PDA

View Full Version : Moss?

bostonsteeler
02-14-2012, 12:25 AM
Randy Moss wants to unretire..

Do you guys think he'd be any use to the Steelers/Ben/Haley?

BradshawsHairdresser
02-14-2012, 12:51 AM
I wouldn't expect the Steelers to pursue him...but if he should go back to the *'s, the Steelers' chances of keeping Wallace might improve a bit.

hawaiiansteel
02-14-2012, 01:32 AM
Randy Moss says he’s “coming to tear somebody’s heads off, man”

Posted by Mike Florio on February 13, 2012

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/moss.jpg?w=250

In 1998, then-rookie Randy Moss nonchalantly vowed to come to the NFL and “rip it up.” And he did.

Now, a season after retiring, Moss has made a more colorful promise. “I’m coming to tear somebody’s heads off, man,” Moss said in a compelling Monday night video session on Ustream, roughly 12 hours after using the technology to announce his return to football.

He dubs his casual laptop encounters with fans “Moss TV,” and he says he won’t be doing anything with the media. “I don’t wanna be on nobody’s radio, I don’t wanna be on nobody’s newspaper,” Moss said. “This is Moss TV, this is gonna continue to be Moss TV.”

He says he’s “fully committed” to playing, that he’s “still got it,” that he can indeed still run a 4.3 in the 40, but that he doesn’t need to be the No. 1 receiver on his next team.

“I got something on my shoulder and it’s a chip that I need to get it off,” Moss said.

Though earlier in the day he seemed to be willing to play for any team that is willing to have him, Moss hinted that he wants a team that will compete, and that is “missing a piece here and there.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... s-off-man/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/13/randy-moss-says-hes-coming-to-tear-somebodys-heads-off-man/)

Shawn
02-14-2012, 09:29 AM
No, we won't pick up Moss even though I wouldn't mind the pick up. Wallace and Brown would relegate Moss to #3 or 4 on the depth chart. I don't think that would help him "tear someones head off".

RuthlessBurgher
02-14-2012, 11:11 AM
In his last season split between New England, Minnesota, and Tennessee, he was lethargic and uninterested. Sitting out a year is not a recipe for improvement either, especially at his age. If the team sees the need for a veteran WR presence, I'd much rather bring back Hines at a reduced salary because at least I know that he will possess a championship attitude, even if he is not what he once was physically. Pass on Moss.

7 UP
02-14-2012, 11:58 AM
Another WR whos career is clearly over. I will be shocked if Moss plays a down in a regular season game this year.

hawaiiansteel
02-14-2012, 12:17 PM
Cris Carter says Randy Moss can still run a 4.3

ESPN analyst Cris Carter needed a little coaxing (and a lot of public ridicule) before he put Calvin Johnson on the list of top five NFL receivers. Carter apparently requires no such coercion when it comes to former teammate Randy Moss.

With Moss announcing on his 35th birthday that he plans to return to football, Carter said Monday night that Moss still has the speed that made him one of the best receivers in NFL history.

“The thing about Randy is, he’s never really been hurt,” Carter said, according to our own Evan Silva, who inexplicably was watching SportsCenter instead of NBC SportsTalk. “And he still can run very, very fast,” Carter said. ”I know he can run 4.3 today. I know he can still jump out of the bed and run 4.3.”

That remains the key question regarding the potential interest in Randy Moss. Can he still run like he once ran? If he can, he’ll have suitors.

If he can’t, he’ll be running with T.O. and the rest of the Allen Wranglers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/ca ... umor-mill/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/)

fezziwig
02-14-2012, 12:17 PM
I see the ravens going for him.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
02-14-2012, 12:44 PM
The Steelers won't pursue Moss. They don't ever show interest in head cases like him. Moss' problems during his career were that he wasn't competitive enough, whined when he didn't get thrown to enough, and would take plays off. I can't see how a year on the couch helped. I would think that he is being brought back more from a financial need than a competitive fire.

Some people say that a team with strong leadership - like the Steelers - can absorb an attitude like his because they have enough people in the locker room to keep him in line. One of the reasons they maintain that strong leadership is because they never undermine it with guys like Moss.

Assuming money/cap hit is the same, I would rather go Hines or T.O. before Moss. Owens had more of a problem being too competitive as opposed to taking plays off.

Dee Dub
02-14-2012, 12:49 PM
......Do you guys think he'd be any use to the Steelers/Ben/Haley?

Only if he plays for another team. He'd be a big help to the Steelers if he played for the Ravens.

ikestops85
02-14-2012, 01:21 PM
I think Moss would look perfect lined up next to Tone in a puke green uniform. he'd fit right in with the other head cases that the head coach there has brought in.

RuthlessBurgher
02-14-2012, 01:26 PM
I think Moss would look perfect lined up next to Tone in a puke green uniform. he'd fit right in with the other head cases that the head coach there has brought in.

The Jets should sign Moss, T.O., and Ocho, plus keep Plax and Tone. :lol:

phillyesq
02-14-2012, 01:44 PM

The Jets should sign Moss, T.O., and Ocho, plus keep Plax and Tone. :lol:

All that, and throw in Rex Ryan, and HBO could have the top rated reality show of all time if they could get the Jets to do hard knocks again.

fezziwig
02-14-2012, 03:34 PM
As talented as Moss is or was I, wouldn't want him around our young receivers and spreading his virus.

hawaiiansteel
02-14-2012, 05:49 PM
On Moss, Cris Carter says teams should worry about “that thing called quit”

Posted by Mike Florio on February 14, 2012

On Monday, former Randy Moss teammate and mentor Cris Carter said that Moss can still run the 40-yard dash in 4.3 seconds.

On Tuesday, Carter applied a caveat to that assessment.

“The one thing you have to address with Randy Moss is not a conditioning thing,” Carter told ESPN Radio’s Mike & Mike in the Morning, via ESPN.com. “It’s not an age thing. It needs to be addressed. I believe it’s the elephant in the room. It’s that thing called quit.

“And Randy, not like any other superstar I’ve met, he has more quit in him than any of those other players. So I need to address that. That’s what [Bill] Belichick did when he brought him over from Oakland. He told him he wasn’t going to have it.

“But Randy, when things don’t go well, like no other player I’ve ever been around or associated with, he has a quit mechanism in him that’s huge. That needs to be addressed before he signs with any team.”

It’s one thing for an analyst or observer of the game to make that claim. It’s quite another for Carter to say it.

And Carter is right. Moss, unlike any other star athlete, relies on external motivation and stimulation. If he has a chip on his shoulder, he performs better. If his team struggles, he sulks and eventually disconnects.

During his final year in New England, for example, Moss was so concerned about not getting a new contract after the season ended that the Pats finally decided to ship him out of town.

The good news for the team that gets Moss is that, for now, he’s focused and committed and driven. If he ends up with a bad team or if he doesn’t play well or if he encounters any type of adversity that he can’t quickly overcome, he’ll behave like he did from time to time with the Vikings, in 2006 with the Raiders, and in 2010 with the Patriots and then the Vikings and then the Titans, where he was reduced to a non-factor.

Carter’s criticism struck a nerve with Moss, who took to Twitter to say to Carter “its sad how u stroked ur own ego when u were suppose to b my mentor! then u wonder why karma bites u in the ass! #goodlukwithhof”

Thus, Moss will be even more driven, to prove Carter wrong. And that will benefit Randy’s next team.

Until “that thing called quit” rears its ugly head. Again.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... lled-quit/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/14/on-moss-cris-carter-says-teams-should-worry-about-that-thing-called-quit/)

fezziwig
02-14-2012, 05:58 PM
ha, there must not be any love loss between those two. i bet you moss gets into the hof before carter.

Dee Dub
02-14-2012, 06:47 PM
Cris Carter says Randy Moss can still run a 4.3

ESPN analyst Cris Carter needed a little coaxing (and a lot of public ridicule) before he put Calvin Johnson on the list of top five NFL receivers. Carter apparently requires no such coercion when it comes to former teammate Randy Moss.

With Moss announcing on his 35th birthday that he plans to return to football, Carter said Monday night that Moss still has the speed that made him one of the best receivers in NFL history.

“The thing about Randy is, he’s never really been hurt,” Carter said, according to our own Evan Silva, who inexplicably was watching SportsCenter instead of NBC SportsTalk. “And he still can run very, very fast,” Carter said. ”I know he can run 4.3 today. I know he can still jump out of the bed and run 4.3.”

That remains the key question regarding the potential interest in Randy Moss. Can he still run like he once ran? If he can, he’ll have suitors.

If he can’t, he’ll be running with T.O. and the rest of the Allen Wranglers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/ca ... umor-mill/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/)

Chris Carter on ESPN today has also said that Randy Moss has more quit in him than any player he has ever known.

No thank you.

pittpete
02-14-2012, 07:03 PM
http://blogs.redding.com/redding/pfountain/archives/DATELines%20Randy%20Moss.jpg