PDA

View Full Version : Would anyone here sign him if possible?

SS Laser
02-02-2012, 03:09 AM
Took a year off. Might be a head case? Can he replace Farrior or Foote?

Dolphins | Channing Crowder criticizes Jeff Ireland
Wed, 01 Feb 2012 17:56:05 -0800

Retired LB Channing Crowder (Dolphins) said Wednesday, Feb. 1, that he plans to return to football in 2012 after a one-year hiatus. He abruptly retired in Aug. 2011, and said he wouldn't return to the Miami Dolphins, citing a disdain for general manager Jeff Ireland. "I wouldn't go on a team with Jeff Ireland. I'm not very confident in him," Crowder said. "He doesn't know what he's doing in my opinion. He's not a good person. He has no class, and I wouldn't choose to go back and play there. And I would have to say it's the only team I don't want to play for."
0 Comments | Share: | Source: NFL.com
Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz1lCosRZhs

http://www.nfl.com/player/channingcrowd ... 09/profile (http://www.nfl.com/player/channingcrowder/2506409/profile)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Channing_Crowder

hawaiiansteel
02-02-2012, 03:57 AM
no thanks, Channing Crowder sounds like too big of a head case for my liking...

http://cippinonsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/crowder.jpg

7 UP
02-02-2012, 08:11 AM
Ill say no. The free agent LB I want is the Browns D'Quell Jackson. I think he would be great next to Timmons.

fezziwig
02-02-2012, 01:12 PM
No.......I don't know if he is right with his opinion or not but, a team doesn't need a player that thinks he knows more than the men cutting his check. At least, keep those type of opinions to yourself.

Dee Dub
02-02-2012, 01:29 PM
I wouldnt mind kicking the tires on Crowder. I too like D'Quell Jackson but E.J.Henderson is also a free agent and he played for Tomlin before.

Shawn
02-02-2012, 02:10 PM
I wouldnt mind kicking the tires on Crowder. I too like D'Quell Jackson but E.J.Henderson is also a free agent and he played for Tomlin before.

Agreed, I would be willing to bring him in for a look, do some psych testing, and then let him meet players. If all went well, I would be ok with it.

BradshawsHairdresser
02-02-2012, 02:15 PM
Hard for me to understand why anyone would quit playing just because they don't like the GM. Seems like there must be something more to this story.

And if it's that easy to get him to quit on Miami, what might cause him to quit in Pittsburgh?
There are things in a player's past that you can choose to overlook, but quitting? That doesn't seem like something you could take lightly. I mean, c'mon Dub, you were all over Pouncey for not playing when he was sick and when he had a high ankle sprain...but this guy quits because the GM hurt his feelings, and you're willing to give him a pass?

RuthlessBurgher
02-02-2012, 02:23 PM
Hard for me to understand why anyone would quit playing just because they don't like the GM. Seems like there must be something more to this story.

And if it's that easy to get him to quit on Miami, what might cause him to quit in Pittsburgh?
There are things in a player's past that you can choose to overlook, but quitting? That doesn't seem like something you could take lightly. I mean, c'mon Dub, you were all over Pouncey for not playing when he was sick and when he had a high ankle sprain...but this guy quits because the GM hurt his feelings, and you're willing to give him a pass?

Hurt feelings is worse than a tummyache... :wink:

phillyesq
02-02-2012, 03:59 PM

Is Henderson any good? I don't see much of the Vikings, but there is nothing to make me think that he'd be an appreciable upgrade over Larry Foote or James Farrior.

Dee Dub
02-02-2012, 04:11 PM

I guess you guys didnt see my comment about kicking the tires?

Dee Dub
02-02-2012, 04:21 PM

Is Henderson any good? I don't see much of the Vikings, but there is nothing to make me think that he'd be an appreciable upgrade over Larry Foote or James Farrior.

phillyesq, would I be bringing him up if he wasnt any good? Common Man!

Henderson is 5 years younger than Farrior, and cutting Farrior would save the team $2.8 million. And cutting Foote is another $3 million dollar savings.

Henderson is one of the better ILB in the league. And he "could" come at a descent price since he will turn 32 next year.

Shawn
02-02-2012, 04:59 PM

I suspect that Crowder is an immature kid, who needs a strong male figure in his life to grow him up a bit in the ways of professionalism. A guy like Farrior could be that kind of mentor.

BigRob
02-02-2012, 05:02 PM
Everyone is forgetting one thing. The Kid F#*%@(*#ING sucks!. Take a look at his career.

BradshawsHairdresser
02-02-2012, 05:27 PM

I guess you guys didnt see my comment about kicking the tires?

He's a quitter...the tires are flat... :lol:

NJ-STEELER
02-04-2012, 11:13 AM
i'd take a look at bradie james as well