PDA

View Full Version : Steeler OC Done Deal *MISLEADING TITLE ALERT*

Keyplay1
02-03-2012, 10:49 AM
With the GB signing of Tom Clements finally official now almost everyone will concede the job to Randy Fichtner. And you know, even though I was 100% with the TC group I am relieved and glad. I truly believe this is best for the Steelers now.

However, since it is not finalized yet, I still have some doubts. As of
Friday 9:20am Feb 3 2012 I have narrowed the search down to two candidates. Randy Fichtner and Jane Ubb.

JU, you might recall, was one of the Steeler fans interviewed in Gene Colliers hilarious article "How to Find a New Bruce Arians".

I'm only bringing this back up because while I was checking out some other boards I saw quite a few posts that took this article the wrong way I thought. Some viewed it as a slam on the Steelers and supportive of BA. Which it was really neither. Anyway, this was not the case on this board. Maybe the author should have simply titled the story "How to find another OC"

Since it is down to nitty gritty time on this matter, I will go out on a limb and say the Steelers will appoint Fichtner the OC sometime next week. My reason is the Steelers will keep it simple. The last few candidates are very experienced and qualified. But, possibly too qualified. The Steelers will opt for the easy smooth transition to RF.

Sorry Jane, a tough call but it had to be made. But hey! The QB coaching job is now open------???

steelblood
02-03-2012, 01:01 PM
I dislike the misleading thread titles.

It may well be Fichtner. But, I think the Steelers are still considering other folks and may be waiting to interview someone until after the Super Bowl.

Shawn
02-03-2012, 01:19 PM
I dislike the misleading thread titles.

It may well be Fichtner. But, I think the Steelers are still considering other folks and may be waiting to interview someone until after the Super Bowl.

Agreed.

RuthlessBurgher
02-03-2012, 01:29 PM
Fixed. :wink:

focosteeler
02-03-2012, 01:32 PM
Fixed. :wink:
:Clap

Keyplay1
02-03-2012, 03:48 PM
Should have said done deal I"ll bet, or put a ?? mark or two after the title. Sorry about that. I don't like to have to waste time on misleading or ambiguous topic titles either. Frankly, it is so well known that the Steelers have not made any conclusive decisions yet that I did not think anyone would take the title as a fact.

However, I did expect at least one or two votes for Jane Ubb. She did outline some positive plans to insure the Steelers future success.