PDA

View Full Version : The NFL Network is Great but it is also Garbage!!

Dee Dub
01-24-2012, 03:50 PM
Now dont get me wrong I love the fact that we have a 24 hour NFL Network but some of these top 10 lists of all time are ridiculous.

They have a top ten list of most elusive running backs of all-time and dont include Marcus Allen? But yet it includes Dickie Post? Yes thats right..all 2605 career rushing yards, Dickie Post. :roll:

Then I watch the top ten best hands of all-time list and they have Fred Biletnikoff at #5? Yet he had to have stickum all over his body in order to catch passes? Are you kidding me?

They had Kellen Winslow Sr., Fred Biletnikoff, Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Largent, Raymond Berry ahead of Jerry Rice. Say What? And they have Lynn Swann at 9th? :HeadBanger

10. Marvin Harrison
9. Lynn Swann
8. Sterling Sharpe
7. Jerry Rice
6. Kellen Winslow Sr.
5. Fred Biletnikoff
4. Larry Fitzgerald
3. Steve Largent
2. Raymond Berry
1. Chris Carter

steelblood
01-24-2012, 05:19 PM
I think your sentiment is best illustrated in the NFL Network's coverage of the Senior Bowl and Combine. They get some good talent evaluators and ex-players. They have many hours of coverage of practices and drills. But, then, instead of simply showing us what is happening on the field at that moment, they are constantly going to a human interest piece of the latest draft related tabloid headline or overanalyzing the top ten picks while ignoring the rest of the field. I don't want to look at the gleam from Deon's head, I want to see what is going on down on the field! I don't care who didn't show up because of a recent arrest, I care about who is there and fighting for a job. The folks tuning in for the Senior Bowl practices and the offensive lineman portion of the NFL Combine are REAL FOOTBALL FANS. Stop insulting them by giving them the shallow Entertainment Tonight version of coverage. I want to see more reps and less fluff!

skyhawk
01-24-2012, 06:17 PM
Now dont get me wrong I love the fact that we have a 24 hour NFL Network but some of these top 10 lists of all time are ridiculous.

They have a top ten list of most elusive running backs of all-time and dont include Marcus Allen? But yet it includes Dickie Post? Yes thats right..all 2605 career rushing yards, Dickie Post. :roll:

Then I watch the top ten best hands of all-time list and they have Fred Biletnikoff at #5? Yet he had to have stickum all over his body in order to catch passes? Are you kidding me?

They had Kellen Winslow Sr., Fred Biletnikoff, Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Largent, Raymond Berry ahead of Jerry Rice. Say What? And they have Lynn Swann at 9th? :HeadBanger

10. Marvin Harrison
9. Lynn Swann
8. Sterling Sharpe
7. Jerry Rice
6. Kellen Winslow Sr.
5. Fred Biletnikoff
4. Larry Fitzgerald
3. Steve Largent
2. Raymond Berry
1. Chris Carter

Yeah, and Cris Carter is still not in the hall of fame.

Also makes me worry about Hine's chances.