PDA

View Full Version : Dag-Gummit Again!!

Dee Dub
01-23-2012, 12:44 AM
Tide NT has ACL surgery …. Alabama NT Josh Chapman, a potential second-day pick at the 2012 draft, will not participate in next week’s Senior Bowl after undergoing surgery to repair a torn ACL and a torn meniscus in his left knee. In fact, its unlikely that Chapman will be able to workout at all prior to the draft, although he actually played through the injury the past couple of months including the Tides win in the BCS championship game earlier this month.

http://www.gbnreport.com/

Looks like I may have to re-adjust my Steeler draft again. :roll:

RuthlessBurgher
01-23-2012, 12:50 AM
Take him later in the draft and give him a medical redshirt as a rookie. If we can get a 2nd round talent in 2013 with a late round pick in 2012, I'll take that.

hawaiiansteel
01-23-2012, 12:50 AM
Tide NT has ACL surgery …. Alabama NT Josh Chapman, a potential second-day pick at the 2012 draft, will not participate in next week’s Senior Bowl after undergoing surgery to repair a torn ACL and a torn meniscus in his left knee. In fact, its unlikely that Chapman will be able to workout at all prior to the draft, although he actually played through the injury the past couple of months including the Tides win in the BCS championship game earlier this month.

are you like the Madden Curse? :D

Dee Dub
01-23-2012, 12:59 AM
Take him later in the draft and give him a medical redshirt as a rookie. If we can get a 2nd round talent in 2013 with a late round pick in 2012, I'll take that.

Good point! That would be tremendous value.

Dee Dub
01-23-2012, 01:01 AM

are you like the Madden Curse? :D

Maybe so. :lol: If anything happens to Hightower I may have to not do any more drafts for awhile.

focosteeler
01-23-2012, 04:51 PM
how far do you think he will drop?

Oviedo
01-23-2012, 05:13 PM

Good point! That would be tremendous value.

That's what I would do. Start him on the PUP in training camp and that gives him until I think Game#5 to get back on to the active roster. Even if he redshirted a year he would still be a good pick if you could get him in Round 4 or 5. I bet alot of other teams will be thinking the same thing so it may be hard to get him if not with our Round 4 pick.

phillyesq
01-23-2012, 05:30 PM

FWIW, the Eagles have done that with a couple of guys recently in the 4th and 5th round. One was a TE and one was a CB. Neither made any impact at all when healthy.

Of course, that doesn't mean that Chapman won't have an impact, but there certainly is some risk.