PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning...yikes

JTP53609
02-03-2012, 08:31 AM
Does anyone else find it ridiculous that Peyton Manning has spent the last week talking about HIS health and HIS rehab and HIS status for next year and then yesterday HE was medically cleared, all of this during his little brothers time in the spotlight.

I am not a Peyton Manning basher, I think he is one of the best of all time and I actually kind of like the guy, but I find it kind of jerky that all this news about him is coming out this week during the super bowl. This is the time for the teams and players playing in the game to get the attention they deserve, not share it with someone who did not play.

Slapstick
02-03-2012, 08:44 AM
Actually, Eli is probably glad to have the media scrutiny off of him and on his brother instead...it may have been a calculated move...

rockonsteel
02-03-2012, 08:50 AM
Does anyone else find it ridiculous that Peyton Manning has spent the last week talking about HIS health and HIS rehab and HIS status for next year and then yesterday HE was medically cleared, all of this during his little brothers time in the spotlight.

I am not a Peyton Manning basher, I think he is one of the best of all time and I actually kind of like the guy, but I find it kind of jerky that all this news about him is coming out this week during the super bowl. This is the time for the teams and players playing in the game to get the attention they deserve, not share it with someone who did not play.

Greenberg on Mike and Mike this morning made a great point that I think pretty much sums it up. The fact that the game is being played in Peyton's house, combined with the questions surrounding his health and future , are combining to make this story front and center this week.

Also the whole, little brother can pass big bro in SB wins is a factor as well, IMO. Peyton is merely answering questions when mics are being shoves in his face.

I think if this game was being played in New Orleans, I don't think we'd be be hearing nearly as much about this. I agree wholeheartedly with him and this and I think he nailed it.

Rockon

feltdizz
02-03-2012, 09:25 AM
I could have sworn I saw a NFL ticker that said Peyton was medically cleared by doctors and could play this week...

It was oddly worded but it weaved Peyton into the SB mix..

Slapstick
02-03-2012, 09:27 AM

Greenberg on Mike and Mike this morning made a great point that I think pretty much sums it up. The fact that the game is being played in Peyton's house, combined with the questions surrounding his health and future , are combining to make this story front and center this week.

Also the whole, little brother can pass big bro in SB wins is a factor as well, IMO. Peyton is merely answering questions when mics are being shoves in his face.

I think if this game was being played in New Orleans, I don't think we'd be be hearing nearly as much about this. I agree wholeheartedly with him and this and I think he nailed it.

Rockon

Considering New Orleans is Peyton's (and Eli's) hometown, perhaps not! :lol:

rockonsteel
02-03-2012, 09:46 AM

Rockon

Considering New Orleans is Peyton's (and Eli's) hometown, perhaps not! :lol:

Touche'. Poor choice of an alternate site on my part....let's say Phoenix instead... :lol:

Rockon

Mister Pittsburgh
02-03-2012, 10:04 AM
I think Peyton Manning has 28 million reasons to be on his soapbox right now. I don't think it is 'taking away from little bro's spotlight' either.

JTP53609
02-03-2012, 10:44 AM
I just find it a little over the top that all of this news about his health is coming out this week, rather than next week or the week after. Heck, I dont even watch ESPN or any other news outlet, when I am at work I have the espn webpage up and all week peyton manning is the lead story over the super bowl.

I understand the media will blow things up and make a big deal about stories that mean nothing and I get why they are talking about Peyton with the super bowl being in his house and all, but he has not been this open about his health all season long and it just so happens that we are hearing more about his status now than we have all season, and why do the colts have to talk about how he is cleared to play and all that crap right now. Wait until after the super bowl to talk about his health.

It is like proposing to your girlfriend in the middle of the first dance at a wedding ceremony between the husband and wife...

SteelCrazy
02-03-2012, 11:21 AM
Anytime a big story comes out during the SB it is perceived as a calculated pr move. Sometimes these stories have no choice. I can think of 28 reasons not to delay this story.

feltdizz
02-03-2012, 11:22 AM
I just find it a little over the top that all of this news about his health is coming out this week, rather than next week or the week after. Heck, I dont even watch ESPN or any other news outlet, when I am at work I have the espn webpage up and all week peyton manning is the lead story over the super bowl.

I understand the media will blow things up and make a big deal about stories that mean nothing and I get why they are talking about Peyton with the super bowl being in his house and all, but he has not been this open about his health all season long and it just so happens that we are hearing more about his status now than we have all season, and why do the colts have to talk about how he is cleared to play and all that crap right now. Wait until after the super bowl to talk about his health.

It is like proposing to your girlfriend in the middle of the first dance at a wedding ceremony between the husband and wife...

LOL... Peyton needs a job.

I blame NE and NYG for not having any real drama for us to talk about.

Shoe
02-03-2012, 10:29 PM
Yes, I think you are being a little sensitive. If this game was't in Peyton's "house", I'm confident that it wouldn't be the big issue that it is (you are right about that). The SB is in Indianapolis. Peyton Manning is a Indianapolis ICON, with a serious issue (as far as playing-wise) that is still open for debate. I can see why it's a big story.