PDA

View Full Version : New 2012 NFL Mock Draft

DFlo
02-05-2012, 06:31 PM
Hey guys, I've updated my mock draft for the end of the season/pre-combine.

You can check it out here: http://www.footballdraftnotebook.com/MockDraft2012.html

Let me know what you think. Would love to hear your feedback!

hawaiiansteel
02-05-2012, 07:04 PM
I think most posters on this board and Steelers fans in general would approve of this selection: :tt2

http://www.footballdraftnotebook.com/image/th_Pittsburgh_Steelers-png32.png

24. Cordy Glenn - OG - Georgia - 6'5'' 346lbs

The Steelers could use an upgrade at OG and a lineman like Cordy Glenn fits the mold for their offensive line. In 2010 the Steelers were able to land Maurkice Pouncey to be their franchise C, and now they add another talented interior lineman to team up with Pouncey for the future. Cordy Glenn is a mammoth interior lineman that has great natural athleticism and anchor strength. He more than held his own at LT at the Senior Bowl, showing scouts that he could also play RT in the NFL. The Steelers are an elite team when they can protect Big Ben and run the ball effectively, so look for them to continue to invest in their O-line and a talent like Cordy Glenn will add stability to their interior Oline.

http://www.footballdraftnotebook.com/Mo ... t%202.html (http://www.footballdraftnotebook.com/MockDraft2012-Part%202.html)

pfelix73
02-05-2012, 11:03 PM
Nah, don't like it. We have greater needs for a 1st rounder. We need playmakers on D. Hightower.....

Did I say Hightower?

:tt1

Steel Life
02-05-2012, 11:06 PM
Poe.

NW Steeler
02-06-2012, 02:38 AM
Oline. Oline. Oline.

hawaiiansteel
02-06-2012, 02:59 AM
Oline. Oline. Oline.

:Agree

2 OGs and 1 OT so we can re-establish our running game and so Ben doesn't get killed.

Oviedo
02-06-2012, 08:49 AM
Oline. Oline. Oline.

:Agree

2 OGs and 1 OT so we can re-establish our running game and so Ben doesn't get killed.

:Agree :Agree

I think we need to get one each OG and OT. We do still need to get a NT but more and more that is becoming a two down position because of all the passing. I'm not sure you use a Round 1 pick on a two down player.

DFlo
02-17-2012, 11:24 AM
I think OL is the biggest need, although NT was right up there. I was considering Poe but I remember reading that Tomlin didn't necessarily want a massive NT

Oviedo
02-17-2012, 11:56 AM
I think OL is the biggest need, although NT was right up there. I was considering Poe but I remember reading that Tomlin didn't necessarily want a massive NT

Of course he doesn't want a massive NT. it doesn't fit the type of DL he wants when we switch to the 4-3 after LeBeau finally leaves. :stirpot

phillyesq
02-17-2012, 02:25 PM
Nah, don't like it. We have greater needs for a 1st rounder. We need playmakers on D. Hightower.....

Did I say Hightower?

:tt1

As long as they get the best player at a position of need, I'm fine with OL, DL or even ILB in the first.

If Glenn ends up being a pro bowl level OG for the next decade, I think we'd all be pretty pleased to have him.

Shoe
02-18-2012, 02:48 PM
I'm all for an O-lineman, but I'm not so sure a guy like Cordy Glenn is quite what I'd want.

More than anything, I think our o-line is in-need of an injection of quickness--quick-mindedness to be exact. We have had linemen recently who, you almost felt like you could hear the wheels in their heads would grind to a halt, when faced with anything unexpected (e.g. a twist or stunt). We also have had guys who don't seem to have the leadership (i.e. work ethic) that you would desire. (Even Pouncey, I've gotta admit, has disappointed in this regard, with his small off-field trifles that have come up.)

Anyway, I don't know that Cordy Glenn fills any of those bills. I'm guessing he's physically a big, strong guy... but so were Kemo, Starks, Ramon Foster, etc... the list can go on and on.

What I'm looking for is a tough, smart, LEADER in the interior. A guy like Faneca, for example. He was a leader by example. A guy that is known as "a football player". Not because he's physically "gifted".

RuthlessBurgher
02-18-2012, 05:33 PM
I'm all for an O-lineman, but I'm not so sure a guy like Cordy Glenn is quite what I'd want.

More than anything, I think our o-line is in-need of an injection of quickness--quick-mindedness to be exact. We have had linemen recently who, you almost felt like you could hear the wheels in their heads would grind to a halt, when faced with anything unexpected (e.g. a twist or stunt). We also have had guys who don't seem to have the leadership (i.e. work ethic) that you would desire. (Even Pouncey, I've gotta admit, has disappointed in this regard, with his small off-field trifles that have come up.)

Anyway, I don't know that Cordy Glenn fills any of those bills. I'm guessing he's physically a big, strong guy... but so were Kemo, Starks, Ramon Foster, etc... the list can go on and on.

What I'm looking for is a tough, smart, LEADER in the interior. A guy like Faneca, for example. He was a leader by example. A guy that is known as "a football player". Not because he's physically "gifted".

"You want to trade up for me..."

http://arrowheadaddict.com/files/2012/01/1-David-DeCastro1.jpg