PDA

View Full Version : So how much cap room did we really clear???

steelerkeylargo
02-10-2012, 07:07 PM
According to my pal Pat Kirwan. We were 29 million over. Cleared 18 mil so far. 11 million to go.

BigRob
02-10-2012, 07:22 PM
According to my pal Pat Kirwan. We were 29 million over. Cleared 18 mil so far. 11 million to go.

I have heard they were anywhere from 25 to 30 million over from a bunch of different analyst. I think 29 million is on the high side. It really depends on what the final cap limit is set at, but we are anywhere from 7 to 11 million over still. Lots more work to do.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
02-16-2012, 11:08 AM
Either way, two things are clear........

1) We still have a long way to go.

2) It is something that we can easily accomplish without cutting players who we don't want to cut.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
02-16-2012, 11:37 AM
If we use the estimated cap of 125 mil, add in cost of the "future contracts" which will hit beginning of new league year, add in the tenders we will issue, & 2012 dead money...Even with the releases & restructures to date we are 19.5 mil over cap. Now, using "Rule 51" which will be the cap number until week one, the Steelers are 12.8 mil over cap right now. Rule 51 is the highest 51 base salaries & all 2012 bonuses count against the cap until beginning of season. So the Steelers need to clear 12.8 mil to fit all the "future contract" signees and tender Wallace, Johnson, Foster, Legursky, Lewis, Mundy, McClendon, & Redman. 12.8 mil over and Batch, Lefty, Dixon, Cothcery, Essex, Gay, Sepulveda, Madison, Starks, Moore & Meredith are on the street. Kapinos is figured into the cap. So there is the ugly truth. Need 12.8 mil more. Alot of work still needs to be done.