PDA

View Full Version : Pro Bowl

winwithd
01-29-2012, 11:26 PM
Anyone else watch this. I had not seen one in a long time. This is Goodell's NFL. Total waste of time. No hitting. And only half-a effort in the running game. Nearing 1000 yards passing in the game. I watched half the first quarter to see Ben, Brown, and Wallace. But it almost made me sick to see Deebo playing patty-cake out there instead of real defense. And Wallace fall down at the end of his catch and runs like a wussy Marsha giving himself up so as not to get hit. The DBs are only playing 2-hand touch anyway. Turns out I never did get to see AB return any kicks cuz they all went thru the endzone. What a waste of time.

hawaiiansteel
01-29-2012, 11:36 PM
at least each of the Steelers' players who also got a free trip to Hawaii made $15,000 for being on the winning team. :tt2

SteelBucks
01-29-2012, 11:55 PM
It's all in fun and it's better than someone getting hurt.

BTW, anyone see Brown playing CB? :lol:

DkBlue
01-30-2012, 12:18 AM
at least each of the Steelers' players who also got a free trip to Hawaii made $15,000 for being on the winning team. :tt2

Actually, it was 40,000. The losers got 20,000.

hawaiiansteel
01-30-2012, 12:54 AM

Actually, it was 40,000. The losers got 20,000.

thanks, that's even better.

the $40,000 might actually come close to covering their expenses... :D

Shoe
01-30-2012, 01:46 AM
I'm not as disgusted as OP, but I do wonder why they don't do things to improve the game itself, if this is the level of play we're tuning in to see. It's totally uncompelling. I mean, you can't even call it a scrimmage, because people aren't playing.

Why not make it flag football, for example? At least no one is going to hold it against anyone for not tackling. Also, make it more of a weekend (e.g. NBA All-Star weekend). Obviously, we don't want guys flying around and risking injury ofor nothing, but they should try and make the product (this game that NBC is showing, and we're watching) to be more entertaining than it is... as it is, it's just a waste of programming as far as I'm concerned.

Discipline of Steel
01-30-2012, 08:16 AM
Whoops, i seem to have missed the whole affair. Sounds awful and im sure the announcers were slobbering all over the QBs which would have made it 10 times worse.

Steelers>NFL
01-30-2012, 09:21 AM
What a waste of time to watch this game. I watch the 1st quarter. Pitifull football at its worst. Looks like there was a pillow fight in the trenches. Game SUCKS with a BIG "S".

flippy
01-30-2012, 09:23 AM
I forgot this game was on. I woulda watched a little if I remembered.

7 UP
01-30-2012, 09:51 AM
I watched the first half. Once they interviewed Ben on the sideline, and he said he was done for the day I lost interest. I do the same thing with the Pro Bowl every year. I always intend to watch the whole thing. But Im never able to actually sit through it.

feltdizz
01-30-2012, 09:54 AM
Anyone else watch this. I had not seen one in a long time. This is Goodell's NFL. Total waste of time. No hitting. And only half-a effort in the running game. Nearing 1000 yards passing in the game. I watched half the first quarter to see Ben, Brown, and Wallace. But it almost made me sick to see Deebo playing patty-cake out there instead of real defense. And Wallace fall down at the end of his catch and runs like a wussy Marsha giving himself up so as not to get hit. The DBs are only playing 2-hand touch anyway. Turns out I never did get to see AB return any kicks cuz they all went thru the endzone. What a waste of time.

Not sure how Goodell is to blame for the Pro Bowl.... the players looked like they were having a good time.

pittpete
01-30-2012, 10:27 AM
My 6 year old enjoyed it
Maybe the ProBowl isnt for middle aged die hard defensive minded Steeler fans :lol:

papillon
01-30-2012, 10:43 AM
I took our kids snowboarding. What did I miss? :D

Pappy

MeetJoeGreene
01-30-2012, 10:47 AM
I watched part of the first quarter while Ben was playing.

In general - it was just silly unwatchable.

Ghost
01-30-2012, 11:40 AM
After watching the first Q; I had to laugh that there was any concern for Ben's ankle. After the snap, the lineman basically stood up to stand in the way of the D-linemen. Looked like a game of two-hand touch in the local city park.

NW Steeler
01-30-2012, 12:20 PM

That is the way he runs a majority of the time in games that count too.

BradshawsHairdresser
01-30-2012, 12:52 PM
When will the NFL do itself and its fans a favor, and put a merciful end to this annual farce?

hawaiiansteel
01-30-2012, 03:11 PM
Keisel on Pro Bowl: They “should have just put flags” on players

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 30, 2012, 12:44 PM EST

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/b-keiselbeard1.jpg?w=250

The first guest of the week on PFT Live undeniably has the best beard in the NFL. Possibly in the history of the world.

Steelers defensive end Brett Keisel joined the show and talked about missing the Pro Bowl because he is injured.

“Hawaii’s a great place. That’s the biggest reason I would go. Get my surf on. Get some salt water on this beard. I’ve heard it helps it grow,” Keisel said while stroking his beard. “Along with Head & Shoulders.”

(That was such a seamless plug we had to mention it.)

Keisel did watch the game and felt like a lot of fans at home.

“The speed of game was like a walk through,” Keisel said laughing. “Or a jog through. They probably should have just put flags on them. It might have been more entertaining to see if they can get the flags off.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... n-players/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/30/brett-keisel-on-the-pro-bowl-they-should-have-just-put-flags-on-players/)