PDA

View Full Version : Answer Me This...

NorthCoast
01-23-2012, 08:31 PM
How is it that during the playoffs the refs 'let them play the game', but during the regular season anyone that sneezes on a QB gets flagged to kingdom come?

There was non-calls on holding on OL, CBs mauling WRs, linemen throwing punches at each other, and yet, no calls. Why the double standard? Why can't the league 'let them play the game' every week. I have to say these games were a lot more entertaining than some of the flag-fests I witnessed this season.

msp26505
01-23-2012, 09:22 PM
Because the Steelers were eliminated.

It's hard to penalize James Harrison when he's watching on TV. (Though I suspect Goodell has contemplated it.)

Sugar
01-23-2012, 10:56 PM
Because the Steelers were eliminated.

It's hard to penalize James Harrison when he's watching on TV. (Though I suspect Goodell has contemplated it.)

:Beer

fezziwig
01-23-2012, 11:05 PM
How is it that during the playoffs the refs 'let them play the game', but during the regular season anyone that sneezes on a QB gets flagged to kingdom come?

There was non-calls on holding on OL, CBs mauling WRs, linemen throwing punches at each other, and yet, no calls. Why the double standard? Why can't the league 'let them play the game' every week. I have to say these games were a lot more entertaining than some of the flag-fests I witnessed this season.

I noticed it too but, I figured the same, these rules only apply to the Steelers.

RussBII
01-23-2012, 11:09 PM
This happens EVERY year and in EVERY major sport. Something about not wanting to let the Refs decide a game when someone's season is on the line.

It sucks.

They really need consistency across the board for ALL NFL games. If they let DBs mug WRs in the regular season we'd be 15-1 every year. Ike would be a first ballot HOFer.