PDA

View Full Version : Watching Brady struggle in the last minute...

TallyStiller
02-06-2012, 12:06 AM
Made me feel at least a little better about Ben's similar implosion with the ball, a short clock, and less than a TD deficit at the end of last year's SB. Brady is a guy who has put that drive together a time or two historically - but not so much in XLVI. Misery loves company, I suppose.

NW Steeler
02-06-2012, 02:43 AM
Brady's receivers did him no favors. That said, the Hail Mary at the end was inches away from being caught. That would have really sucked.

hawaiiansteel
02-06-2012, 02:54 AM
I had never seen Wes Welker drop a catchable pass before...

Oviedo
02-06-2012, 08:50 AM
Anytime Brady fails is a good day.

feltdizz
02-06-2012, 09:44 AM
I had never seen Wes Welker drop a catchable pass before...

that was a very hard "catchable" ball....

Throw was terrible.. I wish they would jump on Brady for that pass... he did Welker no favor's, the guy is 5'8"

Sugar
02-06-2012, 10:07 AM
Welker, Hernandez and Branch all dropped balls that they should have caught. Brady "struggled" as much as his boys just choked when the game was on the line.

grotonsteel
02-06-2012, 11:37 AM
So Steelers fans wants this dink and dunk offense which generates 17 points in SB??? :stirpot

And its just not one game. NE has struggled to put points in play offs maybe except against Denver Broncos.

I will take Steelers vertical offense any time any day over this putrid offense.

costanza2k1
02-06-2012, 11:43 AM
So Steelers fans wants this dink and dunk offense which generates 17 points in SB??? :stirpot

And its just not one game. NE has struggled to put points in play offs maybe except against Denver Broncos.

I will take Steelers vertical offense any time any day over this putrid offense.

Why not have a vertical game? A dink and dunk? A running game too? We have the weapons...what most of us strive for is TDs not FGs...

feltdizz
02-06-2012, 11:52 AM

Why not have a vertical game? A dink and dunk? A running game too? We have the weapons...what most of us strive for is TDs not FGs...

yep.. all I want is Ben to dink when he is about to take a sack or to counter the pressure.

But some on here do want us to copy other teams who we think are better because they blew out a few teams in the regular season or because they are the last team standing.

The Giants looked like us yesterday... yet when we do it we stink.

Oviedo
02-06-2012, 11:55 AM

I'll take the offense that wins the Super Bowl. Nothing against going vertical but I'll take a dink and dunk that wears out a defense and sets them up for a vertical attack versus trying to force a vertical attack and leaving yourself in bad down and distance situations like Arians and Ben were prone to do.

grotonsteel
02-06-2012, 12:01 PM

I would like Ben to dump more passes to TE and RBs.I would like to see a good running game. I would like to see more screens and play-action but for that to happen consistently i truely believe Steelers have to upgrade their O-line.

JAR
02-06-2012, 12:05 PM
http://i.imgur.com/AaPIX.jpg

costanza2k1
02-06-2012, 12:06 PM

I would like Ben to dump more passes to TE and RBs.I would like to see a good running game. I would like to see more screens and play-action but for that to happen consistently i truely believe Steelers have to upgrade their O-line.

If we can't upgrade the Oline then we should work with what we have and coordinate our offense accordingly. Get rid of the long WR routes and start using a short passing game to hide your weakness. It's not ideal but you have to work with what we have.

steelz09
02-06-2012, 12:14 PM

i want whatever offense will win us the SB. If that is a "dink and dunk" offense then so be it.

grotonsteel
02-06-2012, 12:32 PM

If we can't upgrade the Oline then we should work with what we have and coordinate our offense accordingly. Get rid of the long WR routes and start using a short passing game to hide your weakness. It's not ideal but you have to work with what we have.

And why can't we upgrade the O-line??? Yeah because steelers love to spend too much on Defense and make offense the punching bag for a Steelers loss.

Steelers don't have WRs who can beat press coverage consistently. Steelers don't have TEs who are quick and they definitely don't have a running game.

People say Tom Brady makes their O-line look good if that is the case why do Pats keep investing high draft picks on O-line? There have 3 O-linemen in their Top-10 salary cap. We can't say the same thing about steelers O-line can we?

Steelers best two O-linemen are drafted in first 2 Rds. That should be a clue to Steelers FO.

steelz09
02-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Brady is excellent at reading defenses and getting rid of the ball.

But your right, they have a much better o-line. We have more weapons though. As much as I hate Brady & Co.... that guy makes the most out of the talent that he is given around him.

Welker and 2 TE's and the guy puts up 30+ points almost every game. They don't have a real talented RB and they don't have a single deep threat. Brady makes average talent, pro bowlers.

We have speed, speed and more speed. We have a lot of talent at WR. Our slowest guy is Hines and he is still good in the slot. We have a talented TE. We have 2 good (not great) RBs. With all our "skill position" talent, how many times did we score over 30 points this year?

grotonsteel
02-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Brady is excellent at reading defenses and getting rid of the ball.

But your right, they have a much better o-line. We have more weapons though. As much as I hate Brady & Co.... that guy makes the most out of the talent that he is given around him.

Welker and 2 TE's and the guy puts up 30+ points almost every game. They don't have a real talented RB and they don't have a single deep threat. Brady makes average talent, pro bowlers.

We have speed, speed and more speed. We have a lot of talent at WR. Our slowest guy is Hines and he is still good in the slot. We have a talented TE. We have 2 good (not great) RBs. With all our "skill position" talent, how many times did we score over 30 points this year?

And how many times Tom Brady has put 30 points in the playoffs?

Steelers under Ben has always scored more than 20 points in Play Off games. Brady can't say that.

Once NE got caught cheating Brady has struugled in Playoffs. He does not have a single game-winning TD in SB. For past 2-3 season they could not win a single game.

I believe Steelers seriously over-value talent on skill position. We have a WR who can run only one route. One WR who is always injured. One WR who is so slow that whenever he is in the game opp D knows its going to be a RUN.A TE who has to be kept on LOS to block and a RB who can barely touch 4.0 YPC.

It all starts in trenches and Steelers need to get big and strong there. You can't go into season with J Scott as starting LT.

Ben QB rating is over 100 when he has Starks at LT and a healthy Pouncey under center.

RuthlessBurgher
02-06-2012, 01:30 PM
Steelers under Ben has always scored more than 20 points in Play Off games. Brady can't say that.

Once NE got caught cheating Brady has struugled in Playoffs. He does not have a single game-winning TD in SB. For past 2-3 season they could not win a single game.

In Brady's 8 post-SpyGate playoff games, New England has a 4-4 record.

They beat Jacksonville and San Diego to advance to the Super Bowl in the 18-1* season (scoring 31 and 21 points, respectively) and beat the Broncos and Ravens in the playoffs this year (scoring 45 and 23 points, respectively).

In their post-SpyGate playoff losses, they scored under 20 three times and 21 in the other loss (scored 14 and 17 in the two Super Bowl losses to the Giants, scored 14 in a one-and-done playoff loss to Baltimore 2 years ago, and scored 21 in a one-and-done playoff loss to the Jets last season).

phillyesq
02-07-2012, 10:03 AM

Yup. Balance would be nice.

phillyesq
02-07-2012, 10:05 AM
Welker, Hernandez and Branch all dropped balls that they should have caught. Brady "struggled" as much as his boys just choked when the game was on the line.

This was a mixed effort between Brady and the receivers.

The throw to Welker wasn't particularly good, but it was a catch Welker usually makes. In past seasons, I've seen Brady make exceptional throws. He didn't seem to have quite the accuracy this year. But he also had a stretch where he completed something like 16 consecutive passes in the SB.

Sword
02-07-2012, 11:30 AM
They struggled just like we did.....

was I missing something or was it the receivers who struggled not Brady?

Sword

StarSpangledSteeler
02-07-2012, 12:09 PM
http://i.imgur.com/AaPIX.jpg

What a fantastic photo! Please keep that in your sig.

feltdizz
02-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Brady struggled this post season... and he has struggled since Spygate.

I think a big reason he is struggling is because Billicheat is so hell bent on being this mad genius and he refuses to draft WR's with talent.

He keeps thinking he can plug in anyone and have success.. while it may work during the season when he they played better teams they were exposed.

Let's be honest here.... the Raven's were one foot down from beating these guys and needed a shanked extra point to get to the SB.

I'm pretty sure if we didn't play the worst D ever vs Tebow and company we would have defeated the Pats.