PDA

View Full Version : 900 Pounds of Butterfingers delivered to Wes Welker

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-08-2012, 02:00 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1057 ... me-blunder (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1057454-super-bowl-2012-wes-welker-tormented-with-butterfingers-for-big-game-blunder)

:lol:

And in further news, Giselle sentenced by the Boston D.A. to the "float or drown" trial for being a witch.

drprwnap
02-08-2012, 06:36 AM
If the greatest QB of all time :roll: throws the ball where it's supposed to be, Welker makes the catch. IMO, this was on pretty boy as much (if not more) as Welker.

7 UP
02-08-2012, 08:39 AM
Wow, talk about bandwagon Pats fans! :shock: Welker has been a dominant receiver for them for years now, and this is how you repay him, after he drops a ball?

Steelers>NFL
02-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Feel bad for Welker. He is a GREAT WR. Especially after the catch stuff.
Goes to show, we sports fans have a short memory, and very high expectations
of pro-athlete. They are human too. He is getting all the criticism for this. Where is Brady's criticisms??? He was not exactly perfect in the game, as he usually is.

The Man of Steel
02-08-2012, 09:07 AM
Bill Buckner has to be smiling somewhere.

ramblinjim
02-08-2012, 09:38 AM
Allow me to pile on: If Giants fans sent this, it's pretty funny. If Pats* fans sent this, then it's pretty cruddy.

It would have been a fantastic catch if he had made that grab.

Pats* fans going off on Welker would be like Steelers fans going off on Ike for the Denver game.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-08-2012, 09:45 AM
Allow me to pile on: If Giants fans sent this, it's pretty funny. If Pats* fans sent this, then it's pretty cruddy.

Pats* fans going off on Welker would be like Steelers fans going off on Ike for the Denver game.

We kind of did, but just for the moment. Steeler fans are smart enough to realize it's only one game, and that a man should be judged by the body of his work. (And, that it means we'll be able to get him a lot cheaper when his contract comes up!!).

BradshawsHairdresser
02-08-2012, 09:50 AM
I'd take Wes Welker on my team any day.

feltdizz
02-08-2012, 10:10 AM

Getting torched by Tebow all day long is much worse than dropping a poorly thrown ball. IMO.

RuthlessBurgher
02-08-2012, 11:04 AM
I'd take Wes Welker on my team any day.

Welker is a pending unrestricted free agent. I'd love for stupid hijinx like this to turn him off to Boston and convince him to sign elsewhere where his talents would be more appreciated (as long as it's not Baltimore, of course).

frankthetank1
02-08-2012, 11:51 AM
If the greatest QB of all time :roll: throws the ball where it's supposed to be, Welker makes the catch. IMO, this was on pretty boy as much (if not more) as Welker.

i agree that play is more on brady not making a good throw. that was a very tough catch to make its not like it was an easy ground ball like bill buckner had.

aggiebones
02-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Actually the ball was where it should have been. Had he lead him to the other side, Welker would still be unconscious in the hospital.
That was a soft easy catch. He just missed it.
Bad time for him to do so, but it happens. It wasn't a choke on his part, just an abnormal move and maybe mistimed jump.

Hernandez completely choked on his drop. Perfectly placed and muffed.

Steel Life
02-09-2012, 08:45 AM
Brady certainly wasn't as sharp as he normaly is (& deep down I wonder if this is the beginning of his deterioration) but his receivers didn't help him much. Most of them had two hands on the ball but couldn't reel it in - pro WRs are expected to make those catches - which to Welker's credit, he was taking it so hard. I'd expect the Pats to go hard after a WR in FA & the draft as well.

Ghost
02-09-2012, 09:38 AM
Wes Welker just got engaged to a former Miss Hooters International. I really can't feel bad for him at all...

feltdizz
02-09-2012, 09:56 AM
Actually the ball was where it should have been. Had he lead him to the other side, Welker would still be unconscious in the hospital.
Bad time for him to do so, but it happens. It wasn't a choke on his part, just an abnormal move and maybe mistimed jump.

I just watched the replay...

That was a horrible throw when you look at the coverage...
http://boston.sbnation.com/new-england-patriots/2012/2/5/2774138/super-bowl-2012-tom-brady-wes-welker-cant-connect-on-big-play

If a lesser QB throws that pass everyone would blame the QB.

phillyesq
02-09-2012, 11:04 AM

Getting torched by Tebow all day long is much worse than dropping a poorly thrown ball. IMO.

You have a point, but it is worth remembering that Thomas started coming into his own late in the season. He was a first round pick who was set back by injuries.

RuthlessBurgher
02-09-2012, 11:11 AM
Wes Welker just got engaged to a former Miss Hooters International. I really can't feel bad for him at all...

Of course, one day he'll have to explain to his kids that Daddy met Mommy when she was working at Hooters (like in the movie Big Daddy).

Ghost
02-09-2012, 01:12 PM

Of course, one day he'll have to explain to his kids that Daddy met Mommy when she was working at Hooters (like in the movie Big Daddy).

More than a fair trade-off!!!! :D

NJ-STEELER
02-10-2012, 01:10 AM

philips initial angle was directly towards the sideline.

welker would have been way past him if he led him with the pass

NJ-STEELER
02-10-2012, 01:13 AM

I just watched the replay...

That was a horrible throw when you look at the coverage...
http://boston.sbnation.com/new-england-patriots/2012/2/5/2774138/super-bowl-2012-tom-brady-wes-welker-cant-connect-on-big-play

If a lesser QB throws that pass everyone would blame the QB.

yep

welker was already at least even with him after slowing down and jumping to turn and try to catch the pass

just goes to show how the media (most of it anyway) never wants to put the blame on mr wonderful