PDA

View Full Version : Discount Double Choke!

Jooser
01-15-2012, 08:53 PM
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ed8n317/choke.gif

LMAO!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh yeah, we'll win it all next year too!!!! Suckers!

Steelhere10
01-15-2012, 09:03 PM
I was pulling for GB, so they could whip the AFC. NE/Birds

7 UP
01-15-2012, 09:09 PM
Discount Double Choke. LMFAO!!!!

DukieBoy
01-15-2012, 09:11 PM
Fun to watch.

winwithd
01-15-2012, 09:19 PM
Exposed!!

That defense sucks. They've been living off of turnovers this year. They didn't get them this game or against KC. That game was the best thing to happen this weekend.

I can't believe I am rooting for the Giants. But it would be sickening to see SF Hairball win it. Worse if Belicheat won it. And unbearable to have the Ratturd Hairball win it.

Ratturds really sucked today. The only thing worse was Yates. Go ahead and give the game away. I only saw the last of the 3rd and most of the 4th quarters. I kept waiting for Flunko to give the game away but apparently Yates beat him to it.

I cant believe there was no helmet-to-helmet penalty called on the Rats on that 3 down play early in the 4th when the Texans needed about 12 and got 7. It was a throw toward the sideline to I think Walters. The defender clearly struck the Texans helmet with his a split second after the receiver caught the ball and had NO time to react. And then Bolden slammed the Texan defenders head into the ground with both hands right in front of the ref right before he got off the ground. That crap makes me sick.
No doubt those would have been called on us.

Eddie Spaghetti
01-15-2012, 09:28 PM
where are all of the "experts" who kept saying what a great co-ordinator that dom capers is?

you know who you are.

BURGH86STEEL
01-15-2012, 09:36 PM
Rodgers didn't play his best game. WR drops hurt their offense. Turnovers killed any chance the team had to win the game.

pick6
01-15-2012, 09:48 PM
Could never pull for a front runner that all the announcers, refs, fickle football fans pull for. Remember that 19-0 best team ever crap. How to you have the best team in history when your defense sucks so bad. Did you see the cut backs. Those plays took forever and the pack couldn't stop them, slow as molasses. Great game, good to see all that arrogant talk die. The refs tried there best but it wasn't enough.

NJ-STEELER
01-15-2012, 10:32 PM
WR drops hurt their offense. .
do you mention that when the steeler receivers drop balls when critiquing ben?

he missed a couple throws of his own. the finley one for instance. guy was wide open and he chose to sling it in there and missed. take a little off and finley is still running

grotonsteel
01-15-2012, 10:44 PM
So elite QB, genius OC with help of Refs score 20 points on a Defense which is giving almost 400 yards/game where as average QB playing on one leg along with stupid OC and putrid and injured O-Line on road puts up 23 points.

Hmm..interesting. So grass is not that green on other side after all...

BradshawsHairdresser
01-15-2012, 10:59 PM
where are all of the "experts" who kept saying what a great co-ordinator that dom capers is?

Probably hiding out with all the "experts" who've been saying what a great coordinator LeBeau is.

Eddie Spaghetti
01-15-2012, 11:49 PM
I happen to think he is a great coordinator. He had a bad plan in denver, but you can't discount the job he did this season with all of the injuries that the defense suffered. I can say with absolute certainty his unit outperformed the one on the other side of the ball.

but keep drinking ovi's kool aid, I'm sure it tastes great.

hawaiiansteel
01-16-2012, 02:31 AM
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ed8n317/choke.gif

LMAO!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh yeah, we'll win it all next year too!!!! Suckers!

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/roflmfao.jpg

Jooser
01-16-2012, 05:58 AM
I guess that repeat thingy is a little more difficult than expected.

Woman: Oh, so you're a dancer.

Rogas: No, I'm a QB.

Man: Not next weekend, you're a spectator like me.

Man in window: HEY ROGAS! Discount Double Choke! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

DukieBoy
01-16-2012, 08:53 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :Cheers :tt1
OH, and :ratsuck too !!!

Jooser
01-16-2012, 09:02 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :Cheers :tt1
OH, and :ratsuck too !!!

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/steelers-1.jpghttp://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/losersmiley.gif

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/10.gif

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/z%20Funny%20NBA%20Photos/Funny%20NBA%20Record/Lebron%20James/aka%20big%20choker/lebronjameschoking.gif
For the Greenbay fan at work who Tebowed me all last week. http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/laughatyou.gif

BradshawsHairdresser
01-16-2012, 12:59 PM

That would be a hilarious TV spot! :lol: :lol: :lol:

BradshawsHairdresser
01-16-2012, 01:06 PM
I happen to think he is a great coordinator. He had a bad plan in denver, but you can't discount the job he did this season with all of the injuries that the defense suffered. I can say with absolute certainty his unit outperformed the one on the other side of the ball.

but keep drinking ovi's kool aid, I'm sure it tastes great.

LeBeau has had a great career, no doubt. But over the past few years, he's been in decline, IMO. Did he do some good things this season? Yes. He also faced a whole lot of pretty bad offenses. It isn't about his plan going into the Denver game as much as his failure to make the obvious (and simple) adjustments needed to counter the success the Donks were having. A "great" coordinator would have made those adjustments.

"Cover 0" on the first play of OT...after all the times we'd been burned earlier in the game?
:HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

Dee Dub
01-16-2012, 01:14 PM

you know who you are.

Right here! One season doesnt not make a great or bad coordinator. I think his overall track record speaks for itself. What he did with the Steelers as well as last year with the Packers is pretty great if you ask me.

Dee Dub
01-16-2012, 01:17 PM
Rodgers didn't play his best game. WR drops hurt their offense. Turnovers killed any chance the team had to win the game.

Yeah but dont you know it's all Dom Caper's fault?? The same group of players who stepped up last year for him didnt step up this year for him. So as a result he is a not a great D-coordinator. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eddie Spaghetti
01-16-2012, 02:49 PM
[quote="Eddie Spaghetti":2cc37mg5]where are all of the "experts" who kept saying what a great co-ordinator that dom capers is?

you know who you are.

Right here! One season doesnt not make a great or bad coordinator. I think his overall track record speaks for itself. What he did with the Steelers as well as last year with the Packers is pretty great if you ask me.[/quote:2cc37mg5]

I think lebeaus overall track record speaks for itself as well.

its a shame steeler fans can't see it.

Dee Dub
01-16-2012, 02:59 PM
[quote="Dee Dub":119f7ape][quote="Eddie Spaghetti":119f7ape]where are all of the "experts" who kept saying what a great co-ordinator that dom capers is?

you know who you are.

Right here! One season doesnt not make a great or bad coordinator. I think his overall track record speaks for itself. What he did with the Steelers as well as last year with the Packers is pretty great if you ask me.[/quote:119f7ape]

its a shame steeler fans can't see it.[/quote:119f7ape]

I will never be one who discounts what LeBeau has done for the Steelers. He is truly one of the games greatest. However, over the past two seasons it is clear he has changed. What we know of LeBeau we have not seen scheme wise the past two seasons.

And I for one believe that had Dom Capers had the same defenses (players), that LeBeau has had over the past 8 years, he would have been just as successful. His years as Steeler defensive coordiantor from 1992-1994 are evidence of that.

RuthlessBurgher
01-16-2012, 03:14 PM
Gotta love how some people criticize LeBeau because he has clearly changed over the last few seasons, while others criticize LeBeau because he is so stubbornly devoted to his system and will never ever change. Which is it...should we send him out to pasture because he has changed or because he refuses to change? I'm confused... :?

feltdizz
01-16-2012, 03:47 PM
[quote="Eddie Spaghetti":jxcktwyq][quote="Dee Dub":jxcktwyq][quote="Eddie Spaghetti":jxcktwyq]where are all of the "experts" who kept saying what a great co-ordinator that dom capers is?

you know who you are.

Right here! One season doesnt not make a great or bad coordinator. I think his overall track record speaks for itself. What he did with the Steelers as well as last year with the Packers is pretty great if you ask me.[/quote:jxcktwyq]

its a shame steeler fans can't see it.[/quote:jxcktwyq]

I will never be one who discounts what LeBeau has done for the Steelers. He is truly one of the games greatest. However, over the past two seasons it is clear he has changed. What we know of LeBeau we have not seen scheme wise the past two seasons.

And I for one believe that had Dom Capers had the same defenses (players), that LeBeau has had over the past 8 years, he would have been just as successful. His years as Steeler defensive coordiantor from 1992-1994 are evidence of that.[/quote:jxcktwyq]

Blitz Burgh was new in 92-94... not sure the evidence from back then has anything to do with the GB D of today..

We have LB's but Green Bay has better DB's IMO.

Regardless of the players a coach has to put them in the best situation to succeed and it looks like Capers said "fugh it" this year...

Jooser
01-16-2012, 03:54 PM
Gotta love how some people criticize LeBeau because he has clearly changed over the last few seasons, while others criticize LeBeau because he is so stubbornly devoted to his system and will never ever change. Which is it...should we send him out to pasture because he has changed or because he refuses to change? I'm confused... :?

Discount Double Check Ruthie, Discount Double Check!

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/24.gif

Dee Dub
01-16-2012, 04:15 PM

Well that's what separates me from the rest Ruthless. :wink: You havent heard that garbage from me. I have been consistant in what I have said. Over the past two years Lebeau has gone away from his strength...bringing pressure after the QB. The whole strength of this 3-4 zone blitz is bring his backers after the QB. That has gone a way to a large degree the past two years.

I will concede that not having a cover free safety and using your strong safety up in the box or near the line of scrimmage plays some part in that...but you should live and die with what you are made for. Not by dying with a 3 or 4 man pass rush and still watching opposing receivers beat your secondary.

Dee Dub
01-16-2012, 04:18 PM
[quote="Eddie Spaghetti":2q4dn2fp][quote="Dee Dub":2q4dn2fp][quote="Eddie Spaghetti":2q4dn2fp]where are all of the "experts" who kept saying what a great co-ordinator that dom capers is?

you know who you are.

Right here! One season doesnt not make a great or bad coordinator. I think his overall track record speaks for itself. What he did with the Steelers as well as last year with the Packers is pretty great if you ask me.

its a shame steeler fans can't see it.[/quote:2q4dn2fp]

And I for one believe that had Dom Capers had the same defenses (players), that LeBeau has had over the past 8 years, he would have been just as successful. His years as Steeler defensive coordiantor from 1992-1994 are evidence of that.[/quote:2q4dn2fp]

Blitz Burgh was new in 92-94... ...[/quote:2q4dn2fp]

What does that mean? The 3-4 zone blitz wasnt new in 92. It started along time before that.

feltdizz
01-16-2012, 04:47 PM
What does that mean? The 3-4 zone blitz wasnt new in 92. It started along time before that.

It was new to us in 92 when Dom Capers took over...

interesting read....

Inside the zone blitz: LeBeau and Capers help modernize NFL defense

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/w ... z1jejlxegq (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/tim_layden/01/31/zone-blitz/index.html#ixzz1jejlxegq)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/tim_layden/01/31/zone-blitz/index.html

...In '92, Kansas City Chiefs defensive coordinator Bill Cowher was brought to Pittsburgh as head coach, and Cowher hired Capers as his defensive coordinator and then brought in none other than Dick LeBeau to coach his secondary, after LeBeau had been ousted in Cincinnati with head coach Wyche.

The two Buckeyes, Capers and LeBeau, put their heads and their experience together. "Dick had done more zone blitzing than I had," recalls Capers. "But I had done some too. We started talking, and it was really pretty exciting."

Less exciting was the Steelers' personnel. Pittsburgh had gone 7-9 the previous year. "Our pass rushers were not nearly as good as what we had in New Orleans," says Capers. "Three quarters of the way through that first season, we only had 19 sacks. We just weren't getting to the quarterback enough. It reached the point, late in that season, where Dick and I just said to each other, 'We've got to do something X's and O's-wise because our front seven guys are just not beating people one-on-one.'

"If you looked at our secondary," Capers continues, "we had some pretty good guys back there -- Rod Woodson, Carnell Lake. So in the latter part of the season we started mixing in some zone pressures and getting more pressure on the quarterback. The secondary responded well, and the guys up front loved it because it was aggressive." The Steelers improved so significantly down the stretch that year, en route to an 11--5 record, that they finished No. 2 in the league in scoring defense.

In the offseason Capers and LeBeau committed totally to the zone blitz, hence giving birth to the nickname Blitz-burgh Steelers. The Steelers also added outside linebacker Kevin Greene and inside linebacker Chad Brown, upgrading their front seven.

Says Capers, "That second year we ended up doing a lot of zone pressuring. We started doing things like having a lineman step forward to occupy a blocker and then dropping back into coverage. And we found that offenses started to play us differently. Their linemen couldn't be as aggressive because they just didn't know if our guys were coming. So much of football is mental, and if you can make an offensive line passive, that's half the battle. Then if you can confuse them by dropping guys out into pass coverage when they think they're going to pass-rush, that's another big part of it."

Those seasons in the early '90s established the Steelers' defensive reputation that has lived on for nearly two decades. As a team the Steelers ascended through the postseason, from a playoff loss in the '93 season to a conference championship loss to the Chargers in '94 to a Super Bowl loss to the Cowboys ending the '95 season. "We jumped off the diving board with the zone blitz in Pittsburgh," says LeBeau. "And it turns out we could swim pretty well."

feltdizz
01-16-2012, 04:55 PM
kind of odd/funny to give Dom Capers all that credit when both he and Lebeau came up with Blitzburgh back in 91/92

Dee Dub
01-16-2012, 05:39 PM
kind of odd/funny to give Dom Capers all that credit when both he and Lebeau came up with Blitzburgh back in 91/92

What are you talking about? Who said Capers gets all the credit for the 3-4 zone blitz? I said that it was in the NFL long before 1992. I think you should read up on your history. Bill Arnsparger of the Dolphins was running that as early as 1971.

NJ-STEELER
01-16-2012, 06:08 PM
http://px9.funformobile.com/d/169/61/1fjdcjav7c/bolrydblech.gif

hawaiiansteel
01-16-2012, 06:32 PM
about a week or so ago I actually heard a couple of the ESPN "talking heads" discussing whether these Packers were the greatest team ever.

thank goodness that talk can stop... :roll:

BradshawsHairdresser
01-16-2012, 08:15 PM
about a week or so ago I actually heard a couple of the ESPN "talking heads" discussing whether these Packers were the greatest team ever.

Well, this week they'll be discussing whether Brady is the greatest QB ever.

Hope that talk gets put to a stop, too.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-17-2012, 11:45 AM

As much as I hate to hear about it, at least it is a topic that can be discussed. The Green Bay talk - a wild card champion one year and worst D in the league the next - should not have been on the radar even if they did somehow manage to win it this year.

Sugar
01-17-2012, 01:58 PM

Brady is already in that discussion. While no one will ever confuse me for a Pat's fan, I gotta give some love for the UM Boy who defied the odds. I have mad respect for a guy that is told that he'll never be anything in the NFL and then shoving championships and stat bombs in their critics faces.

Add to that, I appreciate a jock with some actual fashion sense! :wink:

RuthlessBurgher
01-17-2012, 02:05 PM

http://media.whosay.com/56996/1/56996_la.jpg

:?

Sugar
01-17-2012, 02:32 PM

http://media.whosay.com/56996/1/56996_la.jpg

:?

You don't see too many jocks doing ads for non-sports related clothing too often in fashionable pubs like Details, GQ, etc. Yes, I know there was Favre doing Wrangler...

Jooser
01-17-2012, 06:02 PM
http://px9.funformobile.com/d/169/61/1fjdcjav7c/bolrydblech.gif

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/amazed.gif

DukieBoy
01-17-2012, 10:31 PM
http://www.sportspickle.com/embed/9507/ ... l-playoffs (http://www.sportspickle.com/embed/9507/drunk-sobbing-packers-fan-is-the-highlight-of-the-nfl-playoffs)

fordfixer
01-18-2012, 02:53 AM
You don't see too many jocks doing ads for non-sports related clothing too often in fashionable pubs like Details, GQ, etc. Yes, I know there was Favre doing Wrangler...

Don't forget this one

[youtube:1vrezq60]<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qf3oOQq9KFU&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qf3oOQq9KFU&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>[/youtube:1vrezq60]

Scarletfire1970
01-18-2012, 08:54 AM
http://www.sportspickle.com/embed/9507/drunk-sobbing-packers-fan-is-the-highlight-of-the-nfl-playoffs
Pretty funny. LOL