hawaiiansteel
02-05-2012, 09:02 PM
the first half certainly was...

costanza2k1
02-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Yeah no doubt this is painful....

feltdizz
02-05-2012, 11:03 PM
Last 4 minutes were good but this is what dink and dunk ball control football looks like.

Do we really want an offense like the Giants? It looks real similar to what we do..

DukieBoy
02-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Last 4 minutes were good but this is what dink and dunk ball control football looks like.

Do we really want an offense like the Giants? It looks real similar to what we do..

They run the ball with conviction. I think they used the run well in this game, complemented Eli's 30 for 4 and about 300 yds.

The Pats D is a mess.

SteelBucks
02-05-2012, 11:17 PM
Any game the Pats lose is a great game.

Iron Shiek
02-05-2012, 11:17 PM
Yeah you guys mustve watched the pro bowl last week.

papillon
02-06-2012, 12:07 AM
I enjoyed this game thoroughly, the defense actually had a say in the outcome of the game and the offenses had success, they just didn't run up 500 yards offense. It was a well played game, one turnover, some TDs, some FGs, very few penalties, what wasn't there to like?

I guess if you need 500 yards of offense by each team, well, then, yea it was boring.

Pappy

fordfixer
02-06-2012, 12:42 AM
I enjoyed this game thoroughly, the defense actually had a say in the outcome of the game and the offenses had success, they just didn't run up 500 yards offense. It was a well played game, one turnover, some TDs, some FGs, very few penalties, what wasn't there to like?

I guess if you need 500 yards of offense by each team, well, then, yea it was boring.

Pappy
:Agree

Starlifter
02-06-2012, 01:04 AM
I thought it was a good game. solid play by both sides, few mistakes and the ones that were made were fairly critical. drama at the end and the last 8 minutes were dang exciting.

I know everyone loves 45-43, but I'm glad to see defense is still relevant.

Chadman
02-06-2012, 01:10 AM
Enjoyed it. Thought both teams played hard, but the Giants played harder.

Found 2 Patriots Chadman would like at the Steelers too- Spikes & Chung.

What did Chadman notice in this game? Good teams have an OL that can create consistant running games. And having Defensive players that are big & athletic & play with intensity take a team a long way. It took all game, but in the second part of the 4th quarter, the Giants DL started to dominate- and it was just a matter of time from that point.

Oh- and having a 'blocking FB' is overated.

Starlifter
02-06-2012, 02:14 AM
what was really interesting to me - was how the giants were able to use the 4 down linemen of the 4-3 to get good pressure. i'm not ready to bail on our 3-4 scheme, but it sure was something to see them not only get pressure with just 4, but having 7 in the back to take away all of marcia's lanes.

NW Steeler
02-06-2012, 02:35 AM
I think most of the game was boring myself. The end was good, the long pass by Manning was nails. But I did say during the game that I don't remember watching a SB where the teams looked very un-super, as they did in this one. Almost every SB had a HUGE play in it. This one literally had nothing. At least NE lost.

hawaiiansteel
02-06-2012, 02:40 AM
Any game the Pats lose is a great game.

:Agree

I wasn't looking forward to all of the articles and talking heads on tv discuss how Brady and Belicheat were the greatest QB/Head Coach combo in the history of football if the Pats* had won this game.

mazze
02-06-2012, 07:20 AM
Rooting for either of those teams makes me feel dirty, but that was a solid football game.

flippy
02-06-2012, 08:45 AM
I enjoyed the game. But the one thing I don't like is it's too easy to complete passes. And now every game comes down to last possession.

The NFL is now the NBA.

papillon
02-06-2012, 10:05 AM
I think most of the game was boring myself. The end was good, the long pass by Manning was nails. But I did say during the game that I don't remember watching a SB where the teams looked very un-super, as they did in this one. Almost every SB had a HUGE play in it. This one literally had nothing. At least NE lost.

There were very few big plays, because teams are very good football teams. This game reminded me of the 70s Steelers, a big play to set up or win the game and a lot very good play in between. It's unfortunate that a well played, physical, but low scoring football game isn't what fans want to see. I watched the entire game, I would have turned off a 41-38 the winner is the last team with the ball game.

The Giants defense actually won the game by stopping the New England offense, rather than an offense winning the game late, it was great, sorry you didn't enjoy it.

Pappy

feltdizz
02-06-2012, 10:55 AM

There were very few big plays, because teams are very good football teams. This game reminded me of the 70s Steelers, a big play to set up or win the game and a lot very good play in between. It's unfortunate that a well played, physical, but low scoring football game isn't what fans want to see. I watched the entire game, I would have turned off a 41-38 the winner is the last team with the ball game.

The Giants defense actually won the game by stopping the New England offense, rather than an offense winning the game late, it was great, sorry you didn't enjoy it.

Pappy

nah.... that was pretty boring football.

aggiebones
02-06-2012, 11:13 AM
If you find that game boring, watch another sport because you aren't a football fan.

I love the fact that good defenses still can win in the NFL. Good defense still beats a good offense.

Giants beat GB and N.O. and Pats in successive weeks. Giants aren't likely the BEST defense, but they are darn good. It shows that if you keep your defense in the top 4-6 every year, you have a good chance if you also have a solid offense.
Heck even SF made a helluva run with an old school roster mentality. Run on offense with ball control and play sound D.

feltdizz
02-06-2012, 11:19 AM
If you find that game boring, watch another sport because you aren't a football fan.

I love the fact that good defenses still can win in the NFL. Good defense still beats a good offense.

Giants beat GB and N.O. and Pats in successive weeks. Giants aren't likely the BEST defense, but they are darn good. It shows that if you keep your defense in the top 4-6 every year, you have a good chance if you also have a solid offense.
Heck even SF made a helluva run with an old school roster mentality. Run on offense with ball control and play sound D.

why do I have to watch another sport if I thought this game was boring? Some games are entertaining, some are not... I didn't find this one to be all that great.

The Giants SF game was ball control and it was exciting. This was not.. IMO.

RuthlessBurgher
02-06-2012, 11:42 AM
Most boring Super Bowl? Really? We are talking about a game that goes down to the wire with a hail mary pass that could potentially win the game with no time on the clock...seriously?

You guys must forget the late 80's where the scores were we had 5 blowouts in a row (38-9, 38-16, 46-10, 39-20, 42-10), plus, in the early 90's, we had the Niners obliterating the Broncos and Chargers (55-10, 49-26), which were sandwiched around the Cowboys blowing out the Bills twice (52-17, 30-13).

Close games in that era, like Montana to Taylor to beat Cincy, or Scott Norwood's wide right resulting in the Bills first Super Bowl loss to the Giants, were few and far between. I think we are now spoiled by having close games in Super Bowls over the last decade or so, when these games used to be decided by halftime more often than not.

NW Steeler
02-06-2012, 11:52 AM
I'm in a better mood this morning. Actually the game wasn't as bad as I thought it was, and at least it was competitive. I think I was just cranky because the Steelers weren't in it. Thank God we weren't watching the Ravens yesterday.

feltdizz
02-06-2012, 11:54 AM
Most boring Super Bowl? Really? We are talking about a game that goes down to the wire with a hail mary pass that could potentially win the game with no time on the clock...seriously?

You guys must forget the late 80's where the scores were we had 5 blowouts in a row (38-9, 38-16, 46-10, 39-20, 42-10), plus, in the early 90's, we had the Niners obliterating the Broncos and Chargers (55-10, 49-26), which were sandwiched around the Cowboys blowing out the Bills twice (52-17, 30-13).

Close games in that era, like Montana to Taylor to beat Cincy, or Scott Norwood's wide right resulting in the Bills first Super Bowl loss to the Giants, were few and far between. I think we are now spoiled by having close games in Super Bowls over the last decade or so, when these games used to be decided by halftime more often than not.

to be fair it was posted around half time... I don't think it's the most boring ever but it was a snoozer for about 40 minutes.

I appreciate that it was close but there were a ton of forgettable plays....

hawaiiansteel
02-06-2012, 11:35 PM
this guy loved the way the Super Bowl started off... :Cheers

Man wins $50,000 on Tom Brady’s safety

By Maggie Hendricks | Shutdown Corner

A safety is a rare play in any game, but for it to happen in the Super Bowl as the first score of the game? No one would expect that to happen. No one would lay a bet on something so unlikely, right?

Wrong. Jona Rechnitz bet $1,000 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas that the first score of the game would be a Giants safety. With 50-to-1 odds on such an unlikely score, Rechnitz is walking away from Las Vegas with a $50,000 pay day.

The safety came when New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was flagged for intentional grounding from his own end zone, giving the New York Giants two points.

Brady's lapse in judgment started the game off on the wrong foot for New England, and gave Rechnitz a cool $50K. Do you think he'll send Brady a thank you note?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 56494.html (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/man-wins-50-000-tom-brady-safety-155056494.html)