PDA

View Full Version : When Lebeau is Done

flippy
02-10-2012, 04:00 PM
Will we promote from within? Or will we go outside the organization?

I have a feeling everyone expects we'll hire from within. But we'll go external.

Maybe we'll shake things up and go after Rex Ryan after the Jets tire of him as a HC. Or we'll talk to Mangini - another guy who didn't cut it as a HC, but seems to have a good football mind.

All these offenses are becoming predominantly passing attacks, a la NE. And Mangini is a guy that seemed to figure out how to put a system together to stop NE in 2 different places. I'm surprised he's been out of coaching so long.

Eddie Spaghetti
02-10-2012, 04:09 PM
butler.

I'm sure he has been given some assurances that he will be the guy.

Dee Dub
02-10-2012, 04:15 PM
butler.

I'm sure he has been given some assurances that he will be the guy.

agreed

aggiebones
02-10-2012, 04:24 PM
Butler would already be gone, if he wasn't promised. He's been offered several DC positions.

RuthlessBurgher
02-10-2012, 04:39 PM
If Butler didn't get the job, he may threaten to kill someone in the Steeler organization, but ultimately wouldn't go through with it (because the investigation would be too predictable...the Butler did it).

pittpete
02-10-2012, 06:46 PM
LeBeau is allready done, he's only had the #1 ranked defense 3 times and given up the least amount of points 3 times during his stint as DC.

You know who will be along soon to agree :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ikestops85
02-10-2012, 06:56 PM
When LeBeau is done this will be Ovi

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_iyhaHOjcwQU/S8itHd4t3tI/AAAAAAAAAVY/VVuuGBgfVwk/s1600/happydance.jpg

SteelerOfDeVille
02-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Hines for DC! :Boobs

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
02-16-2012, 11:07 AM
If Butler didn't get the job, he may threaten to kill someone in the Steeler organization, but ultimately wouldn't go through with it (because the investigation would be too predictable...the Butler did it).

Groan....... :lol:

Shawn
02-16-2012, 12:03 PM

Ok...I must admit that was quite funny. :lol:

Oviedo
02-16-2012, 12:34 PM
When LeBeau is done this will be Ovi

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_iyhaHOjcwQU/S8itHd4t3tI/AAAAAAAAAVY/VVuuGBgfVwk/s1600/happydance.jpg

I will gladly recognize him for his tremendous contributions and immediately been hoping they put someone in his place who will think outside the box of what we do and consider what we could change to make us even better.

I think the Haley hire was just that type of move that the offense needed. I think the defense needs the same type of fresh perspective which is why the just give it to Butler (and I think they will) move concerns me.