cowboys - SS Harrison Smith
46. Philadelphia Eagles - OT Bobby Massie
47. New York Jets - RB Lamar Miller
48. New England Patriots (from Oakland Raiders) - RB David Wilson
49. San Diego Chargers - CB Josh Robinson
50. Chicago Bears - OG Kevin Zeitler
51. Philadelphia Eagles (from Arizona Cardinals) - OLB Bobby Wagner
52. Tennessee Titans - OG Amini Silatolu
53. Cincinnati Bengals - OG Kelechi Osemele
54. Detroit Lions - DE Chandler Jones
55. Atlanta Falcons - TE Dwayne Allen
56. Dallas Cowboys (*projected trade* from Pittsburgh Steelers) - OLB Shea McClellin
57. Denver Broncos - RB Doug Martin
58. Houston Texans - DT Brandon Thompson
59. Green Bay Packers - DT Kendall Reyes
60. Baltimore Ravens - C Ben Jones
61. San Francisco 49ers - DE Jared Crick
62. New England Patriots - CB Jayron Hosley
63. New York Giants - OG Brandon Washington