PDA

View Full Version : bvillesteel realistic mock

bvillesteel
02-14-2012, 03:00 AM
This is what I think you can expect from our team when its our time to pick.

Round 1 Cordy Glenn G/T UGA
Big body that can probably play some tackle but is more of a Guard at this point. Comes in and fills the hole at LG between Gilbert and Pouncey. I would like to have a more experienced guard to play next to Gilbert in his first year at LT but we go with the best option availble to us since our cap situation isnt that great.

Round 2 George Iloka FS Boise State
Ryan Clark turned in his best season last year but when you combine his age and style of play you see the need for this pick. Ryan Mundy is a good fill in but lacks what we really need next to Troy, a ballhawk.

Round 3 Alameda Ta'amu NT Washington
The big ugly we need to hog up blockers and keep our backers clean. Can come in and compete with McClendon for the starting job that will be open even if Casey Hampton is brought back, which at this point isnt likely.

Round 4 Michael Egnew TE Mizzou
Adds a dimension to the offense down the seams and complements our burners on the outside and Heath underneath. We finally have a proven offensive coordinator that will utilize his weapons so why not give him more to work with?

Round 5 Micah Pellerin CB Hampton
I know we took a couple of guys last year with a lot of promise but William Gay likely wont be back. Add to that Bryant McFadden was just cut. So after Keenan Lewis, Curtis Brown, and Cortez Allen we are left with Anthony Madison. I think we can take a flyer on a guy with good potential but rather raw.

Round 6 Andrew Datko OT FSU
Hurt towards the end of his senior season, Datko could come in and be a valuable back up for a couple of years. Started as a true freshman so he has been thrust into adversity before. Could be the answer for the swing tackle position and might be able to slide inside with his size. Would be a good option to finally push Essex off the roster but must be able to play guard to do so.

Round 7 Blair Walsh K UGA
Time to get Suisham off the roster. Everytime I see him line up for a field goal I get sick. Walsh mind you had a horrible senior season but has a good leg and should be able to come in and win the camp competition.

Round 7 Comp pick Bradie Ewing FB Wisconsin
Would be a nice addition to the offense. Has some ability to catch out the backfield but will be used to the best of his ability as a lead blocker. Would be less expensive than going out in free agencie and picking up a FB and we all know we don't have the cap space to do so.

I know that there is one glaring need not filled in this draft at ILB. I believe that you will see one of Farrior or Foote brought back and Sylvester will back them up. I also think it is to early to give up on Sly plus I want to see what Morty Ivy can do.

I am also one of the few people here happy with what Foster offers at RG. He doesn't make a ton of mistakes and is a more than capable blocker. To me the biggest hole on this line is at LG. I also believe that once the line is ok we will see this team take off. Defensively we are set up alright with just on big whole going in to the next year. So 2013 is the year we get the ILB we want.

Chucktownsteeler
02-14-2012, 08:23 AM
Is this Brian Allen?

steelblood
02-14-2012, 08:36 AM
Overall, Nice job.

I do believe that Glenn will be gone before our pick at 24. No matter what some pundits say about him being a G only or a G/RT. The guy is capable of playing LT and that is very valuable to teams. He is also a mountain of a man with fantastic athleticism. Someone will fall in love with him and he'll be gone by pick 20.

I also believe Ta'Amu will go before the end of the second round. Yes, he did disappear in some big games. But, Ta'Amu has everything you need to be a successful NT (power, quickness, size, durability, and athleticism). He also is one of the better conditioned 3-4 NTs I've seen coming out of college. These types of players usually don't last in drafts.

I like George Iloka. He has fantastic size for the position. He runs pretty well for this size and would be a great extra DB to cover athletic TEs. I'm not sure I'd call George a ballhawk (7 interceptions in 4 seasons - 3 as a starter - is okay, but not great especially considering the competition he faced and the fact that most of his opponents were forced to throw more than they wanted as they played from behind).

Nice find on Pellerin. Looks like a Tomlin type pick. In fact, isn't Hampton Tomlin's alma mater?

Egnew could be an interesting add to this team and a good red zone target.

Other than ILB (your reasoning behind not including one is solid), I'd consider adding a middle-to-late round WR here. WR is very deep in this draft, and we will likely need one or two to add to this team.

Slapstick
02-14-2012, 09:52 AM
Tomlin is a William & Mary alumnus...

Oviedo
02-14-2012, 10:12 AM
Overall, Nice job.

I do believe that Glenn will be gone before our pick at 24. No matter what some pundits say about him being a G only or a G/RT. The guy is capable of playing LT and that is very valuable to teams. He is also a mountain of a man with fantastic athleticism. Someone will fall in love with him and he'll be gone by pick 20.

I also believe Ta'Amu will go before the end of the second round. Yes, he did disappear in some big games. But, Ta'Amu has everything you need to be a successful NT (power, quickness, size, durability, and athleticism). He also is one of the better conditioned 3-4 NTs I've seen coming out of college. These types of players usually don't last in drafts.

I like George Iloka. He has fantastic size for the position. He runs pretty well for this size and would be a great extra DB to cover athletic TEs. I'm not sure I'd call George a ballhawk (7 interceptions in 4 seasons - 3 as a starter - is okay, but not great especially considering the competition he faced and the fact that most of his opponents were forced to throw more than they wanted as they played from behind).

Nice find on Pellerin. Looks like a Tomlin type pick. In fact, isn't Hampton Tomlin's alma mater?

Egnew could be an interesting add to this team and a good red zone target.

Other than ILB (your reasoning behind not including one is solid), I'd consider adding a middle-to-late round WR here. WR is very deep in this draft, and we will likely need one or two to add to this team.

I'm more optimistic that Glenn will be there at #24 than you are. I agree that no way Ta'amu lasts until our pick in Round 3. Too many teams are playing the 3-4 and need the protypical NT.

I like the Iloka pick and I would be looking at a ILB before Round 4. I like Audie Cole in Round 3.

To be honest, more and more I'm hoping someone does grab Wallace and we get a #1 back. With that we could really fix alot of areas in this draft.

MeetJoeGreene
02-14-2012, 10:30 AM
Dude! Epic mock draft. that is beast

MeetJoeGreene
02-14-2012, 10:32 AM
Dude! Epic mock draft. that is beast

Dee Dub
02-14-2012, 12:44 PM
I do not think this is realistic at all. Cordy Glenn is long gone before pick number 24, Ta'amu never sees round 3, and I believe Datko and Egnew are gone before round 4.

Slapstick
02-14-2012, 04:08 PM
I do not think this is realistic at all. Cordy Glenn is long gone before pick number 24, Ta'amu never sees round 3, and I believe Datko and Egnew are gone before round 4.

Players are going to fall...it always happens...

How long did Aaron Rodgers last on draft day?

This mock is no more or less realistic than any other that this point...

pfelix73
02-14-2012, 04:36 PM
I stopped reading after the round 1 pick. Unrealistic in my view......
Thanks for giving it a shot though.
:tt1

bvillesteel
02-14-2012, 05:38 PM
Every year there is a run on a position. This year I think a player like Glenn could fall into our lap. Look at where he is ranked right now and tell me that he honestly will be long gone by our pick, you can't.

Dee Dub
02-14-2012, 06:41 PM

Players are going to fall...it always happens...

How long did Aaron Rodgers last on draft day?

This mock is no more or less realistic than any other that this point...

Agreed but he has some of these guys (Ta'amu, Datko, and Egnew), dropping several rounds. That aint gonna happen.

Dee Dub
02-14-2012, 06:45 PM
Every year there is a run on a position. This year I think a player like Glenn could fall into our lap. Look at where he is ranked right now and tell me that he honestly will be long gone by our pick, you can't.

Like I have been saying for quite some time now, LT's who dominate like Glenn did in the SEC who can also play inside at G, dont drop. They are blue chippers.

For me I see Glenn as being as close to Orlando Pace as we've seen. He played LT all of one year. He will get better and when he does I think he will end up being the best tackle in this draft.

NJ-STEELER
02-15-2012, 07:18 PM
i too have had egnew in my mock.

read that coming into his senior season he was considered a #1 pick, with bgabbert leaving, his stock fell

RuthlessBurgher
02-15-2012, 07:29 PM
i too have had egnew in my mock.

read that coming into his senior season he was considered a #1 pick, with bgabbert leaving, his stock fell

Well, then, sig it up NJ! We can't have Ras-I Dowling in your sig mock draft forever (especially since he joined the Evil Empire).

NJ-STEELER
02-15-2012, 10:58 PM
i was gonna wait for the combine to be more realistic, but since you insist :wink:

i'll get one up on the weekend

Chadman
02-15-2012, 11:03 PM
Hard to be 'realistic' this far out of draft time.

After the Combine we start to see 'realism'- we'll see the 'athletes' that rise faster than the 'footballers', we'll see where the juniors fit...we'll see who talks to who, who gets cut & signed in FA...all deciding factors in 'realism'.

This is a good mock, if unrealistic.

:D

Mo_Steel
02-16-2012, 06:19 AM
Heres one I came up with off the simulator changing a few inputs opening up the need for a TE since Saunders maybe on way out yada yada. Best one I could come up with Glenn is rated too far down to get in middle of first and have seen the sim select him for our pick in second but generally goes before then. This is the best one with a nice selection of talent and value with a couple of Reaches mixed in. Many times I ran it, Brown is our 1st pick and Osemele is our second pick. For some reason I like the look of this run more than others. Instead of one or two good picks followed by some wtf's like a TE in the third rd or sooner, I like the selection later.

Rd1 - ILB Zach Brown ---- value pick
Rd2 - T Levy Adcock ---- value pick
Rd3 - DT Hebron Fangupo ---- reach Pick
Rd4 - G Amini Silatula ---- reach Pick
Rd5 - S Eddie Whitley ----- value Pick
Rd6 - TE David Paulson ---- value Pick
Rd7 - WR Jarrett Boykin ---- value Pick

I will switch up some of the values (I havent found these work as decribed, a little couterintuitive) and see where it comes in at if any dramatic changes will post. I like the positions selected whether I agree with the folks selected can be debated but not bad overall.

Mo_Steel
02-16-2012, 06:30 AM
Here ran another quickie with bumping the value of G and lessening some other areas.

1- LB Brown
2- G Osemele
3- DT Fangupo
4- S Aaron Henry Reach Pick
5- LB Tyler Nielson Value Pick
6- TE Deangelo Peterson Value Pick
7- WR Boykin

Still running into issues with the sim. I think much of it has to do with pre combine projections the value is skewed on players. I have ran some that drafted heavy offense just looking much like this one above but changing out 1. DT Poe, 3. to G Zeitler, 4. TE Egnew, 5 T Schwarz, 6 DE Hamilton, and 7 S Winston Guy. Will keep an eye on it more starting next week after the combine starts to thin the herd.

grotonsteel
02-21-2012, 01:37 PM
Here ran another quickie with bumping the value of G and lessening some other areas.

1- LB Brown
2- G Osemele
3- DT Fangupo
4- S Aaron Henry Reach Pick
5- LB Tyler Nielson Value Pick
6- TE Deangelo Peterson Value Pick
7- WR Boykin

Still running into issues with the sim. I think much of it has to do with pre combine projections the value is skewed on players. I have ran some that drafted heavy offense just looking much like this one above but changing out 1. DT Poe, 3. to G Zeitler, 4. TE Egnew, 5 T Schwarz, 6 DE Hamilton, and 7 S Winston Guy. Will keep an eye on it more starting next week after the combine starts to thin the herd.

Zach Brown stock will jump during combine. He is an athlete but i am not sure if he is a good football player.