PDA

View Full Version : Plaxico?

Eich
02-14-2012, 09:44 AM
I don't hear much about him. He'll be a free agent, right? On a team that experienced an implosion of epic proportions last year.

He says he wants to play for the Eagles. Not sure I really understand that desire.

But why no talk of the Steelers & Plax or the Cheaters & Plax or anyone else?

RuthlessBurgher
02-14-2012, 11:14 AM
He signed a one year deal for $3 million last year after not playing for several years after languishing in prison. Now that he's shown he still has a little bit left in the tank following a season with 8 TD catches, he'll likely want to improve upon that number. He'll want to go somewhere where he can WIN and get PAID. We could only provide the former, not the latter.

7 UP
02-14-2012, 11:54 AM
He signed a one year deal for $3 million last year after not playing for several years after languishing in prison. Now that he's shown he still has a little bit left in the tank following a season with 8 TD catches, he'll likely want to improve upon that number. He'll want to go somewhere where he can WIN and get PAID. We could only provide the former, not the latter.

What he showed this year is that he can no longer play. 8 TDs means nothing. I got a chance to see Plax play on several occasions, and in was not good. He looked slow. That combined with the fact that he never really was the best route runner, made him hard to watch. The play of the Jets receivers had a ton to do with the decline of Sanchez. Would not shock me at all if Burress dosent make a roster next year.

Steelers>NFL
02-14-2012, 12:09 PM

What he showed this year is that he can no longer play. 8 TDs means nothing. I got a chance to see Plax play on several occasions, and in was not good. He looked slow. That combined with the fact that he never really was the best route runner, made him hard to watch. The play of the Jets receivers had a ton to do with the decline of Sanchez. Would not shock me at all if Burress dosent make a roster next year.
Plus he threw his QB Sanchez under the bus after all of the bickering with Tonio and the team. Plax is still a HEADCASE! As Ce Lo's song goes "Forget (F&*K You) You" Plax.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
02-14-2012, 12:19 PM
IIRC 3 of those TDs came in one game in which he still only had 25 yards. He also never broke 80 yards in one game. Watching him a couple of times, he did not look good.

aggiebones
02-14-2012, 12:31 PM
We don't need to take on 37 year old projects. Plenty of teams can do that for him and give him some cash. We don't have a lack of WRs to sign. We have a lack of cap room to pay them with.

Eich
02-14-2012, 12:57 PM
On a Jets team that lost its mind, I don't know that anyone really knows enough about Plax's abilities at this point in his career.

If I'm reading ESPN.go.com correct, Sanstonio - the #1 guy on the team - had 51 catches for 654 yards. In his 4 years with the Steelers, 'stonio never had fewer than 821 yards and had 1,248 the year before we JETtisoned him.

Plax might be happy to play for any team willing to take another chance.

phillyesq
02-14-2012, 01:50 PM
IIRC 3 of those TDs came in one game in which he still only had 25 yards. He also never broke 80 yards in one game. Watching him a couple of times, he did not look good.

I saw the Jets quite a bit, and Plax did not look good. Aside from that one game, he did not show much at all. He was slow with no real ability to separate.

I'd still prefer Hines over Plax.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
02-14-2012, 08:50 PM

I saw the Jets quite a bit, and Plax did not look good. Aside from that one game, he did not show much at all. He was slow with no real ability to separate.

I'd still prefer Hines over Plax.

I agree. In the grand scheme of washed up, old receivers, I would say Hines, T.O., Moss, then Plax.

NJ-STEELER
02-15-2012, 01:24 AM
he scored 8 TDs with sanchez throwing the ball and being out of football for 2 years.

being in camp from the beginning of the season should help him this year

that said, he wont be here

hawaiiansteel
02-15-2012, 03:50 AM
Plax had his chance to become a Steeler again and decided instead to go to the Jets who were offering him more $

turned out to be a bad choice, which is something Plax is good at making...

http://readandreact.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/plaxico_handcuffs.jpg

anger 82&95
02-15-2012, 07:38 AM
If his heart is in Philadelphia, then why bother? Id rather have Cotchery any day of the week.

feltdizz
02-15-2012, 09:35 AM
Everyone knows I'm not a Plaxico fan but being slow and having 8 TD's on the Jets isn't a bad thing IMO.

Plax was never fast... he's big and would be a huge target in the RZ plus Ben and Plax have chemistry.

I'm still not a fan of Plax but he didn't show his back side in NYJ and if we lost Wallace he would be the perfect WR to insert in the offense to keep a D honest. He wouldn't stretch the field but he would be a monster in the 8 to 15 yard range due to his size.

Eich
02-15-2012, 10:55 AM
I'm not really advocating going after Plax to put him back in Black and Gold - though I wouldn't mind if we did. I'm just surprised that there isn't more chatter about him in general around the league.

Here in DC, all the talk radio heads talk about is bringing in Peyton Manning and bringing in Moss with no talk about Plax. They have learned NOTHING here in DC about how to build a team. They all acknolwedge that Shannahan is here short term (3-5 years max) and they want to win NOW. That's always their problem!!! They want to win NOW without doing what it takes to actually build a team. This city goes nutz for bringing in old, washed up, high profile free agents year after year and paying them what no other team will pay them.

NJ-STEELER
02-15-2012, 07:15 PM
Plax had his chance to become a Steeler again and decided instead to go to the Jets who were offering him more $

turned out to be a bad choice, which is something Plax is good at making...

http://readandreact.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/plaxico_handcuffs.jpg

he also chose to go to a team he would start at

costanza2k1
02-15-2012, 07:38 PM
Why not use Heath and Saunders in the red zone like other teams use other TEs. Our last OC loved using 500 TEs but never really passed to them in the red zone. The threat of the run and pass needed to be there in his scheme...