PDA

View Full Version : Forget B&G.... we are now D&G

feltdizz
02-07-2012, 08:29 PM
Dooooooom and Gloooooom

Everyone is saying they don't like the hire but are willing to give him a shot. the Steelers thank you for being so kind. :roll:

I really thought it would change once we got rid of that other guy but.... LOL, just kidding, I knew this was going to happen. Everyone expects the worst... that way they can have nowhere to go but up....

If Haley calls a run for no gain I think the guy who just left that shall remain nameless will start getting love letters by the second game.

I think it's safe to say that the best OC is the next OC....

grotonsteel
02-07-2012, 10:04 PM
Well its human nature i guess.

Its similar to backup QB being a great QB or in Steelers case every other QB in NFL is great except Ben because he holds the ball too long or he does not throw 4 yards pass on 3rd and long.

Flasteel
02-07-2012, 10:25 PM
Dooooooom and Gloooooom

Everyone is saying they don't like the hire but are willing to give him a shot. the Steelers thank you for being so kind. :roll:

I really thought it would change once we got rid of that other guy but.... LOL, just kidding, I knew this was going to happen. Everyone expects the worst... that way they can have nowhere to go but up....

If Haley calls a run for no gain I think the guy who just left that shall remain nameless will start getting love letters by the second game.

What more do you want? Not everyone is down on the hire and the vast majority of those who don't like it, are like you said - willing to give him a shot (like we have a choice).

The guy does have a reputation a a douchebag. More than that, he comes off like a douchebag most of the time he's captured on tape. Are we supposed to fall all over ourselves for a guy like that? Are we not allowed to voice our concerns with his reputation and how it might impact our players?

I don't like the hire, but I've never met Haley and I trust the Rooneys, Colbert, and Tomlin. He has every opportunity to prove the doubters wrong and the only thing we're going to eventually judge him by is what transpires on the field.

Your claims (as well as others) that "everyone" will always hate on the OC, regardless of who it is, are total bunk. Sure, you can never please all of the fans. But we've had great OC's here in the past that few, if any, ever complained about. If Haley can move this offense out from mediocrity, then I'll gladly support him.

fezziwig
02-07-2012, 10:39 PM
Was he a spaz when he was an assistant coach ? Reason I'm asking is, maybe he just can't handle the pressure of being a head coach ?

Listening to the fan today they, had a media guy from Kansas or at least I think he was a media guy. He was saying Haley had good cause to be paranoid about phone taps, listening devices and what have you and Haley wasn't the only one that thought that was going on over there.
This dude also said the Chief organization is far from normal when it comes to privacy for the individuals. Pretty much said it's a back stabbing, cloke and dagger type situation.

7 UP
02-07-2012, 10:43 PM
How freaking fun would an internet message board be if everyone always agreed???? Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I disagree with the hire, but I trust Tomlin, and the Rooneys. I hope Haley is the OC here for the next ten years and we win 4 more Super Bowls. What more do you want? The guy has a controversial record. Its tough to see past that.

fezziwig
02-07-2012, 10:54 PM
I'm sitting the fence about it or he is the lesser of the evils.

Randy to me would have been another Arians. The coach from the Raiders or the Colts did nothing for me either.

The things I like about Haley are:

Young guy, should be full of energy.

Probably would like to prove the Cheifs made a mistake in lettting him go.

Did well with the Cardinals.

Has a Pittsburgh and Steeler background.

I believe his personality is strong enough to be a leader.

Should add some wrinkles for our offense.

Probably can think outside the box and not hesitate to make adjustments.

The things I worry about are:

Will Ben not warm up to him or the rest of the offense for that matter.

Is his personality or mindset over the top ?

And pretty much all the negative stuff I'm hearing from you guys.

feltdizz
02-08-2012, 09:40 AM
Dooooooom and Gloooooom

What more do you want? Not everyone is down on the hire and the vast majority of those who don't like it, are like you said - willing to give him a shot (like we have a choice).

The guy does have a reputation a a douchebag. More than that, he comes off like a douchebag most of the time he's captured on tape. Are we supposed to fall all over ourselves for a guy like that? Are we not allowed to voice our concerns with his reputation and how it might impact our players?

I don't like the hire, but I've never met Haley and I trust the Rooneys, Colbert, and Tomlin. He has every opportunity to prove the doubters wrong and the only thing we're going to eventually judge him by is what transpires on the field.

Your claims (as well as others) that "everyone" will always hate on the OC, regardless of who it is, are total bunk. Sure, you can never please all of the fans. But we've had great OC's here in the past that few, if any, ever complained about. If Haley can move this offense out from mediocrity, then I'll gladly support him.

no doubt I'm complaining just like everyone else on the internets...

I find it funny how some are going to give him a shot (like they have a choice) LOL...

We've had great OC's but I wonder if the fans thought the OC was great when he was the current OC. I think fans dislike current OC's and revise history or have the benefit of looking at a full body of work to appreciate past OC's.

The best OC's were before message boards (I think)...and I'm willing to bet the OC was the goat back then as well.

Another question is what's important? Seems most of the criticism involves his personality and not his results on the field.

I thought we wanted a tough OC?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-08-2012, 09:50 AM
Hmm ... I wonder what his 1st play call will be?

I think if it is RUTFM or a screen, the collective moan and wail from Steeler Nation, if it could be harnessed and converted to electricity, would be loud enough to power a medium-sized city.

Hint Mr. Haley - a rainbow pass to Wallace for your 1st play call has some things in its favor!

fezziwig
02-08-2012, 10:21 AM
I don't believe people want a tough OC as in the way of getting in someones face or being my way or no way. I myself wanted a guy the players or should I say Ben, will respect enough to follow the coaches game plan or not change plays that possibly would be called.

A couple of things about Ben and Arians. Was Arians calling a more balanced game that, Ben would want the plays changed ?

Was Arians trying to make adjustments that Ben decided to change the plays ?

In any event it all falls upon Arians. if he allowed Ben too much friendship and or too much control.

I think Rooney seen enough of that adding in they couldn't score points and having a banged up Ben all the time.

Possibly Haley can guide Ben and the offense and finally get the potential out of these guys that was wasted for so many seasons.

Then again, maybe Haley will end the honeymoon quickly and there will be nothing but a hostile inviroment with no offensive improvements.

feltdizz
02-08-2012, 10:41 AM
Hmm ... I wonder what his 1st play call will be?

I think if it is RUTFM or a screen, the collective moan and wail from Steeler Nation, if it could be harnessed and converted to electricity, would be loud enough to power a medium-sized city.

Hint Mr. Haley - a rainbow pass to Wallace for your 1st play call has some things in its favor!
If it's not a FB screen or a HB sweep with a FB leading Haley is outta here! :D

flippy
02-08-2012, 11:47 AM
Just cause we're ragging on Haley, doesn't mean we expect anything less than perfection out of him :)

The standard is the standard.

Unleash hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

feltdizz
02-08-2012, 11:51 AM
Just cause we're ragging on Haley, doesn't mean we expect anything less than perfection out of him :)

:Clap

frankthetank1
02-08-2012, 12:00 PM
i like the hire. there is no doubt about it the guy knows what he is doing as an OC. as long as he isnt a jerk and doesnt step on anyone toes i think it was a great move. i think he will be fine. he knows the steelers organization very well, i would doubt we would see a repeat of his past behavior

feltdizz
02-08-2012, 12:10 PM
i like the hire. there is no doubt about it the guy knows what he is doing as an OC. as long as he isnt a jerk and doesnt step on anyone toes i think it was a great move. i think he will be fine. he knows the steelers organization very well, i would doubt we would see a repeat of his past behavior

:Agree

I like the hire as well...

new eyes on an offense is a good thing.

fezziwig
02-08-2012, 12:16 PM
I like the thought of what will be Haleys first play call or first series of plays he will implement.

williar
02-08-2012, 12:19 PM
I think their is still a lot of shock resonating over many fans that it was indeed Haley. I think many thought it would be a more QB/Ben-friendly hire. Now, I'm not trying to insinuate that I know what Haley is about but I do see him as a strong personality with an offensive identity. I hope that translates into a Haley/system offense as opposed to a Ben offense which I have had enough of...

I think a lot of the apprehension that you are sensing is people are curious to how Ben and Haley are going to coexist. The reality is that Ben has had his run of the place for the past five or so years with Arians. Prior to Arians there was Whiz, who seems like a good mannered, reasonably tough coach who it has been rumored that Ben did not get along with and you figure in that Ben was young then. Ben is 30 yrs. now and frankly I am a little worried as to how Ben will respond when he has to withstand some tough coaching because lets be honest, do you really think Arians ever coached Ben.

I hope it works out but I am holding my breath. In any event, I am totally on the FO side. I think they should have made this change a couple of years ago but I understand why they didn't. As far as my opinion on Ben, his career is still being defined. I think he would be wise to understand that he could be the biggest beneficiary of these changes.

Dee Dub
02-08-2012, 12:49 PM
I dont get this thread?

I dont like the hire but as I have said I support the Steelers and am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. They are smarter me. And this happens to be my favorite team. Am I not allowed to do this? And by doing this I happen to have some agenda in case Haley fails?

That makes no sense. I guess we are suppose to agree with and love every decision the Steelers make? Otherwise we are Doom and Gloom fans?

:roll:

ramblinjim
02-08-2012, 01:10 PM

:Clap

:tt1 Love it!

feltdizz
02-08-2012, 01:30 PM
I dont get this thread?

And by doing this I happen to have some agenda in case Haley fails?

That makes no sense. I guess we are suppose to agree with and love every decision the Steelers make? Otherwise we are Doom and Gloom fans?

BINGO!!! I think people are talking about his attitude or not playing the game or quoting Neil Rackers so they can be the first to point it out when he falls short.

I'm not saying everyone has to agree with the hire but after 5 years of BA you would think the board would be doing back flips... I knew it wouldn't happen but I'm a little surprised at the reactions to this hire.

I could see if people were pointing to production or lack of in game adjustments but it's been nothing but soap opera gossip talk....

It also feels as though he is getting the "in spite of..." when talking about his resume.

These are just my opinions... it smells like the board won't give him a legit shot to prove himself.

I'm just glad the fans are willing to give him a chance :wink:

Dee Dub
02-08-2012, 02:03 PM
I dont get this thread?

BINGO!!! I think people are talking about his attitude or not playing the game or quoting Neil Rackers so they can be the first to point it out when he falls short.

I'm not saying everyone has to agree with the hire but after 5 years of BA you would think the board would be doing back flips... I knew it wouldn't happen but I'm a little surprised at the reactions to this hire.

I could see if people were pointing to production or lack of in game adjustments but it's been nothing but soap opera gossip talk....

It also feels as though he is getting the "in spite of..." when talking about his resume.

These are just my opinions... it smells like the board won't give him a legit shot to prove himself.

Ok folks..we see the real reason behind feltdizz post. :roll: Trying to call me out again and throw me under the bus. Sorry it doesnt work anymore felt. You have been trying for the past couple of years to get a rise out of me. You cant get me anymore. I have freedom from this in Jesus.

You either take what I say as or you twist it however you want. I dont care.

Peace

feltdizz
02-08-2012, 02:11 PM
I think their is still a lot of shock resonating over many fans that it was indeed Haley. I think many thought it would be a more QB/Ben-friendly hire. Now, I'm not trying to insinuate that I know what Haley is about but I do see him as a strong personality with an offensive identity. I hope that translates into a Haley/system offense as opposed to a Ben offense which I have had enough of...

I think a lot of the apprehension that you are sensing is people are curious to how Ben and Haley are going to coexist. The reality is that Ben has had his run of the place for the past five or so years with Arians. Prior to Arians there was Whiz, who seems like a good mannered, reasonably tough coach who it has been rumored that Ben did not get along with and you figure in that Ben was young then. Ben is 30 yrs. now and frankly I am a little worried as to how Ben will respond when he has to withstand some tough coaching because lets be honest, do you really think Arians ever coached Ben.

I hope it works out but I am holding my breath. In any event, I am totally on the FO side. I think they should have made this change a couple of years ago but I understand why they didn't. As far as my opinion on Ben, his career is still being defined. I think he would be wise to understand that he could be the biggest beneficiary of these changes.

Great points...

People said Ben needed a tough OC who would challenge him.... just wondering if that OC everyone described really existed in the first place.

feltdizz
02-08-2012, 02:19 PM
[quote="Dee Dub":2vjtl0fb]I dont get this thread?

Ok folks..we see the real reason behind feltdizz post. :roll: Trying to call me out again and throw me under the bus. Sorry it doesnt work anymore felt. You have been trying for the past couple of years to get a rise out of me. You cant get me anymore. I have freedom from this in Jesus.

Peace[/quote:2vjtl0fb]

You're so vain, you probably thought this post was about you, you're so vain... :shock:

Captain Lemming
02-09-2012, 11:33 PM
[quote="Dee Dub":lexwjqjr]I dont get this thread?

Peace

You're so vain, you probably thought this post was about you, you're so vain... :shock:[/quote:lexwjqjr]

Full Lyrics

"You come here to this message board
With strong opinions about the game
Now you see a thread started by Diz,
The topic is kind of lame

You keep saying you will ignore the dude
But you always seem to reply

Cause you, imagine his post is to bait you
Every post is to bait you, and

You're so vain
You probably think this thread is about you
You're so vain

I'll bet you think this thread is about you
Don't you? Don't you?" :)

feltdizz
02-10-2012, 12:18 AM
[quote=feltdizz][quote="Dee Dub":2v1ggc99]I dont get this thread?

Peace

You're so vain, you probably thought this post was about you, you're so vain... :shock:[/quote:2v1ggc99]

Full Lyrics

"You come here to this message board
With strong opinions about the game
Now you see a thread started by Diz,
The topic is kind of lame

Cause you, imagine his post is to bait you
Every post is to bait you, and

You're so vain
You probably think this thread is about you
You're so vain

I'll bet you think this thread is about you
Don't you? Don't you?" :)[/quote:2v1ggc99]
:Bow

Mister Pittsburgh
02-10-2012, 09:03 AM
Personally, I am pretty stoked with where we are at right now. If we can get the cap down where we can sign a FA ILB or FA OG/OT I would be more stoked.

I think Haley is going to be just what the doctor ordered with our offense.

feltdizz
02-10-2012, 10:24 AM
Personally, I am pretty stoked with where we are at right now. If we can get the cap down where we can sign a FA ILB or FA OG/OT I would be more stoked.

I think Haley is going to be just what the doctor ordered with our offense.

:Agree

Dee Dub
02-10-2012, 03:47 PM

Saying that I wont respond to threads where he uses profanity is not saying that I will ignore the dude.

Maybe you can work up a song for quoting people correctly? :idea:

Here's a song that I like...

There's not a Friend like the lowly Jesus:
No, not one! no, not one!
None else could heal all our souls' diseases:

Jesus knows all about our struggles;
He will guide 'til the day is done:
There's not a Friend like the lowly Jesus:

No friend like Him is so high and holy,
And yet no friend is so meek and lowly,

There's not an hour that He is not near us,
No night so dark, but His love can cheer us,

Did ever saint find this Friend forsake him?
Or sinner find that He would not take him?

Was e'er a gift like the Savior given?
Will He refuse us the bliss of heaven?

:Bow

feltdizz
02-10-2012, 04:01 PM
Anyone who watched Amateur night at the Apollo knows that the best way to avoid boos is to sing a bible hymn :stirpot

Dub, you can throw out Jesus as much as you want but it won't shield you from criticism on a Steeler Forum.

Dee Dub
02-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Anyone who watched Amateur night at the Apollo knows that the best way to avoid boos is to sing a bible hymn :stirpot

Dub, you can throw out Jesus as much as you want but it won't shield you from criticism on a Steeler Forum.

You really think that I am trying to avoid criticism when I talk about my Faith in Jesus?

Sorry you dont get it felt.

feltdizz
02-10-2012, 04:20 PM

You really think that I am trying to avoid criticism when I talk about my Faith in Jesus?

yep... nothing wrong with loving Jesus and I'm sure others love him on PS.

But uhhhh...This is a football forum, if you want to talk about religion there is a forum for that...

Do you have anything to add to my doom and gloom thread or not?

RuthlessBurgher
02-10-2012, 05:23 PM

But uhhhh...This is a football forum, if you want to talk about religion there is a forum for that...

I had a dream that the image of Jesus formed on the foam atop my capuccino.

Turns out it was just clouds in my coffee...clouds in my coffee... :P

Dee Dub
02-10-2012, 06:32 PM

See here is what I am talking about. That song I posted had nothing to do with you or any of your posts. It was directed towards Captain Lemming and the song that he made up about me. He shared a song and thus I shared one I liked. But you take it upon yourself to attack me. Like you always do. But it's ok felt. I was once shallow and empty inside and I had to hurt people to make myself feel good. I get it.

But I am free from that today. Maybe one day through the Grace of God you too will be free.

Mister Pittsburgh
02-10-2012, 07:04 PM
Here we go Steelers, here we go!!!! :tt2

feltdizz
02-10-2012, 07:19 PM
[quote=feltdizz]Anyone who watched Amateur night at the Apollo knows that the best way to avoid boos is to sing a bible hymn :stirpot

See here is what I am talking about. That song I posted had nothing to do with you or any of your posts. It was directed towards Captain Lemming and the song that he made up about me. He shared a song and thus I shared one I liked. But you take it upon yourself to attack me. Like you always do. But it's ok felt. I was once shallow and empty inside and I had to hurt people to make myself feel good. I get it.

But I am free from that today. Maybe one day through the Grace of God you too will be free.[/quote:2jjd9v02]
Telling someone they need the grace of God because of the way they post on a Steeler forum is offensive.

My relationship with God is none of your business.

Good Day!