PDA

View Full Version : More Tebowmania

feltdizz
01-16-2012, 07:11 PM
CBS or Fox is trying to get Tebow in the studio for next weeks games. It was also reported he will be #1 going into camp...

and I just got a report that Madonna is no longer doing the halftime show. She is going to be replaced by a montage of Tebow clips while Cirque de Soleil performs in Jesus jerseys.

I'm sorry but I think it's awesome and sad that he is getting so much pub and he averages 9 completions a game.

DukieBoy
01-16-2012, 07:27 PM
CBS or Fox is trying to get Tebow in the studio for next weeks games. It was also reported he will be #1 going into camp...

and I just got a report that Madonna is no longer doing the halftime show. She is going to be replaced by a montage of Tebow clips while Cirque de Soleil performs in Jesus jerseys.

I'm sorry but I think it's awesome and sad that he is getting so much pub and he averages 9 completions a game.

Pop Star in a pop culture. Blame the pop culture. It is all a bit ridiculous.

My question is Why Madonna?, why not Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber?. Ridiculous also.

BradshawsHairdresser
01-16-2012, 08:01 PM
CBS or Fox is trying to get Tebow in the studio for next weeks games.
If they put him in for Shannon Sharpe, at least maybe they'll have someone who can speak clearly enough for the audience to understand.

It was also reported he will be #1 going into camp...
Not sure why this is news...do the Donks have any other QBs on the roster who have won a playoff game?

:lol:
Why do they even have a halftime show? Not sure what Madonna, or the Rolling Stones, or the Black-Eyed Peas, or Paul McCartney, or any of them have to do with the game...Sometimes it seems like it lasts nearly an hour. I'd rather see a regular halftime.

If the losses start piling up for him, you can be sure the "pub" will fall off, and the media will find some other darling to shine their spotlight on.

BTW, seems to me that you give him a fair amount of "pub" on this board...it might be negative, but it's "pub" nonetheless... :D

SidSmythe
01-16-2012, 08:23 PM
[/quote]

Pop Star in a pop culture. Blame the pop culture. It is all a bit ridiculous.
[/quote]

Kinda like the election in 2008??

Sugar
01-16-2012, 08:24 PM
It reminds me of a story I heard about Brian Bosworth years ago. Apparently, he trademarked the whole "Boz" thing. Then he had a bunch of "Buz Sucks!" printed up and made a killing off his detractors.

Perhaps Tebow could do something similar to make bank off of those who hate him? :wink:

BradshawsHairdresser
01-16-2012, 08:41 PM
It reminds me of a story I heard about Brian Bosworth years ago. Apparently, he trademarked the whole "Boz" thing. Then he had a bunch of "Buz Sucks!" printed up and made a killing off his detractors.

Perhaps Tebow could do something similar to make bank off of those who hate him? :wink:

I think you ought to give his agent a call and pitch the idea...you might be able to negotiate for a nice percentage of the earnings!

The Man of Steel
01-16-2012, 08:41 PM
Maybe they can kill two birds with one stone and get 80's popstar John Parr to do the halftime show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAIQWzW1MIc

pick6
01-16-2012, 08:59 PM
CBS or Fox is trying to get Tebow in the studio for next weeks games.
If they put him in for Shannon Sharpe, at least maybe they'll have someone who can speak clearly enough for the audience to understand.

It was also reported he will be #1 going into camp...
Not sure why this is news...do the Donks have any other QBs on the roster who have won a playoff game?

:lol:
Why do they even have a halftime show? Not sure what Madonna, or the Rolling Stones, or the Black-Eyed Peas, or Paul McCartney, or any of them have to do with the game...Sometimes it seems like it lasts nearly an hour. I'd rather see a regular halftime.

If the losses start piling up for him, you can be sure the "pub" will fall off, and the media will find some other darling to shine their spotlight on.

BTW, seems to me that you give him a fair amount of "pub" on this board...it might be negative, but it's "pub" nonetheless... :D

I can understand Sharpe just fine. Most english speakers can or he wouldn't be hosting for a billion dollar enterprise. I'd rather see the jerk boomer esiason replaced, a front runner who takes everything personal. Detroit DT N. Suh was on yesterday and the childish esiason took every opportunity he could to insult the guest panelist. Suh handled it very well. I guess that would be easy being that the arrogant boomer has never be considered the best at his position, much to his dismay. I guess when he looks across the panel and sees all the accomplishment he realizes that he's just a jock with 45-55 lbs. head who feels inner rage because he never won the show. Sorry for the boomer rant, but I do feel better, lol.

Dee Dub
01-16-2012, 09:03 PM
Wait a minute...in this thread feltdizz says...

....I'm sorry but I think it's awesome and sad that he is getting so much pub and he averages 9 completions a game.

then in another thread he says...

12-4 is 12-4 and it doesn't matter how much you beat your opponents by.... this isn't college and margin of victory doesn't help your ranking in the playoffs.

So does it matter how one wins or not? Or only when it comes to the Steelers? Dang! Talk about a hater. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hawaiiansteel
01-16-2012, 10:04 PM
CBS wants Tim Tebow in the studio on Sunday

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 16, 2012

Just because the Broncos are out of the playoffs, that doesnt mean you wont see Tim Tebow on your television during the AFC Championship Game.

CBS has reached out to Tebow to see if hell agree to join their studio for Sundays Ravens-Patriots game.

From a TV ratings perspective, thats a no-brainer: Tebow has been the biggest individual draw in the NFL over the last couple months, and his presence in the studio would get more eyeballs on the CBS pregame show.

Tebow hasnt decided if hes going to do it. CBS hopes to know whether Tebow will join the show by the middle of this week.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... on-sunday/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/16/cbs-wants-tim-tebow-in-the-studio-on-sunday/)

Steelers>NFL
01-17-2012, 09:04 AM
Good for Tebow to get all of this attention. Afterall, he did lead/wil Donkeys to 7 wins in a row this past season. He did BEAT the Steelers in the playoffs. I'd rather someone like him get the attention, rather than some gangsta, thug like football player.

feltdizz
01-17-2012, 09:26 AM

....I'm sorry but I think it's awesome and sad that he is getting so much pub and he averages 9 completions a game.

12-4 is 12-4 and it doesn't matter how much you beat your opponents by.... this isn't college and margin of victory doesn't help your ranking in the playoffs.

So does it matter how one wins or not? Or only when it comes to the Steelers? Dang! Talk about a hater. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Obviously it matters to Elway since he gave a ringing endorsement of Tebow being the #1 QB going into camp.

SS Laser
01-17-2012, 06:53 PM
I know there is another thread to bash Teblow. But I REALLY have no problem with him. But I am starting to hate the media BS that comes with Timmy. Kind of like the Farve media BS. I had no problem with Farve playing till he was 80 if he wanted. But to me it was not NFL news if he played or not at that point in his career.

My point for this post is I can't get away form the Teblow media hype. During the off season I check this site everyday. Please take a look to see how many "posts" about Timmy there are. Way to MANY!!

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=0

I really don't care what Elway has to say or is doing with Teblow. But I guess Bronco fans might check that site. :) But do they need to know that Teblow needs work as a QB?

All off season will be Teblow this and Teblow that. Please NFL media cool it with Teblow now that he is out of the playoffs! I was ok with it while Timmy was winning a bunch of games and getting to the playoffs to kill the steelers. But now it is over.

Also I am a &%&$*% for posting this and adding to the hype! *%&*$&% ME! :HeadBanger But I neeed to vent. Feel better now thanks.

feltdizz
01-17-2012, 07:24 PM
I didn't post this to keep the hype going on this forum. I'm fascinated by the media/ESPN trying to cash in on the Tebowmania...

I know they asked Elway the question but his answer wasn't a glowing endorsement of Tebow and it was on the Ticker on ESPN all day yesterday.

Is it really breaking news for being named the #1 QB going into camp?

ESPN has their new Favre and I wouldn't be surprised if Tebow is in the studio during the SB or has another commercial during the game.

Dee Dub
01-17-2012, 07:31 PM

Obviously it matters to Elway since he gave a ringing endorsement of Tebow being the #1 QB going into camp.

My comments arent about John Elway. It's about you being wishy-washy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

pick6
01-17-2012, 08:13 PM

[quote=feltdizz]....I'm sorry but I think it's awesome and sad that he is getting so much pub and he averages 9 completions a game.

My comments arent about John Elway. It's about you being wishy-washy. :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote:3f7i9huf]

Actually there's no contradiction here, at all. Felt's first statement is in regard to the horrible hype that Tebow gets even though he sucks, as indicated by routinely completing 9 passes a game.

The second statement is a general statement about winning and it specifically mentions a 12-4 record which is more a sign of team talent and determination.

Winning is a team effort and no one has benefitted more from this than Tebow. They usually won in spite of him not because of him. So in order for this to be wishy washy felt would have to believe that the broncos won games directly due to a guy completing 9 passes. I dont think that is his sentiment.

So Tebow sucks. And that has nothing to do with his ideas about winning. But I do see how this could easily be confused.

hawaiiansteel
01-19-2012, 02:22 AM
Champ Bailey: Tim Tebow has to learn to throw from the pocket

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 18, 2012

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/champtebow.jpg?w=202

Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey says hes behind Tim Tebow as the franchises quarterback of the future. But Bailey says Tebow has to prove that he can be a consistently accurate pocket passer before he removes any doubt about his long-term success as an NFL quarterback.

I think Tim has a lot to prove still, Bailey said today on Jim Rome Is Burning. Hes proven he can win some tough games. Now its just being consistent. One thing about him, hes going to work at it. And Im behind him 100 percent.

Asked if Tebow will ever be a quarterback who stands in the pocket and reads defenses, Bailey said Tebow has no choice in that matter if he wants to make it in the NFL.

I think at some point hell have to be if he wants to play a long time, Bailey said. Thats one area hes going to have to improve to be elite in this league. But the things he does running the ball he can make some throws, its just being comfortable doing it. Hes got to get better at it, and when he does, the skys the limit for him.

Bailey compared Tebow to Steve Young and Michael Vick, athletic quarterbacks who learned how to use their legs and their arms as complementary attributes.

I think at some point hes going to have to improve with his arm, which would make him even more deadly, Bailey said.

So Tebow is set as the franchise quarterback, just as long as he learns how to become a consistent, accurate passer. Which, considering that Tebow finished the season with a league-worst completion rate of 46.5 percent, may not be a sure thing.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... he-pocket/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/18/champ-bailey-tim-tebow-has-to-learn-to-throw-from-the-pocket/)

feltdizz
01-19-2012, 10:38 AM
My comments arent about John Elway. It's about you being wishy-washy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The only thing wishy washy is taking my post from a thread about the Steelers and applying it to the drama that surrounds a QB with 9 completions per game, 32nd QB rating and an offense that has to run 90% of the time because the QB isn't good.