PDA

View Full Version : Colbert continues the BS parade

Mister Pittsburgh
02-15-2012, 01:32 PM
Q. What do you know about Todd Haley in terms of how his hiring might affect your job? Are the Steelers back in the fullback business, are there different kinds of linemen or receivers that are best suited to what he wants to do on offense?

A. Anytime thereís a staff addition from the outside, itís a learning process for everybody. Itís a learning process for the new staff member, and itís a learning process for us. Weíre not going to vary from what we believe will be successful for the Pittsburgh Steelers. We want good players who are healthy, and we want good people. Weíre never going to vary from that. A new coachís personality Ė his likes and dislikes Ė you may factor that in to some extent, but thatís never going to change the basic foundation of what we look for in players. In my 28 years in this business, Iíve never been associated with an organization that drafted for a system. Itís not that complicated, finding the best players.

Really? We just draft the best defensive players out there with no eye geared toward 'the 3-4 system'??????

Is having a FB vs. a TE playing FB or thinking you want to be a run first team vs. a pass first team not 'a system'? Sorry, but Colbert is spouting off some BS right there.

I mean sure, you don't want to throw out into the public eye what your plans are but you can at least say 'we'll sit down with Haley and discuss the route we want to go'.

costanza2k1
02-15-2012, 02:10 PM
Of course he's spouting off BS, we don't want him to lay out our draft strategy do we...it's poker time!

Dee Dub
02-15-2012, 02:56 PM
Man there are a lot of Steeler fans who seem to hate most of the organization. Kevin Colbert has been as good as it gets in regards to running this team and player personnel but he makes one comment that doesn't jive and he's a BS'er that gets thrown under the bus like he is scum?

Interesting.

SS Laser
02-15-2012, 02:59 PM
Its a slow day Dub. Need some steeler to B*%&^ about!

Dee Dub
02-15-2012, 03:04 PM
Its a slow day Dub. Need some steeler to B*%&^ about!

I guess so.

SS Laser
02-15-2012, 03:20 PM
[quote="SS Laser":10zkny0l]Its a slow day Dub. Need some steeler to B*%&^ about!

I guess so.[/quote:10zkny0l]

This thread sucks so I will tell you here off topic. Get your "game" ready. I want good combine thoughts from you after it is over. :Cheers

Dee Dub
02-15-2012, 03:54 PM
[quote="Dee Dub":35e848lt][quote="SS Laser":35e848lt]Its a slow day Dub. Need some steeler to B*%&^ about!

I guess so.[/quote:35e848lt]

This thread sucks so I will tell you here off topic. Get your "game" ready. I want good combine thoughts from you after it is over. :Cheers[/quote:35e848lt]

You got it.

SteelBucks
02-15-2012, 03:59 PM
IMO, perfect answer by Colbert.

Mister Pittsburgh
02-15-2012, 04:36 PM
Man there are a lot of Steeler fans who seem to hate most of the organization. Kevin Colbert has been as good as it gets in regards to running this team and player personnel but he makes one comment that doesn't jive and he's a BS'er that gets thrown under the bus like he is scum?

Interesting.

Make things up much? I said he was BS'ing....didn't say I hate him. Didn't say he wasn't good at his job. Didn't throw anyone under the bus. Didn't say he was scum. Those comments all came from your warped imagination. I said he was BS'ing.

You are just as bad as the media has been over the past month.

steelz09
02-15-2012, 04:48 PM
Q. What do you know about Todd Haley in terms of how his hiring might affect your job? Are the Steelers back in the fullback business, are there different kinds of linemen or receivers that are best suited to what he wants to do on offense?

A. Anytime thereís a staff addition from the outside, itís a learning process for everybody. Itís a learning process for the new staff member, and itís a learning process for us. Weíre not going to vary from what we believe will be successful for the Pittsburgh Steelers. We want good players who are healthy, and we want good people. Weíre never going to vary from that. A new coachís personality Ė his likes and dislikes Ė you may factor that in to some extent, but thatís never going to change the basic foundation of what we look for in players. In my 28 years in this business, Iíve never been associated with an organization that drafted for a system. Itís not that complicated, finding the best players.

Really? We just draft the best defensive players out there with no eye geared toward 'the 3-4 system'??????

Is having a FB vs. a TE playing FB or thinking you want to be a run first team vs. a pass first team not 'a system'? Sorry, but Colbert is spouting off some BS right there.

I mean sure, you don't want to throw out into the public eye what your plans are but you can at least say 'we'll sit down with Haley and discuss the route we want to go'.

I would hope they would keep quiet especially since the Revis incident.

DBR96A
02-15-2012, 08:39 PM
Man there are a lot of Steeler fans who seem to hate most of the organization.
I've noticed this too, especially this off-season. If I was the GM of a football team with fans that act like this, then I'd deliberately give the press a bunch of bull**** because maybe they'd get pissed off enough to find another team to, uh, cheer for.

hawaiiansteel
02-15-2012, 09:57 PM
IMO, perfect answer by Colbert.

:Agree

Mister Pittsburgh
02-15-2012, 10:00 PM
Man there are a lot of Steeler fans who seem to hate most of the organization.
I've noticed this too, especially this off-season. If I was the GM of a football team with fans that act like this, then I'd deliberately give the press a bunch of bad word because maybe they'd get pissed off enough to find another team to, uh, cheer for.

This is hilarious. I am a jaded Steelers fan, to the point I may find a new team to cheer for, because I show a blatant BS answer Colbert gave in an interview. That, my supposed black & gold brethren is ridiculous.

Dub clearly twists the original post into his own distorted post & it comes to that? Whatever.

hawaiiansteel
02-16-2012, 02:21 AM
On the Steelers: Colbert denies Rooney II role change

Thursday, February 16, 2012
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Lost in other news that Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert talked about in an interview Monday was his take on the perceived new role of team president Art Rooney II.

Many have called Rooney meddlesome after he did not renew the contract of offensive coordinator Bruce Arians, apparently against at least the initial wishes of coach Mike Tomlin.

Colbert was asked pointedly if Rooney has taken a more activist role in football decisions recently.

"Art Rooney obviously is the owner of the team and the president of the team," Colbert said. "Of course he's going to be in the loop on every decision as any chief operating officer would be of any corporation. I think to say he is meddlesome or dictating every decision I think is very inaccurate.

"A lot of decisions are made around here with a collective effort and, in our end, when we're talking about players, it's a collective effort between myself, coach Tomlin and Art, and that's the way we do business."

He said the same held true when Dan Rooney was president.

"It hasn't changed a bit since I've been here in 12 years. Of course, Mr. Rooney went from president to chairman, but the philosophy and operating procedures have not changed one bit."

Short snaps

ē Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger told Mike Prisuta of WDVE radio that he finally had his meeting Monday with Rooney. He also said he has not met with new offensive coordinator Todd Haley.

ē Colbert identified the best depth in the April NFL draft as being at wide receiver and cornerback.

"You can argue how many great players are at every position; I just know the numbers. Those are two positions on either side. It's reflected by what's going on in college football."

ē The Steelers are not sure what, if any, compensatory draft picks they will receive, Colbert said. It is unlikely to be much. They did not sign anyone's unrestricted free agent -- the New York Jets cut wide receiver Jerricho Cotchery, so he does not count -- and they did not lose much, either. The two they lost were backup tight end Matt Spaeth and backup defensive end Nick Eason.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12047/12 ... z1mWGoxBPi (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12047/1210576-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz1mWGoxBPi)

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
02-16-2012, 11:27 AM
As a fan I enjoy hearing what Colbert has to say.

As a strategist I wish he would never give interviews.

Somewhere in between is what I expect - interviews that say nothing.

aggiebones
02-16-2012, 11:43 AM
I never understood why fans get angry with coaches, owners, GMs, whatever for 'lying' to media about ANYTHING. It truly is a poker game and you BETTER bend those cards close to your body, especially if you've found some advantage.

YOU don't need to know. Watch and root for your team if you can't figure things out on your own.