PDA

View Full Version : The fix is in.. Here is your SB participants.

Steelhere10
01-15-2012, 06:32 PM
With Levy officiating crew, plus the already bad call.
Your SB teams will be exactly what the NFL wants...
Pack vs NE

BURGH86STEEL
01-15-2012, 06:35 PM
If it's rigged why watch? Better to give up the sport if it's fixed.

feltdizz
01-15-2012, 07:04 PM

It's football... the plays aren't scripted but that fumble :stirpot

Steelgal
01-15-2012, 07:41 PM
Hubby is a Packers fan and was shocked it didn't get overturned.

pick6
01-15-2012, 07:59 PM

The refs are trying but there is only so much they can here comes a fake holding as we speak first play of drive on #76 Snead. Totally fake, pack doing much worse. Im watching to see the gmen overcome the pack, the road, and the refs. 3 and out all because of fake call.

Steelgal
01-15-2012, 08:02 PM
I actually think Goodell would like to see a harbaugh brothers SB. Call me crazy, but I just get a feeling it could happen. That might be the first SB that I don't watch.

Ghost
01-15-2012, 08:34 PM
Probably too little, too late but the roughing the passer call was beyond ridiculous. "blow to the head" is what the ref said even though it flat out did not happen. Calls like that make you think...

Steelhere10
01-15-2012, 08:35 PM
Fake blow to the head on QB. But with turnovers, dropped passes, bad passes, bad onside kick and questionable 4th down attempt ... It's only so much the refs can do.

feltdizz
01-15-2012, 08:43 PM
I don't think the refs are trying to give the game to GB with the fumble call.... I think it was more about keeping people from turning from a blowout.

BURGH86STEEL
01-15-2012, 08:45 PM

The refs are trying but there is only so much they can here comes a fake holding as we speak first play of drive on #76 Snead. Totally fake, pack doing much worse. Im watching to see the gmen overcome the pack, the road, and the refs. 3 and out all because of fake call.

Why do people watch the games if they believed they are fixed? Don't people have better things to do with their time? I'd give up on sports if I believed the games are fixed. I have better things to do with my time.

Bad & questionable calls happen all season long. Judgement calls are judgement calls by refs. Refs are human. They are not going to get every call correct.

Do you believe Seahawks fans were correct when they said the refs gave the Steelers SBXL?

Steelhere10
01-15-2012, 08:56 PM

Why do people watch the games if they believed they are fixed? Don't people have better things to do with their time? I'd give up on sports if I believed the games are fixed. I have better things to do with my time.

Bad & questionable calls happen all season long. Judgement calls are judgement calls by refs. Refs are human. They are not going to get every call correct.

Do you believe Seahawks fans were correct when they said the refs gave the Steelers SBXL?So you don't think refs are bought sometimes... Lol i guess that fuss about the ref that happened in the NBA years ago was a dream, and a isolated case... :stirpot OK.

Steelhere10
01-15-2012, 09:01 PM
Also , let me clarify .
Do i think most games are bought ? NO
Do i think the NFL prefer certain teams to play in the SB ? YES
Do i think the Mob and Bookies are involved sometimes ? Yes
When money is involved whether it's profit or through bets you better believe there are sometimes shady dealings.

Steeler Shades
01-15-2012, 09:21 PM
Your SB teams will be exactly what the NFL wants...
Pack vs NE
Another conspiracy theorist and theory bites the dust. 8)

BURGH86STEEL
01-15-2012, 09:26 PM

Do you believe Seahawks fans were correct when they said the refs gave the Steelers SBXL?So you don't think refs are bought sometimes... Lol i guess that fuss about the ref that happened in the NBA years ago was a dream, and a isolated case... :stirpot OK.

I can imagine that one ref can get out of line. Sometimes suggest there is a huge problem. I don't believe there is a huge problem. Citing one example out of thousands isn't convincing. I believe it's very difficult to get out of line because of the scrutiny refs are under. I am pretty sure they get background checks before they can become refs. I believe refs are investigated by the league and possibly the government at intervals.

To suggest that there is a grand conspiracy to fix games is ridiculous. Something on that scale will ruin the NFL.

IMO this issue goes back to fans perspective and what they don't want to see happen. Fans don't want to see the Pats in the SB. So obviously the game is fixed to put the Pats in the SB.

I am not a naive person by any stretch. I'm just glad I don't watch sports believing games are fixed. I realize refs are human and will always make mistakes.

Why do you watch a sport that is fixed sometimes? I gave up WWF a long time ago.

pick6
01-15-2012, 10:10 PM

Do you believe Seahawks fans were correct when they said the refs gave the Steelers SBXL?

Good points. I don't think the games are flat out fixed but you can't help but notice how some teams get most of the borderline calls, the vast majority of the time. Some qbs can not be touched and some qbs you can literally break their nose and there will be no call. As for the Seahawks of course I'm biased but the only questionable call for me was the Ben running TD. But it was called TD on the field. Hard to overturn. The off. PI in the endzone was a great call. The colts (w/manning), cheats, pack, and saints get some crazy calls it seems. And its always like this even in the regular season.

You can't mess up that fumble by Jennings. First the liar Levy overturned the original fumble call on the field. This is blatant. Why overturn the call when you know it will be reviewed anyway? Well the low life did this because he knew that whatever call on the field could be more easily upheld because it was kind of close. Very sneaky.

fezziwig
01-16-2012, 11:53 AM
To me the refs wanted the Packers to win. I'm seeing the Packs offensive linemen putting hands to the face, holding, receivers pushing off but yet, not one flag thrown.

My hat off to the Giants and Eli Manning. I hope they win it all.

feltdizz
01-16-2012, 12:13 PM

I can imagine that one ref can get out of line. Sometimes suggest there is a huge problem. I don't believe there is a huge problem. Citing one example out of thousands isn't convincing. I believe it's very difficult to get out of line because of the scrutiny refs are under. I am pretty sure they get background checks before they can become refs. I believe refs are investigated by the league and possibly the government at intervals.

To suggest that there is a grand conspiracy to fix games is ridiculous. Something on that scale will ruin the NFL.

IMO this issue goes back to fans perspective and what they don't want to see happen. Fans don't want to see the Pats in the SB. So obviously the game is fixed to put the Pats in the SB.

I am not a naive person by any stretch. I'm just glad I don't watch sports believing games are fixed. I realize refs are human and will always make mistakes.

Why do you watch a sport that is fixed sometimes? I gave up WWF a long time ago.

I disagree with this... I don't think fans believe refs put grease on the footballs or trip players but some of the calls are so bad you have to question the integrity of the game.

You really have to question how a ref changes the call on the field, has replay to help him out and still makes the incorrect call.

When Mike Peara disagrees with the call on the field you know something is wrong with the ref who made the call.

I don't think people go in with the thinking that the game will be fixed... we watch hoping the refs won't get in the way and when they do and the call is that bad what are we to think?

How can a ref blow a replay call of an obvious fumble?

I'm still scratching my head over the Sand Diego TD that Troy had wiped off on the last play in that 11-10 game in 2008.

I'll also say this about the Seahags SB. If the table's were turned and we were the recipient of those calls and we lost 99% of Steeler fans would still be complaining about the refs.

Most fans still think O'Donnell was paid off... :wink:

DukieBoy
01-17-2012, 10:46 PM
http://www.sportspickle.com/embed/9507/ ... l-playoffs (http://www.sportspickle.com/embed/9507/drunk-sobbing-packers-fan-is-the-highlight-of-the-nfl-playoffs)

fezziwig
01-18-2012, 12:28 PM
Maybe her and the Giant fan can hook up ?

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
01-18-2012, 03:17 PM
Do i think the Mob and Bookies are involved sometimes ? Yes
When money is involved whether it's profit or through bets you better believe there are sometimes shady dealings.

My guess is most of the money came down on the gmen plus the points. While I don't think the games are c ompletely rigged I am of the opinion that the bookies must NEVER lose. The line can be pushed to one end or the other and that is where the shade creeps in. I suspect the refs are not there to swing the game in anyones favor except the bookmakers. Not rigged per saybut "influenced"...

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
01-18-2012, 03:24 PM
I'm still scratching my head over the Sand Diego TD that Troy had wiped off on the last play in that 11-10 game in 2008.

To my previous point the spread was Steelers -5, I believe. Steelers cover if the TD stands, check the money.

Most fans still think O'Donnell was paid off... :wink:
Count me among the haters!

ter1230_4
01-18-2012, 05:05 PM
feltdizz wrote:

To my previous point the spread was Steelers -5, I believe. Steelers cover if the TD stands, check the money.

I was at that game in 2008, and there is absolutely no question that it was fixed by the Refs. First let me say that I did not have any noney on the game, so my opinion is not tainted by that kind of self-interest. I believe the Steelers were 4 to 4 1/2 point favorites, not 5 points. 13 penalties were called against the Steelers and only 1 was called against the Chargers (a second totally bogus penalty was called on the Polamalu TD return). The Chargers only TD was set up by a phantom pass interference call, and every time the Steelers got any kind of drive going on offense they had a holding call against them. Finally, with the score 10-8 in favor of the Chargers and less than 30 seconds remaining in the game, the Steelers drove down to the Chargers 10 yard line. It looked like the Steelers were just going to settle for the game winning FG (which would not have sufficed to cover the spread), but then Willie Parker took a pitchout around the left end in for a TD (which would have covered the spread with the extra point). The official on the far side all of a sudden started running like crazy and heaved a flag -- Another holding call! Seriously, the ref that made that call was the entire width of the field away from the play. So the Steelers kicked the FG and took an 11-10 lead.

At that point the refs had to be quite content with themselves. The better team that day would win the game but would fail to cover the spread. Then the Chargers tried the whole lateral thing on the last play of the game, Troy blew it up grabbed the ball and took it into the end zone for a TD. I have been watching NFL football for more than 40 years, and that was absolutely, completely, unequivocally a Touchdown. And the Steelers had covered the spread. But wait, the Refs decide to review the play. After telling the world that the play was upheld after review, the Refs then huddled again. Finally, almost 10 miinutes after the play ended they announced that there had been an illegal forward pass, by rule the ball was dead, so the TD didn't count. As soon as I heard them say that I knew they were wromg. They did too. But they were not leaving that field until the TD was taken off the board.

Turns out that it was estimated that it would have cost the legal books nearly $50 million if the Steelers had covered that spread. Never mind how much it would have cost the illegal books. Anyone who thinks that NFL games cannot be fixed when there is that much money at stake is foolish.

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
01-18-2012, 05:39 PM
[quote="_SteeL_CurtaiN_":39ceiu1p]feltdizz wrote:

I was at that game in 2008, and there is absolutely no question that it was fixed by the Refs. First let me say that I did not have any noney on the game, so my opinion is not tainted by that kind of self-interest. I believe the Steelers were 4 to 4 1/2 point favorites, not 5 points. 13 penalties were called against the Steelers and only 1 was called against the Chargers (a second totally bogus penalty was called on the Polamalu TD return). The Chargers only TD was set up by a phantom pass interference call, and every time the Steelers got any kind of drive going on offense they had a holding call against them. Finally, with the score 10-8 in favor of the Chargers and less than 30 seconds remaining in the game, the Steelers drove down to the Chargers 10 yard line. It looked like the Steelers were just going to settle for the game winning FG (which would not have sufficed to cover the spread), but then Willie Parker took a pitchout around the left end in for a TD (which would have covered the spread with the extra point). The official on the far side all of a sudden started running like crazy and heaved a flag -- Another holding call! Seriously, the ref that made that call was the entire width of the field away from the play. So the Steelers kicked the FG and took an 11-10 lead.

At that point the refs had to be quite content with themselves. The better team that day would win the game but would fail to cover the spread. Then the Chargers tried the whole lateral thing on the last play of the game, Troy blew it up grabbed the ball and took it into the end zone for a TD. I have been watching NFL football for more than 40 years, and that was absolutely, completely, unequivocally a Touchdown. And the Steelers had covered the spread. But wait, the Refs decide to review the play. After telling the world that the play was upheld after review, the Refs then huddled again. Finally, almost 10 miinutes after the play ended they announced that there had been an illegal forward pass, by rule the ball was dead, so the TD didn't count. As soon as I heard them say that I knew they were wromg. They did too. But they were not leaving that field until the TD was taken off the board.

Turns out that it was estimated that it would have cost the legal books nearly $50 million if the Steelers had covered that spread. Never mind how much it would have cost the illegal books. Anyone who thinks that NFL games cannot be fixed when there is that much money at stake is foolish.[/quote:39ceiu1p]

Exactley what I was saying above, believe it folks.

ikestops85
01-18-2012, 06:45 PM
[quote="_SteeL_CurtaiN_":1d0z2983]feltdizz wrote:

Turns out that it was estimated that it would have cost the legal books nearly $50 million if the Steelers had covered that spread. Never mind how much it would have cost the illegal books. Anyone who thinks that NFL games cannot be fixed when there is that much money at stake is foolish.[/quote:1d0z2983]

I was in Vegas watching that game at the Venetian. I thought there was going to be a riot in the sports betting room when they took that TD off the board. Luckily I don't bet on Steeler games ... well, not serious money anyway. :D

fezziwig
01-18-2012, 07:32 PM
I too was wondering about the points taking off the board with Troy.

Can someone refresh my memory with the Steelers and Cowboys last Super Bowl ?
What was the final score and what was the point spread ?

I'm a bit foggy about it all but, this is what I remember. The Cowboys were favored by 12 to win that game.

I remember my brother saying, he picked this or that because, no way the Cowboys will put up that many points on our Steelers defense but if I recall, the Cowboys ended up doing what, was good for the spread. It's been a long time and we were all heavily drinking at the time.

feltdizz
01-18-2012, 09:53 PM
The San Diego game in 2008 was classic point shaving by the refs.

I don't remember all the penalties but I do remember the phantom holding call on the Parker TD.

When Troy scooped up the fubmle and scored I told my wife they would wipe it off because it was obvious the fix was in. I don't care who you are or what you believe. There is no explanation for that call.

Looking at the fumble in the GB game I can't buy the ref making a mistake or being off his game. There is no way a professional in the NFL misses a call like that after looking at replay.