PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl Strategy

pick6
01-30-2012, 10:34 PM
Ok, for those of us who despise the cheats and recognize the frauds that they are, how do you think NYG should go about the noble task of saving football as we know it from the scourge of endless bloviating and verbal fellatio from media pundits that would no doubt be the cost of a cheatriots win.

I say come out passing, followed by more passing. It's important to pass on first down against the cheats. Show every formation and pass from it. This is what you do against weak defenses. Go away from there best quality which at times has been to stop the run. What you want to do is stay unpredictable. You don't want that terrible defense to be able to key in on what you are doing. They lack the ability to read, react, and stop what an offense is doing if they can't guess from down and distance or formation clues. They are a team that needs to know what you are about to do in order to have any degree of success. They will also need 3 turnovers so protect the ball and/or through it away.

Then bill will be forced to blitz. Then hit Bradshaw on the screen or fake blitz pick up then hit him in the flat. He will have room to roam and break their tackle attempts. If the pick up the blitz then it should be a TD, huge gain, or pas interference. Im not saying don't run, but the pass should set up the run. They want to stay in down and distance situations were it is conceivable that they could run or pass.

First downs on offense will be their best defense. Will have more on Defense later. What do you guys think they should do? How to beat the cheats?

Shoe
01-30-2012, 10:55 PM
What you want to do is keep Tom Brady* off the field. Anyone who's watched him all these years beat (cheat*) us knows this guy burns with a passion. He wants to stick it to the Giants for spoiling that undefeated season. Get in a shootout type game with him, and I don't like the NYG chances (or anybody's frankly, in this situation).

I would look to control the ball with high percentage passing and timely running. Defensively (having said what I said), I think the Pats* will look to run the ball more than they might, to keep that pass-rush off Brady*... then hope to put the ball in his hands in the 4th with the game in the balance. (I think they are playing for a close game here.)

papillon
01-31-2012, 07:32 AM
The Giants front 4 will win or lose this game for the Giants. If they can get pressure (particularly up the middle) on Brady the secondary will be able to cover long enough to make it difficult for Brady. If the Patriots get the front 4 blocked without keeping backs and TEs in to help it will be a long day.

The rest will fall into place for the Giants, Manning will be able to put points on the board for the Giants, but he won't win a shoot out.

Pappy

feltdizz
01-31-2012, 09:35 AM
The Giants front 4 will win or lose this game for the Giants. If they can get pressure (particularly up the middle) on Brady the secondary will be able to cover long enough to make it difficult for Brady. If the Patriots get the front 4 blocked without keeping backs and TEs in to help it will be a long day.

The rest will fall into place for the Giants, Manning will be able to put points on the board for the Giants, but he won't win a shoot out.

Pappy

Eli can win a shootout against this Pats D with WR's like Nicks and Cruz....

I wouldn't be surprised if they put up 30+ on the Pats.

BradshawsHairdresser
01-31-2012, 10:10 AM
There's no way it will happen, but wouldn't it be hilarious if the Giants shut out Marcia and Co.?

Hope the Giants are smart enough to have changed up their signals and audibles since the last time they played the Cheats. You can bet Ernie has compiled a list for the *'s players.

Ernie = the true "genius" behind the Pasterisk's success.

RuthlessBurgher
01-31-2012, 02:43 PM
In order to beat New England, you need to take advantage of their weaknesses in the secondary (they are resorting once again to using wideouts as corners), and the fact that Brady isn't quite the same guy when he gets hit play after play after play.

Well, what are the Giants' primary strengths? They can air it out to the likes of Nicks, Cruz, Manningham, etc., and they can rush the passer with reckless abandon with the likes of Pierre-Paul, Tuck, Umeniyora, etc. Perfect.

Add in the fact that Brady's favorite toy is likely gimpy with a high ankle sprain, and I foresee a NYG victory Sunday night.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-31-2012, 11:37 PM
I will vomit until I look like a potato chip if the *s win.

That is all!