PDA

View Full Version : Jerry O to interview with TB

costanza2k1
01-31-2012, 12:35 PM
Steelers Digest @SteelersDigest

Steelers give permission to TB to interview def. asst. Jerry Olsavsky; to Indy & Chi to interview off. asst. Harold Goodwin.
https://twitter.com/#!/SteelersDigest/s ... 2361771009 (https://twitter.com/#!/SteelersDigest/status/164381952361771009)

phillyesq
01-31-2012, 01:11 PM
My immediate reaction was hoping that the Steelers were able to retain Olsavsky. My second reaction was wondering "who is Harold Goodwin?"

From the Steelers website:

Biography
Harold Goodwin is in his fifth season with the Steelers as the teamís offensive assistant.

In his position, Goodwin helps coach the offensive line and assists the offensive coaching staff with game preparation, video analysis and scouting of opponents.

fordfixer
01-31-2012, 03:26 PM
My immediate reaction was hoping that the Steelers were able to retain Olsavsky. My second reaction was wondering "who is Harold Goodwin?"

From the Steelers website:

Biography
Harold Goodwin is in his fifth season with the Steelers as the teamís offensive assistant.

In his position, Goodwin helps coach the offensive line and assists the offensive coaching staff with game preparation, video analysis and scouting of opponents.
Me too

phillyesq
02-01-2012, 03:32 PM
From the PG:

Gerry: Could Olsavsky be next to leave? Wednesday, 01 February 2012 13:36 Written by Gerry Dulac The Steelers are faced with the possibility of losing another young coach from Mike Tomlinís staff.

Defensive assistant Jerry Olsavky is interviewing with the Miami Dolphins to become linebackers coach Ė a move that was likely precipitated when linebackers coach Keith Butler turned down an opportunity to become defensive coordinator in Indianapolis.

Olsavsky, who played from 1989-1997 with the Steelers, would have been in position to become linebackers coach if Butler decided to leave.

The Steelers already lost one of the young assistants from their staff when Harold Goodwin, an assistant offensive line coach, left to become offensive line coach with the Colts.