PDA

View Full Version : Which Is Least Repulsive?

flippy
01-16-2012, 11:14 AM
1. Tom Brady winning #4

2. 49ers winning #6

3. Joe Flacco and the rag tag gang of douchers winning the SB

4. Eli winning #2

Every scenario completely and utterly sucks. The only one with a silver lining might be #2. If SF wins #6, the NFL Gods would be interested in seeing a showdown between SF and Pittsburgh for #7.

#4 might be stomachable. Then there'd be a future showdown for supremacy in Ben/Eli's draft class. And it would be nice to see Eli have more rings than his brother. And it might make Pittsburgh remember we need a pass rush to win a SuperBowl. And by that I mean a push with 3-4 guys.

#1 and #3 would make me puke. I don't want to live the rest of my life hearing Tom Brady is the greatest of all time. And re: Joe Flacco, nothing would make me happier than to see Baltimore's D play a great SuperBowl yet lose because Flacco turns the ball over 6 times.

And SF Harbaugh beating Baltimore Harbaugh might feel nice.

Again all these scenarios utterly suck. Is there anything redeeming in any scenario?

Sugar
01-16-2012, 11:22 AM
IMO, the least repulsive is Eli winning #2. The most repulsive is the Ravens winning any more games at all. :ratsuck

RuthlessBurgher
01-16-2012, 11:38 AM
I hate the Rats and Pats.

NFC...NFC...NFC!!! ENN!!! EFF!!! SEE!!!

JAR
01-16-2012, 11:44 AM
It's all disgusting, but the Giants are the least of all evils to me.

SteelBucks
01-16-2012, 11:57 AM
I'm pulling for the Giants...which means they'll lose. 2012 has already been a rough sports year.

feltdizz
01-16-2012, 11:59 AM
I have no problem with Eli winning another SB... especially with the media trying to rip him for having confidence and saying he thinks he is elite when asked.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-16-2012, 12:34 PM
What's wrong with the Giants winning a SB?

The other options are unnacceptable, for reasons already mentioned.

I'm pulling hard for the Giants - they remind me of an NFC version of the Steelers (classy, old-school organization), underdog QB who gets no respect ("he will 'never' be as good as the repulsive (my thoughts) older brother"), and they beat the friggin *s in the season of 18-Doh! What's not to like about their winning this year? :-)

BradshawsHairdresser
01-16-2012, 12:39 PM
I'm hoping for a Giants/Ravens Super Bowl...then hoping the Giants humiliate Ray-Ray and Co.. Something on the order of 35-13.

Unfortunately, I think it will probably end up being 49ers/Patriots. In which case, I'll (painfully) have to root for SF.

7 UP
01-16-2012, 12:44 PM
I rooting for the Giants now. I have no problem with Eli. Maybe in a different year I wouldnt be. But this year, whats the alternative.

I have already decided, if its Harbaugh vs Harbaugh in the Super Bowl Im not watching. And I mean none of it. I will block NFL Network from my TV next Sunday night if it happens. I hate them both. I will not put myself through watching the garbage stories that will be shown for 2 weeks. I chose not to participate.

Dee Dub
01-16-2012, 12:51 PM
Yeah I'm with ya. Giants would be my choice. And I hope they do it again to the Pats.

drprwnap
01-16-2012, 01:41 PM
I rooting for the Giants now. I have no problem with Eli. Maybe in a different year I wouldnt be. But this year, whats the alternative.

I have already decided, if its Harbaugh vs Harbaugh in the Super Bowl Im not watching. And I mean none of it. I will block NFL Network from my TV next Sunday night if it happens. I hate them both. I will not put myself through watching the garbage stories that will be shown for 2 weeks. I chose not to participate.

+1. I will not watch a Hairball Super Bowl - NONE OF IT! :Hater

Ghost
01-16-2012, 01:46 PM
Giants and its not close. The other three choices are all reprehensible.

Mister Pittsburgh
01-16-2012, 01:49 PM
I will pull for the Giants as well. I got no beef with them.

flippy
01-16-2012, 02:00 PM
Are any of you Giants fans bothered by the Eli draft situation? I've despised him since he refused to play for SD.

Kid's got some ego. He and the Manning family act like they're bigger than football pulling that. Just doesn't sit well with me.

fezziwig
01-16-2012, 02:16 PM
I will pull for the Giants as well. I got no beef with them.
:Agree

Sugar
01-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Are any of you Giants fans bothered by the Eli draft situation? I've despised him since he refused to play for SD.

Kid's got some ego. He and the Manning family act like they're bigger than football pulling that. Just doesn't sit well with me.

I cared a little at the time, but that was a long time ago. Eli has established himself as a pro now, so the draft day stuff means very little anymore.

I haven't watched any of the playoffs this year. Some of that has been due to a family situation and some of it has been because I just don't care much for any of the teams left. It's not like there's nothing else to do. I imagine I probably won't watch the SB either, no matter who is playing. I just don't care. :|

fezziwig
01-16-2012, 02:27 PM
Sugar I'm like you because if it's not the Steelers I have little intrest.
The only Super Bowls I have ever watched were when the Steelers were in them.

i watched the Titans/Rams Super Bowl a little because my wife was in the emergency room at the time and it was on the tv there.

One of my friends called me near the end of the Giants/Cheats Super Bowl to tell me to turn on the TV to see the cheats get beat so, I tuned in at the end but, soon enough to watch the cheats get beat and Bellicheat run off the field before the game was over like the cheating little spoiled bum that he is.

I've never watched a college football game in my life.

Va Steelr
01-16-2012, 06:31 PM
Season is over in my house when the Giants lose.Lesser of all evils!!!

Va Steelr
01-16-2012, 06:44 PM
Season is over in my house when the Giants lose.Lesser of all evils!!!

winwithd
01-16-2012, 07:02 PM
If the Rats get to the SB, someone may end up dead.

Nothing would seem more like sweet justice than for Ray Ray to have to retire without ever getting back to the big game.

#4 is clearly the lesser of the evils. I have no problems with Eli having 2 titles. It puts him one up on his arrogant brother. Ben will finish with more rings than any of them anyway.

7 UP
01-16-2012, 07:19 PM

I hear you. But remember Eli and the Giants did end the Pats dream season in 07'. We were all Giants fans on that day. I stopped hating on Eli and the Giants after that game.

tiproast
01-16-2012, 07:32 PM
You guys aren't looking at this correctly.

What I want to see is Ray Lewis and Terrell Suggs going after Rodgers, Brees and Manning in the Pro Bowl.

:D

Steelgal
01-16-2012, 07:47 PM

+1. I will not watch a Hairball Super Bowl - NONE OF IT! :Hater

+2 It would be the first SB since I can remember that I haven't watched.

I also would love it if Eli got 2 SB rings while Peypey only has one. Living in IN, the 'greatness of Peyton' has been nauseating over the years. Great regular season QB, but sux in the playoffs. I don't like how Eli handled the whole draft thing, but other than that I don't have an issue with him.

papillon
01-16-2012, 07:49 PM
You guys aren't looking at this correctly.

What I want to see is Ray Lewis and Terrell Suggs going after Rodgers, Brees and Manning in the Pro Bowl.

:D

Be careful what you ask for you just might get it; the San Fran defense can get after it pretty good. :D

Good luck the rest of the way. It's a great place to be to have your team still playing football in the middle of January.

Pappy

tiproast
01-16-2012, 08:03 PM
Be careful what you ask for you just might get it; the San Fran defense can get after it pretty good. :D

Good luck the rest of the way. It's a great place to be to have your team still playing football in the middle of January.

Pappy
Thanks for the good wishes - It's been a while since my team has played in the AFC championship game.

This version of the Patriots has some obvious flaws; fortunately, all of the other teams left also are flawed.

papillon
01-16-2012, 08:20 PM

Pappy
Thanks for the good wishes - It's been a while since my team has played in the AFC championship game.

This version of the Patriots has some obvious flaws; fortunately, all of the other teams left also are flawed.

That is a fact and in the new NFL not unusual for each team remaining to have a flaw or flaws. TB is going to have to be almost flawless for you guys to win, IMO. The Ravens do three things that win one and done tournament games: ball security, run the ball and play solid defense. The Patriots have ball security, but don't run it very well and the defense has struggled this year. The Patriots are at home and that helps, but I still believe TB will need a quarterback rating over 120 for the Patriots to win.

Regardless, good luck on Sunday, I don't have a dog in the fight or an axe to grind with either team.

Pappy

pick6
01-16-2012, 08:28 PM
1. Tom Brady winning #4

2. 49ers winning #6

3. Joe Flacco and the rag tag gang of douchers winning the SB

4. Eli winning #2

Every scenario completely and utterly sucks. The only one with a silver lining might be #2. If SF wins #6, the NFL Gods would be interested in seeing a showdown between SF and Pittsburgh for #7.

#4 might be stomachable. Then there'd be a future showdown for supremacy in Ben/Eli's draft class. And it would be nice to see Eli have more rings than his brother. And it might make Pittsburgh remember we need a pass rush to win a SuperBowl. And by that I mean a push with 3-4 guys.

#1 and #3 would make me puke. I don't want to live the rest of my life hearing Tom Brady is the greatest of all time. And re: Joe Flacco, nothing would make me happier than to see Baltimore's D play a great SuperBowl yet lose because Flacco turns the ball over 6 times.

And SF Harbaugh beating Baltimore Harbaugh might feel nice.

Again all these scenarios utterly suck. Is there anything redeeming in any scenario?

Another good thread flip.

As I have been saying since the night of the great Collapse, the NYG are our best hope for hving a manageable off season. Not only is #4 the best choice but there is nothing at all repulsive about the gmen winning. Nothing sucks about it . They play real football. They are not a front runners favorite. Eli is nobodys hero boy. The refs give them no love. No douchbags with wrestling belts on the podium. And they saved football as we know it by beating the cheats in the superbowl. Could you imagine living in a world where belisnake and robert GRAFT could say that they had the perfect team. All the while goodall is in ecstacy. The Gmen stopped this from happening. I want a rematch between Ravens and Giants. This is the best scenario. It eliminates Brady from having a chance. I fear that if Brady goes to the superbowl he might be 1 or 10 "judge calls" away from winning it all and that would be devastating. The ravens are the lesser of 2 evils in my opinion. And the Giants winning would eliminate the possibility of 1 of the harkscum brothers. They are real jerks.

AngryAsian
01-17-2012, 12:23 AM
I like Coughlin and the Giants. I think that the team is talented and Eli doesn't have his head up his ass.

RuthlessBurgher
01-17-2012, 11:24 AM

I'm profoundly thankful that Eli was a whiny little bee-yotch on draft day in 2004.

If Eli didn't pout himself out of San Diego, the Giants would have taken Roethlisberger at #4 (they preferred Ben to Phil), and we'd still be stuck with on 4 Super Bowl titles with Phil "Three" Rivers at the helm (Rivers would likely have lots of pretty passing stats without winning anything here, just like in San Diego).

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-17-2012, 12:56 PM
Not just least objectionable, I'll rank them.....

1) Giants - the upset of Eli tying Ben from the '04 class is more than offset by the following: Eli surpassing Peyton and both Ben and Eli being two up on Rivers.

2) '9ers - and this is a very distant #2. SF tying us at 6 trophies is not as bad as watching that dbag Harbaugh hoist it in his first year. Especially on a team that has far surpassed expectations.

3) Pats - Also a great distance between 2 and 3. As much as I hate the coach and the whole cheating thing, I can appreciate what Brady brings. He has been a great QB for many years and is nowhere near as objectionable as Lewis, the whole Ravens organization, and their fans.

4) Moving to China and never hearing the word football again.

5) Ravens

Sugar
01-17-2012, 01:44 PM
I agree w/ TO here. The Ravens winning any more games is the most objectionable.

ikestops85
01-17-2012, 01:44 PM
I'm hoping for a Giants/Ravens Super Bowl...then hoping the Giants humiliate Ray-Ray and Co.. Something on the order of 35-13.

Unfortunately, I think it will probably end up being 49ers/Patriots. In which case, I'll (painfully) have to root for SF.

I'm right with you BHD. The Patriots are the evil empire (sorry Tiproast), I hate the Rats but I do respect their style of play, and I don't want SF to get #6. That leaves the Giants and Eli having more rings than his brother does put a small smile on my face. :) I really don't care whether people think Eli is better than Ben.

fezziwig
01-17-2012, 01:53 PM
I dislike the Harbaughs due to their lack of proffesionalism. You have the one from Baltimore that doesn't lose to teams but, beats themselve. Then you have him act totally unproffesional after the Detroit game.

His brother in SanFran was a cry baby quarterback in my opinion. Good job what he did with his team, a team with pretty good talent on defense, a good runningback and to his or both their credit, who would have thought Alex Smith could have managed them so well ?

The Harbaugh brothers put me in mind of jocks all their life with a bully attitude.

I doubt Mike Singletary could have had his team better than 10-6 this season had he remained the head coach but, Singletary did have all the pieces in place for Harbaugh to get this far.

Probably looking at a Cheats...49'rs Super Bowl with the 9'rs winning it. I do give credit to the Giants that, they can go in to Candlestick and win it.
No matter who wins the NFC the Cheats will lose when it comes down to not having a defense and the opposing defenses breaking one of Bradys nails.

You never know, the Ravens could make it to the Super Bowl too and that with a Giant opponent would be pretty cool and I see the Giants and Eli putting it to Flacco.

I would like to see the Giants win because they remind me a lot of our Steelers.
Would love to see Eli get one more ring than his brother......No malice there but, it would be funny.

RuthlessBurgher
01-17-2012, 02:09 PM
I dislike the Harbaughs due to their lack of proffesionalism. You have the one from Baltimore that doesn't lose to teams but, beats themselve. Then you have him act totally unproffesional after the Detroit game.

That was Jim (SF) who had the post-game spat with the Lions' H.C. Schwartz, not John (BAL). The AFC North did not play the NFC North this season, so the Ravens never played the Lions.

phillyesq
01-17-2012, 02:57 PM
I agree w/ TO here. The Ravens winning any more games is the most objectionable.

This is the answer for me too. I hope the Ravens get knocked out this week. After that, it's close for me. I can't stand either Harbaugh and would have a hard time deciding whether San Fran or New England winning is the lesser of two evils.

By elimination, I suppose that leaves me pulling for the Giants. I've never been an Eli fan, but something about him winning more SBs than his brother kind of works for me.

hawaiiansteel
01-17-2012, 03:46 PM
I've never been an Eli fan, but something about him winning more SBs than his brother kind of works for me.

:Agree

however, if Eli wins another Super Bowl then we'll get all of the articles about how Eli turned out to be better than Philip Rivers (no problem with that argument) and Ben from the 2004 NFL Draft class...

feltdizz
01-17-2012, 04:06 PM

His brother in SanFran was a cry baby quarterback in my opinion. Good job what he did with his team, a team with pretty good talent on defense, a good runningback and to his or both their credit, who would have thought Alex Smith could have managed them so well ?

The Harbaugh brothers put me in mind of jocks all their life with a bully attitude.

I doubt Mike Singletary could have had his team better than 10-6 this season had he remained the head coach but, Singletary did have all the pieces in place for Harbaugh to get this far.

Probably looking at a Cheats...49'rs Super Bowl with the 9'rs winning it. I do give credit to the Giants that, they can go in to Candlestick and win it.
No matter who wins the NFC the Cheats will lose when it comes down to not having a defense and the opposing defenses breaking one of Bradys nails.

You never know, the Ravens could make it to the Super Bowl too and that with a Giant opponent would be pretty cool and I see the Giants and Eli putting it to Flacco.

I would like to see the Giants win because they remind me a lot of our Steelers.
Would love to see Eli get one more ring than his brother......No malice there but, it would be funny.

I can't stand those guys but I like a lot of the players on both teams...

I don't think Singletary would have the 49ers in this position though... I thought he may have something special but I think Singletary is still in player mode.

Shawn
01-17-2012, 05:25 PM
1 and 4. Honestly, I don't have any antimosity towards Brady. He is a top 5 QB...ever and I respect his play. If he earns another ring...good for him. Eli...I have zero reason not to like him or want him to be successful.

As for the 49rs...sorry don't want them to get #6. I like the Steelers living at 6 alone. And the Ravens make me violently ill to my stomach.