PDA

View Full Version : Florio and Wexell getting into a pissing match on twitter

BigRob
02-10-2012, 02:51 PM
Read from the bottom up. It's hilarious.

jimwexell James C Wexell
Look how this toolbox used my first and last name in an attempt bury me over a mistake. profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/05/16/jimů His fwend petey mad
1 minute ago
Schneid
schneid3306 Schneid
by jimwexell
@
@jimwexell Please stop makig fun of Florio. I am laughing too hard at work. Its suspicious.
6 minutes ago
James C Wexell
jimwexell James C Wexell
@
@jamesalfonso @ProFootballTalk "fight! fight! fight!" -- I will punch. He will sue. And I'll say, boys, it's been one helluva ride.
6 minutes ago
James C Wexell
jimwexell James C Wexell
@
@BIGGMIKE0607 Omar kahn is a money guru genius.....#restructure" -- the truth, and to think he positioned himself last year to do this. .
9 minutes ago
James C Wexell
jimwexell James C Wexell
@
@bigsteelz "this is awesome" -- It is. but mike should know never to argue down, It strips you of your phony elitist status.
12 minutes ago
James C Wexell
jimwexell James C Wexell
@freeagentnews@hammerspeaks "or Brady Quinn. ND QBs all the same" -- ha. May as well have been Mirer for how much either played.
16 minutes ago
James C Wexell
jimwexell James C Wexell
@FreeAgentNews ... and please stop poisoning Morning Joe. It's the only news show worth watching.
18 minutes ago
James C Wexell
jimwexell James C Wexell
@
@FreeAgentNews Rick Mirer. Terry Bradshaw. Dennis Dixon. Conspiracy theories. Chatter at SB that Haley was mere courtesy ... wah wah wah wah
19 minutes ago
James C Wexell
jimwexell James C Wexell
Hey how the scoop about Rick Mirer getting practice reps for Tebow, and how Phil Simms chortled with delight that he saw nothing of the sort
21 minutes ago
James C Wexell
jimwexell James C Wexell
Steelers re-structure Ike, turn contract in, and the league turns it over to Florio for the scoop.. Ahhhhh, yes. Love gritty gutty reporting
23 minutes ago
James C Wexell
jimwexell James C Wexell
@
@jimwexell @ProFootballTalk Now, use your mega power and flex those big page view muscles and put my name in a headline & be a real badass.
25 minutes ago
James C Wexell
jimwexell James C Wexell
@ProFootballTalk Aw, poor whiddle douchebag get his feelings hurt?
27 minutes ago

ProFootballTalk
ProFootballTalk ProFootballTalk
Sometimes, our editorial decisions are driven solely by the availability of a smart-ass comment http://wp.me/p14QSB-ZB6
40 seconds ago
ProFootballTalk
@
@FreeTankCarter . . . I choose "both".
26 minutes ago
ProFootballTalk
@
@jimwexell . . . Shouldn't you be listening to SiriusXM NFL Radio and then reporting the exact opposite of what they say?
30 minutes ago

NW Steeler
02-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Florio is a gigantic douchebag.

calmkiller
02-10-2012, 03:13 PM
I always thought Wexell was a bit of a Douche....He proved it more to me today.

BigRob
02-10-2012, 03:34 PM
I always thought Wexell was a bit of a Douche....He proved it more to me today.

I'm curious. How so?

Dee Dub
02-10-2012, 03:42 PM
Both sound very unprofessional. Why would anyone read what these two have to say?

RuthlessBurgher
02-10-2012, 04:31 PM
Am I the only person on earth who finds Twitter to be painfully hard to decipher? Whenever anyone posts these twitter feeds, I never know who wrote what, who they are talking to, etc.

eniparadoxgma
02-10-2012, 04:49 PM
Same here RB.

@RuthlessBurgher
I know what you're talking about
#stupidtwitter

feltdizz
02-10-2012, 05:19 PM
Am I the only person on earth who finds Twitter to be painfully hard to decipher? Whenever anyone posts these twitter feeds, I never know who wrote what, who they are talking to, etc.

:Agree I can't tell who is saying what...

NW Steeler
02-10-2012, 05:30 PM
I f*ckinig hate Twitter. Almost as bad as Tumblr. Yeah, I'm a little old-school, but sheesh.

ikestops85
02-10-2012, 07:18 PM

I'm glad you guys said that because I'm right with you. I didn't have a clue as to what or whom was saying what. :?

feltdizz
02-10-2012, 07:24 PM

I'm glad you guys said that because I'm right with you. I didn't have a clue as to what or whom was saying what. :?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-VCgZVRdwDUo/TbDSYmObUHI/AAAAAAAAADM/bOPhVB3Un6M/s1600/Lil_Jon_Dave_Chappelle_L_461c9a590d.jpg

fordfixer
02-10-2012, 07:44 PM
I really can't believe I'm about to say this but "I agree with Ruthless" :wink:

DukieBoy
02-10-2012, 10:20 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You talk as if you've just gone over to the dark side.

D Rock
02-11-2012, 10:49 AM
I'm 24 and have a twitter account. I dont know how to use it. I dont know how to read it. I hate it.

BradshawsHairdresser
02-11-2012, 11:15 AM
I'm 24 and have a twitter account. I dont know how to use it. I dont know how to read it. I hate it.

Thanks for posting this. I suddenly feel a whole lot better about my technologically illiterate self...
:D

fordfixer
02-11-2012, 11:20 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You talk as if you've just gone over to the dark side.
:lol: :lol:

Captain Lemming
02-11-2012, 02:06 PM
Both sound very unprofessional. Why would anyone read what these two have to say?

I can't believe I'm about to say this but "I agree with Dee Dub" :D

RuthlessBurgher
02-11-2012, 03:07 PM

http://i.saucesome.net/cHU.gif

7 UP
02-11-2012, 09:27 PM
I also cant read twitter. Id rather watch Wexell and Florio battle it out using a telegraph that read that.

fordfixer
02-12-2012, 01:42 AM

http://i.saucesome.net/cHU.gif
Now I'm really sorry I said that :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steel Life
02-12-2012, 12:42 PM
The two things that seem to be driving this is that Wexell has taken issue with Florio reporting rumor & innuendo as fact (creating issues where none exist) & that national journalists are taking credit where local writers have done the work. Wexell feels that Florio takes every oppotunity to run the Steelers down, presenting everything in a sensational light (the Rooneys are meddlesome, gets favorable treatment from the NFL & the refs, Tomlin encourages players to hurt others, Ben is out of control, etc) & ignores facts when they don't support his story (i.e. that the Steelers wanted Clements but took Haley who was the best of the rest).

Personally, I like it that Wexell is taking Florio on...Florio thinks he above reproach & needs to be taken down a peg or two - especially when he gets the story wrong.

NC Steeler Fan
02-12-2012, 10:25 PM
Wow, I thought I was the only one on the planet who's never been
on Twitter.

And, now I finally get that 4G commercial saying "That's sooo 37 seconds ago."

Thanks, you guys just made me feel good too! :lol:

MaxAMillion
02-12-2012, 10:41 PM

So glad you said it because I always feel the same way. I can't tell who said what.

fordfixer
02-13-2012, 12:14 AM
on Twitter.

uuummm ..........................Whats 4G?

RuthlessBurgher
02-13-2012, 12:23 AM
on Twitter.

uuummm ..........................Whats 4G?

Better than 3G (I think). :wink:

phillyesq
02-13-2012, 09:43 AM

So glad you said it because I always feel the same way. I can't tell who said what.

I use twitter to follow a number of beat writers, including Wexell. When you are reading the posts (or tweets, I guess) on twitter, as opposed to reposts on a message board, it is a bit easier to follow. It does become complicated to follow when people start responding to messages. For getting a quick news blurb on your phone, twitter can be a useful resource.

I don't send messages or get involved beyond following it as a news source. But for getting a quick blurb on the Steelers or national news when I'm out of the office or on the road, it serves a purpose.

JAR
02-13-2012, 10:52 AM
I like Twitter better than Facebook. If you follow the right people, it can be very informative and entertaining and yes, everything else is so 37 seconds ago.. :D

fezziwig
02-13-2012, 03:05 PM
i'm looking at it and I still don't know what twitter is. Is it a public email system or something ?
Anyway, all the stuff I hear about twitter and facebook.....people or peoples have no life.

Not like the important issues I have time to comment upon, read over and hang my Steelers hopes upon, like on this site.

fordfixer
02-14-2012, 01:19 AM
Florio and Wexell getting into a pissing match

For Distance, accuracy, or volume ????????

DBR96A
02-14-2012, 08:29 AM

Mike Florio wins the distance contest, but Jim Wexell wins the accuracy and volume contest.

Eich
02-14-2012, 09:38 AM
i'm looking at it and I still don't know what twitter is. Is it a public email system or something ?

Think of Twitter like people sending text messages. But instead of people sending a text message to one specific person, they are sending those messages to everyone who is "following" them. "Following" someone on twitter is bascially signing up to receive all of these text messages that they are sending.

It's an interesting concept. I don't follow many people. I did start following Polamalu last year. He puts out some interesting non-football observations in his life.

fezziwig
02-14-2012, 09:42 AM

Think of Twitter like people sending text messages. But instead of people sending a text message to one specific person, they are sending those messages to everyone who is "following" them. "Following" someone on twitter is bascially signing up to receive all of these text messages that they are sending.

It's an interesting concept. I don't follow many people. I did start following Polamalu last year. He puts out some interesting non-football observations in his life.

tnx

fordfixer
02-14-2012, 10:37 PM

Mike Florio wins the distance contest, but Jim Wexell wins the accuracy and volume contest.
:lol: Welcome to the Planet :tt1

RuthlessBurgher
02-15-2012, 11:17 AM

Florio cheated. He used a Whizzenator. :lol: