PDA

View Full Version : Rats vs Pats*

SteelCrazy
01-22-2012, 06:00 PM
The Pats* are looking like the Steelers O in the red zone.....

SteelBucks
01-22-2012, 06:09 PM
I refuse to watch. It's like nails to a chalkboard between these two. I'll tune in to the NFC game though.

feltdizz
01-22-2012, 06:11 PM
The Pats* are looking like the Steelers O in the red zone.....

It''s not easy to score TD's on a Rats D.

Steelhere10
01-22-2012, 06:12 PM
It's hard to root for either, but I think I hate Harball arrogance the most.

Iron Shiek
01-22-2012, 06:30 PM
I'm finding myself increasingly okay with the ravens winning. I just can't stomach rooting for the cheaters or even envisioning a super bowl with them in it. At least the rats are in our division and are more "like us" than the cheaters. Plus, they still have to "win" the super bowl so its not all said and done.

This one's coming down to the wire though

DukieBoy
01-22-2012, 06:42 PM
It's a choice between cheating and murder. I'll take cheating. :ratsuck It's actually been a good game to watch.

Iron Shiek
01-22-2012, 06:45 PM
Lol, the Joe Flaccid we know stirkes again!

DukieBoy
01-22-2012, 06:46 PM
Flacco INT. That's how you be Rat-tled. :ratsuck

Of course, Belicheat probably stole the signals.

Iron Shiek
01-22-2012, 06:48 PM
What an amazing play by the ravens defense. That was Troy-esqe...but troy woulda caught it one handed.

Steelhere10
01-22-2012, 06:56 PM
Whack o Flacco
Strikes again. Harball great decision, I love it.

Iron Shiek
01-22-2012, 07:01 PM
yeah you've gotta call a better play out of a timeout there. everyone was double covered.
Flacco shoulda been able to get out of the pocket too, so some of the blame is on him. That was just a bad sequence

DukieBoy
01-22-2012, 07:11 PM
Time to retire, Ray Ray. What would Warren the Sapp tell you?

Iron Shiek
01-22-2012, 07:12 PM
Wow way to go cundiff.

I guarantee the first thing out of harbaugh's mouth is going to be b!tching about the refs.

But is justified? I think the the wr might have had two feet down. Do you have to make a "football" move in the case of a td reception. He possessed it. I guess its like that calvin johnson fumble ruling I suppose.

hawaiiansteel
01-22-2012, 07:13 PM
It's a choice between cheating and murder. I'll take cheating. :ratsuck It's actually been a good game to watch.

yes, a very good game to watch.

and as much as I hate the Pats* winning, it gives me great satisfaction to watch the Rats and the first of the Harbaughs lose.

Steelhere10
01-22-2012, 07:13 PM
We don't need God. I kne w he would miss.
:owned

Va Steelr
01-22-2012, 07:14 PM
Rats come up short.AGAIN !!!!! Go NFC !!!

:ratsuck

Steelgal
Bye bye Ratturds. Enjoy your off-season.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

SteelCrazy
Suisham > Cundiff!!! ..................lmao :tt2

feltdizz
I hate the Pats more than the Rats...

I can't believe Flacco didn't run for the first down on 3d and 1.

winwithd
01-22-2012, 07:15 PM
Now we will have to listen to Hairball complain again that he had the better team and they gave the game away. Loser. Good-bye Ray Ray. You wont be missed. At least now all are safe at the SuperBowl.

phillyesq
01-22-2012, 07:16 PM
I would have preferred an INT or fumble from Flacco, something that would create some real dissension within the the team, but I'm still glad to see the Rats lose in heartbreaking fashion.

Go NFC!!!

SteelBucks
01-22-2012, 07:16 PM
Just saw the highlights on ESPN. Guess Cundiff will be available this offseason. :wink:

flippy
01-22-2012, 07:17 PM
hahaha

i was surprised they didn't re-look at the last TD pass attempt by Baltimore. I thought he had it with 2 feet down before the ball got knocked away. Although I didn't see any replay?

feltdizz
01-22-2012, 07:17 PM
How do you miss a FG like that? LOL

PlayForBlood
01-22-2012, 07:19 PM
looks like Ben will start in the Pro Bowl game now

Steelgal
01-22-2012, 07:20 PM
hahaha

i was surprised they didn't re-look at the last TD pass attempt by Baltimore. I thought he had it with 2 feet down before the ball got knocked away. Although I didn't see any replay?

I'm sure Harbaugh will bring it up in the press conference and gripe until the season starts next year. Guy can NEVER admit when he's been beaten by another team. This type of loss couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Now off to read the ratturd boards and revel in their meltdown.

Flasteel
01-22-2012, 07:24 PM
[youtube:20zk81d1]owzhYNcd4OM[/youtube:20zk81d1]

feltdizz
01-22-2012, 07:25 PM
2nd and 1... and you don't run the ball on 2 downs. Wow...

DukieBoy
01-22-2012, 07:25 PM
looks like Ben will start in the Pro Bowl game now

I wish Ben would stay the he!! away from the Pro-Bowl, esp with his high ankle sprain. Unless, or course, he needs the attention that much.

DukieBoy
01-22-2012, 07:28 PM
Bye bye Ratturds. Enjoy your off-season.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nevermore, MD zipcode 00000

phillyesq
01-22-2012, 07:29 PM
This is great:

williamgay22 william gay
Welp at least they already did there Gatorade shower during the season!!!! Go hard or go home.. U know what just come home....lmao

Steelgal
01-22-2012, 07:35 PM
Dang, Harbaugh is actually giving the pats credit for the win and how they played. That's gotta be a first for him.

DukieBoy
01-22-2012, 07:36 PM
From a Ravens' Board:

YOU KNOW WHAT!!!!!!! Matt Birk learn to f'ing block, Lee Evans Learn to catch,
And Ed Dickson needs to be FIRED!! We live in a mediocre city with mediocre football players. TO ALL 53 PLAYERS ON THAT PITIFUL ROSTER Go the F _ _ k HOME YOU BUMS, YOU DESERVED TO LOSE!

SteelBucks
01-22-2012, 07:39 PM
From a Ravens' Board:

YOU KNOW WHAT!!!!!!! Matt Birk learn to f'ing block, Lee Evans Learn to catch,
And Ed Dickson needs to be FIRED!! We live in a mediocre city with mediocre football players. TO ALL 53 PLAYERS ON THAT PITIFUL ROSTER Go the F _ _ k HOME YOU BUMS, YOU DESERVED TO LOSE!

...and I thought this board was rough after a loss!? Sheesh!

Steelgal
01-22-2012, 07:42 PM
The board I've been reading has already crashed once. hahahaha

Their board is MUCH worse than ours has ever been.

hawaiiansteel
01-22-2012, 07:44 PM
Rapid Reaction: Patriots 23, Ravens 20

Jan 22
By Jamison Hensley

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Thoughts on today's AFC Championship Game between the Ravens and Patriots:

What it means: The Ravens lost in the AFC Championship Game for the second time in four seasons, but few predicted in this manner. After a last-minute rally, Billy Cundiff missed wide left on a 32-yard field goal. A Pro Bowl kicker last season, this was his 10th miss on the road this year. This also followed a game-winning drop in the end zone by wide receiver Lee Evans two plays earlier. This is a painful loss because the window of opportunity is starting to close for aging defensive stars Ray Lewis and Ed Reed.

Flacco flinches: Joe Flacco was outplaying Tom Brady for 3 1/2 quarters until he made a poor pass over the middle that resulted in an interception. Getting the ball back after a Brady interception, Flacco led the Ravens to the New England 33-yard line. On fourth-and-6 with under three minutes left, Flacco had to throw the ball away after Vince Wilfork ran over center Matt Birk and grabbed ahold of the quarterback. Ravens coach John Harbaugh will get second-guessed for not going for the game-tying 50-yard field goal.

Can't make goal-line stand: With the Ravens holding a four-point lead (20-16) early in the fourth quarter, the defense stopped the Patriots at the goal line on second and third down. But Brady leapt over the top on fourth-and-goal as Lewis and Jameel McClain were late to hit him.

Pollard continues to hurt Patriots: When New England tight end Rob Gronkowski injured his ankle late in the third quarter, it wasn't a surprise that Ravens safety Bernard Pollard made the tackle. Pollard has a history of hurting the Patriots, from Brady's ACL injury in the 2008 season opener to Wes Welker's knee injury in the 2009 regular-season finale. Gronkowski returned in the fourth quarter, though.

Pollard hurting Patriots, Part 2: One play after Flacco's fourth-quarter interception, Pollard deflected Brady's deep pass to the end zone. It went into the hands of rookie Jimmy Smith, who ran it to the Ravens' 38-yard line. It was the Ravens' third forced turnover of the game.

Costly penalty early: Ravens linebacker Dannell Ellerbe is known for being an undisciplined player and he showed why in the second quarter. He ripped off the helmet of BenJarvus Green-Ellis in the red zone, which became a costly penalty. On the next play, Green-Ellis scored on a 7-yard run. That put the Patriots up 10-3.

What's next: The Ravens head into an offseason where they have issues to address on offense. Running back Ray Rice and left guard Ben Grubbs are free agents, and Flacco is looking for a contract extension.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_ ... -ravens-20 (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/41033/rapid-reaction-patriots-23-ravens-20)

feltdizz
01-22-2012, 07:44 PM
I expect it to get much worse on the Rats boards.

1 yard for a 1st down with a TO and they kill the clock twice.

Starlifter
01-22-2012, 07:45 PM
http://disneybear.com/images/WeAreBack_9647/DrSmith11.jpg

Oh the pain........... :ratsuck :ratsuck

hawaiiansteel
01-22-2012, 09:57 PM
Updated: January 22, 2012

Ray Lewis not retiring, will return

By Jamison Hensley
ESPN.com

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nfl/players/full/964.png&w=65&h=90&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=false

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Sunday's devastating AFC Championship loss won't be Ray Lewis' last game.

Lewis said he will return to the Ravens next season, his 17th in the NFL. The 13-time Pro Bowl linebacker is so sure that he's coming back to the Ravens that he cleared up the issue himself.

"Is this my last time as a Raven? Absolutely not," Lewis said after a 23-20 loss to New England. "Let me answer that question before somebody asks me. Absolutely not. It's just too much. Life offers too much. Every time you step on this field, it's a true blessing."

Lewis, who will turn 37 by the time training camp begins, endured one of the roughest seasons of his career. He injured his toe late in the season that caused him to miss four games and didn't play at the same high level when he returned.

Still, he led the Ravens with 95 tackles and recorded two sacks, one interception and seven forced fumbles. The Ravens might have to consider reducing Lewis' snaps next season to save the wear and tear on his body. He's been an every-down player since he entered the league in 1996.

Still, Lewis has set a new standard for longevity among middle linebackers. Mike Singletary retired after 12 seasons before his play declined. Jack Lambert walked away after 11 years because of a severe toe injury. And Dick Butkus stopped after nine seasons because of multiple knee injuries.

"For us to be here now, I'm hungry again and I'm thirsty again," Lewis said. "Every time you go through something like this, it has to drive you. I truly believe that's the only thing that makes people great. It's not the ones who always winning that people remember. It's the ones who go through tough times."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/74909 ... 012-season (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7490991/ray-lewis-says-returning-baltimore-ravens-2012-season)

RuthlessBurgher
01-23-2012, 02:11 AM
Wow way to go cundiff.

I guarantee the first thing out of harbaugh's mouth is going to be b!tching about the refs.

But is justified? I think the the wr might have had two feet down. Do you have to make a "football" move in the case of a td reception. He possessed it. I guess its like that calvin johnson fumble ruling I suppose.

Earlier this year, Jermaine Gresham got screwed out of a TD that would have won a game for the Bengals against the Ravens (and if that TD stood as it should have, then the Steelers would have won the AFC North and had 2nd seed in the AFC playoffs).

Starlifter
01-23-2012, 02:44 AM
here's hoping they sign flacco to an extension.

Steelgal
01-23-2012, 08:56 AM

I think Ray Rice is also up for a contract this off-season. They could be shelling out quite a bit of cash. It'll be interesting to see how much flacco gets.

SteelBucks
01-23-2012, 09:54 AM

I think Ray Rice is also up for a contract this off-season. They could be shelling out quite a bit of cash. It'll be interesting to see how much flacco gets.

Too bad the Steelers don't have cap space. Redman and Rice would be a nice duo.

RuthlessBurgher
01-23-2012, 02:39 PM

Too bad the Steelers don't have cap space. Redman and Rice would be a nice duo.

If they re-sign Rice and Flacco, there may be not be any $$$ left to sign OG Ben Grubbs (particularly after signing their other OG Marshall Yanda to a big deal last offseason). We need a guard in the worst way and our division rival has a starting guard on the market who is ripe for the taking (if only we had the cap space).

Steelgal
01-24-2012, 10:33 AM
sorry, not sure how to play video here, but here's a link to the missed FG and Harbaugh's expression, along with some players. great watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOhJawoc ... re=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOhJawoc5-Y&feature=related)

hawaiiansteel
01-25-2012, 02:48 AM
If Pats “cheated” Ravens, then shame on the Ravens

Posted by Mike Florio on January 24, 2012

Plenty of you have pointed out that the scoreboard at Gillette Stadium showed that it was third down when the Ravens actually faced the fourth down that became a field goal attempt that then became a field goal failure that sent the Patriots to the Super Bowl without having to win the game in overtime.

Ravens kicking consultant Randy Brown (yes, they actually employ a kicking consultant) had some potentially inflammatory remarks regarding the situation Tuesday morning on WIP radio in Philly.

“The scoreboard was one down behind, the entire last three plays, from what we understand,” Brown told our pal Angelo Cataldi. Asked if the Patriots did it on purpose, Brown said, “I don’t think you can rule anything out in New England, can you?”

Let’s humor Randy Brown, who was on the receiving end of a late-game shove from coach John Harbaugh that was caught on camera, and assume the Patriots instructed their scoreboard operator to pull a Jedi mind trick on the Ravens by screwing up the down. Why in the hell are the Ravens trusting the Patriots’ scoreboard operator to provide accurate information in crunch time of the AFC title game? If, as Brown contends, “I don’t think you can rule anything out in New England,” it would be foolish to presume that the Patriots haven’t deliberately botched with the down information.

Besides, why would the Ravens ever leave to chance the possibility that the scoreboard operator, accidentally or otherwise, has screwed up? The official down information is kept at field level, on those big orange sticks with the large number that reads 1, 2, 3, or 4.

The burden falls on both teams to at all times know what the down is. And if the Ravens choose to employ a “kicking consultant,” shouldn’t at a minimum the kicking consultant be consulting with the kicker as to when the kicker has to go out and kick?

Even if there’s any way to legitimately place blame on the Patriots for intentionally providing false down information to the Ravens via the scoreboard, the Ravens could have pressed pause on the process by calling a timeout. Instead, kicker Billy Cundiff became something akin to a participant in the Olympic skiing-and-shooting event known as the biathlon, running out to his position and then trying to regain his composure in time to put the ball through its target.

John Harbaugh spent nine years as the Eagles’ special-teams coordinator. If Harbaugh didn’t have the presence of mind to sense trouble and take a time out under those circumstances, the Ravens have no business suggesting that the Patriots in some way cheated.

That should be the end of the discussion, but the fact that Brown opted to throw stones at the Patriots could prompt a response from the league office. After all, the last time a team employee made off-the-cuff accusations regarding special-teams skullduggery, Jets owner Woody Johnson ended up calling Patriots owner Robert Kraft and Dolphins owner Stephen Ross with an apology.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... he-ravens/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/24/if-pats-cheated-ravens-then-shame-on-the-ravens/)

jj28west
01-25-2012, 06:54 AM
I am knee deep in Pats and Giants fans with a sprinkle of Bills & Jets here in Connecticut. Having said that I am neutral on the Giants but I hate the Pats with a passion even more then any of our divisional rivals.

Having said all of that Tiproast is a class act fan and I wish we had more opposing team fans that are level headed like Hardliner, Johm, etc. on this board that can debate about their teams.