PDA

View Full Version : Conspiracy Theories - Why We Hired Haley

flippy
02-08-2012, 06:50 PM
1. Rooney's still mad at Ben for his off field conduct. So we brought in someone that will keep him inline without any regard to who he is or how big his contract is.

2. Rooney believes Tomlin is soft. And he wants to bring in the anti-Tomlin to shake things up.

3. Tomlin wants more out of Ben, but wants to remain the good guy, so he's bringing in Haley to do his dirty work.

4. Rooney senses a lack of passion on the team and wants a little more Cowher like spittle/fire in the coaching ranks.

5. James Harrison wants to keep hitting guys with his helmet and suggested hiring a crazy coach would take some of the spotlight off our defense.

6. Haley has a picture of someone from when he was a kid that the Steelers don't want anyone to see.

NJ-STEELER
02-08-2012, 06:58 PM
he's a local and a kid of someone who worked for them

Jooser
02-08-2012, 07:10 PM
:idea: Rooney wants to score more points and run the football better.

pittpete
02-08-2012, 07:30 PM
-The Rooney's cringe every time they see their 100 million dollar investment take a monster hit waiting for his receivers to run 40 yard patterns :moon

RuthlessBurgher
02-08-2012, 09:01 PM
I'll go with "they interviewed a bunch of guys and thought he'd make the best O.C. for this team" for $1000, Alex.

DukieBoy
02-08-2012, 11:07 PM

Your avatar is freaky, Joos, but I like your idea anyway.

Mister Pittsburgh
02-08-2012, 11:37 PM
Rooney wants an OC that's runs the offense best suited for the 11 offensive players, not on that caters to one player.

Ghost
02-09-2012, 10:01 AM
Art: "How do you feel about the bubble screen?"
Todd: "Don't like it and don't use it"
Art: "You're hired!"

Oviedo
02-09-2012, 10:13 AM
-The Rooney's cringe every time they see their 100 million dollar investment take a monster hit waiting for his receivers to run 40 yard patterns :moon

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! The Rooney's know that without Ben they have no chance to win championships especially in an increasingly competitive AFC North where next season three teams could have 10 or more wins.

The real proof of whether this is about protecting Ben will occur in the draft. If we don't select two offensive linemen in the first four rounds then we have a real issue.

Jigawatts
02-09-2012, 10:54 AM
2. Rooney believes Tomlin is soft. And he wants to bring in the anti-Tomlin to shake things up.

This is the Batman needs the Joker theory.

RuthlessBurgher
02-09-2012, 11:14 AM

And Ben wanting to keep Arians was the Batman needs his Robin theory? :wink:

MeetJoeGreene
02-09-2012, 11:58 AM

Bat Ben and Boy Blunder?

Jooser
02-09-2012, 12:08 PM

LOL, search annoying orange on Youtube, Dukie. :D

RuthlessBurgher
02-09-2012, 01:11 PM

LOL, search annoying orange on Youtube, Dukie. :D

My kids love that stuff...the only thing worse is #&@%ing FRED.

Jigawatts
02-10-2012, 03:51 PM

Nah, I'd compare Arians to Alfred.

Some old man hanging out in the bat cave. He's just happy to be there, catering to Batman.