PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals Interview Steelers OC Bruce Arians

SteelCrazy
01-23-2012, 10:57 PM
Cardinals interviewed another coach for their vacant QB position. Bruce Arians from the Pittsburgh Steelers, did not get his expiring contract renewed and thus plans to retire, but is still speaking with teams for a coaching position.

As you can imagine Arians has deep ties to both Head Coach Ken Whizenhunt, and Offensive Line Coach, Russ Grimm, from their days together in Pittsburgh. Arians, 59, announced his retirement last week, but has spoke to the Cardinals today, and has a few more teams lined up, before he makes his decision to stay in the NFL or actually retire. He is the third person that the Cardinals haven't spoken to for this postion, the other two being former Kansas City HC, Todd Haley, and former Raiders HC, Hue Jackson.

Arians was hired by the Chiefs to be their RB coach in 1988. Spent one season as the New Orleans Saints TE coach, followed by being the QB Coach for the Indianapolis Colts. He was the first QB coach that Peyton Manning had in the NFL. Following that he became the Offensive Coordinator for the Cleveland Browns, and after two seasons there, rejoined Bill Cowher in Pittsburgh as the WR coach. He was later Promoted to Offensive Coordinator in the 2007 season where he held the position till his "retirement" this season.

So, of the three coaches interviewed, which one would you want as our QB Coach?

http://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2012/1 ... -oc-arians (http://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2012/1/23/2728842/cardinals-interview-steelers-oc-arians)

hawaiiansteel
01-23-2012, 11:01 PM
isn't it mandatory that all Steelers rejects get a look-see in Pittsburgh West? :roll:

RussBII
01-23-2012, 11:10 PM
Good luck w/o a QB, brah.

hawaiiansteel
01-24-2012, 12:01 AM

Arizona Cardinals Reportedly Interested In Peyton Manning

By Ernie Pomin - Newsdesk contributor
Jan 22, 2012

The Arizona Cardinals are reportedly interested In Peyton Manning. That is of course, if all the pieces fall into place.

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, sidelined quarterback Peyton Manning just may be on the Cardinals radar this offseason, if and only if a lot of if's take place, starting with if the Indianapolis Colts take Andrew Luck overall in the 2012 NFL draft, then cutting Peyton from their team.

Per Adam Schefter on Twitter:

Add the Arizona Cardinals to mix of teams that includes Dolphins, Jets and Redskins expected to be interested in Colts QB Peyton Manning.

This would be big for Arizona, finally eradicating the quarterback problem from the Cardinals. But a number of extenuating circumstances to make this all happen, and they still have the Jets, Dolphins and Redskins to compete with.

http://arizona.sbnation.com/arizona-car ... ning-colts (http://arizona.sbnation.com/arizona-cardinals/2012/1/22/2725546/arizona-cardinals-reportedly-interested-peyton-manning-colts)

anger 82&95
01-24-2012, 06:59 AM
Let me guess… His first PowerPoint presentation will be labeled “The Bubble Screen.”

feltdizz
01-24-2012, 09:00 AM

:Agree

but it would be interesting to watch.

Ghost
01-24-2012, 09:29 AM
This just in....fish need water to live...

drprwnap
01-24-2012, 12:03 PM
Let me guess… His first PowerPoint presentation will be labeled “The Bubble Screen.”

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

Seriously, are there any former Steeler employees that the Cards DON'T want :?:

isonator07
01-24-2012, 05:02 PM

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

Seriously, are there any former Steeler employees that the Cards DON'T want :?:

It doesn't seem like it. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Kemo will be the first!

pittpete
01-24-2012, 07:37 PM
Peyton takes the snap
Peyton drops back
Peyton waiting for his recievers to run thier 30 yard patterns
Peyton CRRRRRUUUUNCH!!!!!
Peyton goes on IR
Peyton career over
Arians-"This all could have been avoided with proper execution"

hawaiiansteel
01-24-2012, 07:45 PM
Peyton takes the snap
Peyton drops back
Peyton goes on IR
Peyton career over

Arians - "I had the right play called"

ikestops85
01-24-2012, 08:00 PM
Arians - I called a bubble screen but Peyton audibled out of it

NorthCoast
01-24-2012, 08:10 PM
Here is my thought on this breaking news...... haaaa...haaa...haaa...good Luck Cards.

bostonsteeler
01-24-2012, 09:32 PM
Peyton takes the snap
Peyton drops back
Peyton goes on IR
Peyton career over

:D :D :D

Evil but :Bow

fezziwig
01-24-2012, 10:19 PM
Peyton takes the snap
Peyton drops back
Peyton goes on IR
Peyton career over

You forgot one.

Peytons on the stretcher, Arian has him throw it 40 more times.

fezziwig
01-24-2012, 10:21 PM
You know, one of these times I expect to bring up this site to see a title of a thread that reads...

Arizona Cardinals interview Steely McBeam.