PDA

View Full Version : SteelCrazy's 1st edition Mock Draft/ May be used by FO

SteelCrazy
01-23-2012, 02:23 AM
1. Cordy Glenn, G, Georgia/ Height: 6-5. Weight: 348.
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f321/straightface72/draft1.jpg

He's a huge dude that got beat some this year playing tackle but before that he was an awesome Guard and thats where we are going to use him. Since we may be going back to "Steelers Football" he'll be a welcomed addition to the run game as he has been know to move mountains only using his eye lashes.

2. Dontari Poe*, NT, Memphis/ Height: 6-5. Weight: 350.
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f321/straightface72/11111-1.jpg

He eats a lot....of space and can still make plays when double teamed. He is the long term answer we need after Casey is gone.

3. Casey Hayward, CB, Vanderbilt/ Height: 5-11. Weight: 188.
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f321/straightface72/111111.jpg

He was all over the field making plays and ints. to start the year but cooled down in the 2nd half of the season. Has great potential and we can never have enough good CB's.

4. Audie Cole, ILB, North Carolina State/ Height: 6-5. Weight: 239.
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f321/straightface72/1111111-1.jpg

What impresses me is he led the team in tackles his JUNIOR year as an OLB. Versatility is a good thing.

5. Joel Foreman, G, Michigan State/ Height: 6-4. Weight: 310.
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f321/straightface72/11111111.jpg

Because we need more help here

6. Cody Johnson, FB, Texas/ Height: 5-11. Weight: 250.
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f321/straightface72/111111111.jpg

We need one now that Brucey is gone. Might as well get one in the draft.

7. Randy Bullock, K, Texas A&M/ Height: 5-9. Weight: 212.
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f321/straightface72/1111111111.jpg

We need one of these too.........
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I :tt1 was only having fun with this and going by feel, not my knowledge, which is very minimal.

hawaiiansteel
01-23-2012, 02:38 AM
I have seen several mocks (including Mel Kiper's Mock 1.0) that have Dontari Poe going to the Steelers in Round 1, it's highly unlikely he will be there for us when we pick in Round 2...

SteelCrazy
01-23-2012, 02:45 AM
I have seen several mocks that have Dontari Poe going to the Steelers in Round 1, it's highly unlikely he will be there for us when we pick in Round 2.

u didnt read the disclaimer, did you? My knowledge is minimal, sensei.

papillon
01-23-2012, 07:05 AM
If rounds one and two worked out that way I'd be happy. That is an excellent mock draft. :D

Pappy

MeetJoeGreene
01-23-2012, 09:44 AM
Dude! Epic mock draft! That is BEAST!!!

phillyesq
01-23-2012, 10:06 AM
I'd really like to see the first two rounds of the draft work out that way, with the Steelers adding a lot of size and power on both sides of the ball.

RuthlessBurgher
01-23-2012, 10:22 AM
Notice that the first two guys weigh nearly 700 lbs. themselves? That's a lot of beef...

SteelCrazy
01-23-2012, 10:34 AM
Dude! Epic mock draft! That is BEAST!!!

I bet you say that to all the mockers........

steelblood
01-23-2012, 01:04 PM
I have seen several mocks that have Dontari Poe going to the Steelers in Round 1, it's highly unlikely he will be there for us when we pick in Round 2.

u didnt read the disclaimer, did you? My knowledge is minimal, sensei.

I read the disclaimer. Still, Poe is unrealistic. He is the top rated NT at this point. Until that changes, no way he goes to us at pick 56 or so. If Glenn tests well at the combine, he will likely also not be possible without a trade up. But, I think that he'd be a great addition to the team.

Casey Hayward did not "cool" in the second half. Teams threw away from him. In Vandy's bowl game, they tried to attack him again and he made them pay. Hayward is a great talent and a ballhawk. Nice job including him in your draft. He is a Steeler type and could improve our turnover numbers.

Cody Johnson is a good FB candidate because he is also a good enough athlete to contribute as a runner and a receiver.

grotonsteel
01-23-2012, 02:03 PM
If Steelers get Glenn and Poe with 2 picks in the draft it will be awesome.

Nice draft addressing the trenches.

Shawn
01-23-2012, 03:51 PM
As said Poe doesn't make it to us in round 2. There is a premium placed on massive 3-4 NTs as they do not come around all that often. With that said, I think it may come down to Worthy, Hightower, and Poe in the first round. History says they will role with Hightower. With that said, Hightower isn't a Tomlin kinda LBr. I think when its all said and done Worthy is the better player...and Poe gets left for another team.

RuthlessBurgher
01-23-2012, 07:36 PM
As said Poe doesn't make it to us in round 2. There is a premium placed on massive 3-4 NTs as they do not come around all that often. With that said, I think it may come down to Worthy, Hightower, and Poe in the first round. History says they will role with Hightower. With that said, Hightower isn't a Tomlin kinda LBr. I think when its all said and done Worthy is the better player...and Poe gets left for another team.

Worthy doesn't strike me as a 3-4 NT. Seems like a 4-3 DT to me.

Dee Dub
01-23-2012, 07:41 PM
Sorry my man...your first two picks are never gonna happen. Glenn goes before pick #24 and Poe goes before pick #56 (way before).

SteelCrazy
01-23-2012, 07:52 PM
Sorry my man...your first two picks are never gonna happen. Glenn goes before pick #24 and Poe goes before pick #56 (way before).

Can't a guy dream? I remember when it was allowed in this country of ours. :tt2 :tt2 I bet the guys I picked our close to being chosen where I have them. Let us re-visit this mock in late April.

Dee Dub
01-23-2012, 08:03 PM

Can't a guy dream? I remember when it was allowed in this country of ours. :tt2 :tt2 I bet the guys I picked our close to being chosen where I have them. Let us re-visit this mock in late April.

I hear ya man. I have been dreaming of getting Glenn for last 4 months. Unless we move up I just dont see it. He dominated at LT in the SEC and experts project he'll be even better inside at guard. That generally translates into being picked way before 24.

SteelCrazy
01-23-2012, 08:09 PM
[quote="Dee Dub":10oka569]Sorry my man...your first two picks are never gonna happen. Glenn goes before pick #24 and Poe goes before pick #56 (way before).

I hear ya man. I have been dreaming of getting Glenn for last 4 months. Unless we move up I just dont see it. He dominated at LT in the SEC and experts project he'll be even better inside at guard. That generally translates into being picked way before 24.[/quote:10oka569]

Yea, I know, but we need him sooo bad.