pittpete
01-30-2012, 09:06 PM
http://mauivents.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/MAUIVENTS.jpg

hawaiiansteel
01-30-2012, 09:06 PM
thanks for posting, that's the best news I've heard all day! :Cheers :tt2 :tt2

steelfin
01-30-2012, 09:18 PM
That is great news!!! I would hate to see all that knowledge of the DL 3-4 leaving the organization.

RuthlessBurgher
01-30-2012, 09:37 PM
http://mauivents.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/MAUIVENTS.jpg

Of course the Butler can do it. It's always the Butler who did it.

:tt2 :tt1

spyboots
01-30-2012, 10:04 PM
Wonderful news!

Flasteel
01-30-2012, 10:14 PM
Wait a minute...you hired who as your new offensive coordinator? Okay...umm...let me get back to you Chuck.

SteelBucks
01-30-2012, 10:16 PM
Wow. Didn't expect him to stay! :tt2

hawaiiansteel
01-31-2012, 12:26 AM

I'll bet Tomlin and Art reassured Butler that this was going to be LeBeau's last season as DC.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-31-2012, 01:19 AM

I'll bet Tomlin and Art reassured Butler that this was going to be LeBeau's last season as DC.

That was my thinking.

costanza2k1
01-31-2012, 01:21 AM
The Rooneys are out of control too much control of the team. Tomlin can't do anything right fire that guy! :sarcasm:

fordfixer
01-31-2012, 04:14 AM
Wait a minute...you hired who as your new offensive coordinator? Okay...umm...let me get back to you Chuck.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Slapstick
01-31-2012, 09:37 AM
Butler knows that he has it good here...

He has a good relationship with his head coach, great ownership and is working with one of the great defensive coordinators in the history of the NFL...

And most likely, as was pointed out, he was probably given significant financial incentive to stay...

Steelers>NFL
01-31-2012, 09:47 AM

Exactly what I was thinking. Or maybe this year yet... Never know.

phillyesq
01-31-2012, 09:58 AM
I thought the old DC was costing this team coaching talent by refusing to retire. Instead, it looks like he is part of a group that somebody like Butler enjoys working with so much that he decided to forego a potentially greater opportunity elsewhere.

Oviedo
01-31-2012, 10:14 AM
I thought the old DC was costing this team coaching talent by refusing to retire. Instead, it looks like he is part of a group that somebody like Butler enjoys working with so much that he decided to forego a potentially greater opportunity elsewhere.

Key phrase in the article is "not to mention a hefty new contract "

I'm sure that had much more to do with his staying than "man love"

phillyesq
01-31-2012, 10:37 AM

That is speculation, as suggested by the term "likely." Regardless of what he is making, I'd suspect that he would make more as a DC.

Nevertheless, it appears that your irrational Lebeau hatred was misguided in this situation.

RuthlessBurgher
01-31-2012, 11:11 AM

...Again.

Oviedo
01-31-2012, 11:52 AM

That is speculation, as suggested by the term "likely." Regardless of what he is making, I'd suspect that he would make more as a DC.

Nevertheless, it appears that your irrational Lebeau hatred was misguided in this situation.

Really??? "Irrational hatred" because someone has different opinions than you do. You are much better than resorting to that. We do this to agree and to disagree.

Why would I hate a 74 year old man who I have never met and likely never will? Just because I think he is not doing what should be done with the inbalance in resources he has been given is far from "hatred." Others resort to that kind of name calling as routine but you have always been above that.

costanza2k1
01-31-2012, 11:53 AM

Boom!

http://cdn.mos.totalfilm.com/images/b/blades-of-glory-470-75.jpg

phillyesq
01-31-2012, 01:16 PM

Really??? "Irrational hatred" because someone has different opinions than you do. You are much better than resorting to that. We do this to agree and to disagree.

Why would I hate a 74 year old man who I have never met and likely never will? Just because I think he is not doing what should be done with the inbalance in resources he has been given is far from "hatred." Others resort to that kind of name calling as routine but you have always been above that.

I perceived an "irrational hatred" after reading your post describing Lebeau as selfish and having no life outside of football. To me, that goes beyond disagreeing with scheme or in-game adjustments.

I don't engage in name calling and I apologize if I offended you. Just calling that one the way I saw it.

Oviedo
01-31-2012, 01:33 PM

I perceived an "irrational hatred" after reading your post describing Lebeau as selfish and having no life outside of football. To me, that goes beyond disagreeing with scheme or in-game adjustments.

I don't engage in name calling and I apologize if I offended you. Just calling that one the way I saw it.

OK. Should we hug???

phillyesq
01-31-2012, 01:38 PM
OK. Should we hug???

I'm not a hug guy. I prefer :Cheers

costanza2k1
01-31-2012, 01:53 PM
OK. Should we hug???

hug it out b!tches

http://imgc.allpostersimages.com/images/P-488-488-90/59/5952/UITRG00Z/posters/entourage-ari-hug-it-out.jpg

RuthlessBurgher
01-31-2012, 02:14 PM
OK. Should we hug???

hug it out b!tches

http://imgc.allpostersimages.com/images/P-488-488-90/59/5952/UITRG00Z/posters/entourage-ari-hug-it-out.jpg

:lol:

http://mitchieville.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/man-hug.png

hawaiiansteel
01-31-2012, 03:43 PM
Report: Steelers will keep linebackers coach Butler

By Staff and wire reports
Tuesday, January 31, 2012

http://files.pittsburghlive.com/photos/2012-01-31/0131ButlerNewInsideCAP-b.jpg

The Steelers are expected to retain linebackers coach Keith Butler, according to an NFL Network report. Earlier reports suggested Indianapolis coveted Butler, who was expected to interview with the Colts today.

Also, the Steelers have expressed interest in interviewing former Kansas City coach Todd Haley to fill the vacant offensive coordinator position. Haley, Green Bay assistant Tom Clements and quarterbacks coach Randy Fichtner are considered among the front runners to replace Bruce Arians, who landed in Indianapolis after a short retirement.

With Butler returning, the focus shifts again on him being the likely successor to defensive coordinator D!ck LeBeau. Butler's contract had expired, but weekend negotiations accelerated after the Colts extended him an offer.

RAVENS HIRE CALDWELL

Jim Caldwell is back in the NFL, this time as the Baltimore Ravens quarterbacks coach.

The 57-year-old Caldwell was hired yesterday by the Ravens. The appointment comes less than two weeks after Caldwell was fired as head coach of the Indianapolis Colts following a 2-14 season.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin met with Caldwell over the weekend to discuss the offensive coordinator's job.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... z1l3xwp3QB (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_779213.html#ixzz1l3xwp3QB)

SteelTorch
01-31-2012, 09:27 PM

It's not that you have a different opinion. It's that you harp on LeBeau like clockwork. Win or lose, rain or shine. And every year, it's the same thing - he's been figured out, blah blah blah, but year after year he fields a defense that gets things done. And you don't back up your opinions with facts, you do it regardless of how things actually turn out. I'm convinced the biggest reason you criticize LeBeau is to just to be different from everyone else. 8)

pittpete
01-31-2012, 09:33 PM
It's not that you have a different opinion. It's that you harp on LeBeau like clockwork. Win or lose, rain or shine. And every year, it's the same thing - he's been figured out, blah blah blah, but year after year he fields a defense that gets things done

http://www.motleycollegefootball.com/Images/WordUp.gif

Eddie Spaghetti
01-31-2012, 09:35 PM
ovi doesn't hate lebeau.

he just routinely mocks him by calling him a "saint" or a "legend", yet he is above name calling. Lol.

I guess my favorite tactic is attacking him for padding his stats against weak qbs like somehow DL is responsible for making the schedule. I'm all for differing opinions, but ovi is like a broken record. Every thread he posts in winds back around to horrendous guard play or lebeau stinks.

such is life, I guess.

fordfixer
02-01-2012, 12:47 AM

I'm confused Is philly the one in green? :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
02-01-2012, 01:18 PM

I'm confused Is philly the one in green? :lol:

Philly Iggle Green, and Oviedo Florida Orange. :mrgreen: