PDA

View Full Version : 32nd D... 1st with the Refs

feltdizz
01-15-2012, 06:32 PM
Maybe this is why bad defenses are #1 seeds. Even Mike Peiara (sp) said it was a fumble. Refs also did a job on the Giants in the first game they played.

Disgusting :HeadBanger

SteelCrazy
01-15-2012, 06:50 PM
Even Mike Peiara (sp) said it was a fumble.

It's pretty sad when Mike Peiara has to disagree with the refs.......HE NEVER DOES! (rare)

SteelCrazy
01-15-2012, 06:54 PM
Waiting for Leavy to change the ruling on the field on Kuhn's fumble and why did Rolle abandon all that blocking to his left?

pick6
01-15-2012, 07:45 PM
The refs are horrible. The holding that is not being called against the packers. The NFL is under attack. The are trying to turn our game into WWF wrestling where we nknow the eventual outcome.

ps. I was thinking the same thing about Rolle not following the convoy.

pick6
01-15-2012, 08:28 PM
I love it. Gmen last hope. down with raven, cheats, and harbaughs niners. Just because harbaugh is an ahole like his bro. great weekend in football. A frontrunner, bandwagoners nightmare.

Ghost
01-15-2012, 08:37 PM
How do the refs justify the non fumble call. Insane. Add the roughing the passer as another ridiculous call. No where near hitting Rodgers in the head. An embarrassment to the NFL.

DukieBoy
01-15-2012, 08:40 PM
How do the refs justify the non fumble call. Insane. Add the roughing the passer as another ridiculous call. No where near hitting Rodgers in the head. An embarrassment to the NFL.

Roughing the passer call reminds me of the ref pulling the flag out of his pocket before James Harrison ever hit Fitzpatrick.

pick6
01-15-2012, 08:40 PM
Levy is a piece of dishonest trash.

DukieBoy
01-15-2012, 08:50 PM
Eli is a talented QB, now mature, steady, balanced, humble, confident. He kept the Giants afloat when the team was floundering. He deserves consideration for MVP. The flashy go-for-broke QBs are falling by the wayside this year.

Mister Pittsburgh
01-16-2012, 01:37 PM
Funny how Eli seems to have grown each season where Ben is still the same QB he was in his second year. Do the G-Men have better offensive weapons then us? Is Cruz-Nicks-Manningham superior to WAllace-Brown-Sanders?

NJ-STEELER
01-16-2012, 02:27 PM
Funny how Eli seems to have grown each season where Ben is still the same QB he was in his second year. Do the G-Men have better offensive weapons then us? Is Cruz-Nicks-Manningham superior to WAllace-Brown-Sanders?

yes they are better. mostly due to nicks, a true #1 type receiver.

i look at our guys as almost perfect #2's (wally/AB) no one on this corps scores like nicks did on his 1st TD yesterday. (or the long one vs. atanta last week) heck, i've seen wallace get pull down from behind by a defender grabbing his jersey by the waist

as far as eli growing every year. umm, he's grown this year for sure and playing the best of his career. the last 3 years he didnt do much growing. i know plenty of giants fans that were unsure about him

Steelgal
01-16-2012, 05:42 PM
Several NFL talk-show hosts have been talking about the horrible calls yesterday in the Giants/Pack game. I've heard them blasting Levy on Mike & Mike, Colin Cowherd, and 2 shows on Sirius NFL radio. They are talking about 3 very bad calls, two of which led to GB TDs, the fumble-that wasn't by Jennings and a 15 yard personal foul penalty for hitting Rodgers in the head by Osi. The third bad call was where they spotted the ball. Several callers to the radio stations were talking 'conspiracy theory', but that was shot down.

feltdizz
01-16-2012, 06:28 PM
I don't think Eli has grown as a QB that much... He has always been pretty good but most fans give him a hard time due to his last name.

feltdizz
01-16-2012, 06:33 PM
Several NFL talk-show hosts have been talking about the horrible calls yesterday in the Giants/Pack game. I've heard them blasting Levy on Mike & Mike, Colin Cowherd, and 2 shows on Sirius NFL radio. They are talking about 3 very bad calls, two of which led to GB TDs, the fumble-that wasn't by Jennings and a 15 yard personal foul penalty for hitting Rodgers in the head by Osi. The third bad call was where they spotted the ball. Several callers to the radio stations were talking 'conspiracy theory', but that was shot down.
It's not a conspiracy because they lost. If GB won it would probably be one of the worst calls in sports since the tuck rule.

steelz09
01-16-2012, 08:23 PM
I mean .. how can the refs NOT call that a fumble. I don't get it. There was nothing, absolutely nothing that was shown which would indicate it NOT being a fumble.

Scarletfire1970
01-17-2012, 06:45 AM
I don't think Eli has grown as a QB that much... He has always been pretty good but most fans give him a hard time due to his last name.Then you don't watch him play much. He has been more accurate and consistent this year then he has ever been in his career.

feltdizz
01-17-2012, 09:46 AM
I don't think Eli has grown as a QB that much... He has always been pretty good but most fans give him a hard time due to his last name.Then you don't watch him play much. He has been more accurate and consistent this year then he has ever been in his career.

I watch them enough to know Victor Cruz and Hakeem Nicks are taking 10 yard passes and turning them into 75 yard TD's.

Eli has always been a good QB... fans just hold him to a higher standard due to his last name.

Ben would "grow" to be a whole new QB if he had WR's who fought for the ball at it's highest point and broke tackles after the catch.

I can't remember the last time a WR broke a tackle on the Steelers. Probably the Hines TD catch in 2005 vs the Bears.

feltdizz
01-17-2012, 09:49 AM
I mean .. how can the refs NOT call that a fumble. I don't get it. There was nothing, absolutely nothing that was shown which would indicate it NOT being a fumble.

:Agree

I could see if it wasn't reviewable or we didn't have replay but there is no excuse for that call.

I think people lie to themselves about the refs because they don't want to believe refs could taint the game.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-17-2012, 12:03 PM
Something that I found funny about the commentary was the excuse making for Rodgers. I kept hearing them talk about the number of dropped passes, I think that 8 was the number given. Then they show some of these and you see the receiver (Finley I think) laid out in a dive and the ball glancing off of his fingertips as an example of a dropped ball. I didn't watch much of the game but I saw many more examples of the best QB in the league missing his receivers than anything.

The other great excuse was that he was out of sync because he sat out week 17. Ben misses practice all week with ankle sprains and broken thumbs but plays on Sundays. I'd say that is much more difficult than practicing all week but missing one game.

steelblood
01-17-2012, 01:03 PM
[quote="Mister Pittsburgh":3ecbb8z9]Funny how Eli seems to have grown each season where Ben is still the same QB he was in his second year. Do the G-Men have better offensive weapons then us? Is Cruz-Nicks-Manningham superior to WAllace-Brown-Sanders?

yes they are better. mostly due to nicks, a true #1 type receiver.

i look at our guys as almost perfect #2's (wally/AB) no one on this corps scores like nicks did on his 1st TD yesterday. (or the long one vs. atanta last week) heck, i've seen wallace get pull down from behind by a defender grabbing his jersey by the waist

as far as eli growing every year. umm, he's grown this year for sure and playing the best of his career. the last 3 years he didnt do much growing. i know plenty of giants fans that were unsure about him[/quote:3ecbb8z9]

I think I agree.

Manningham and Sanders are very similar players. I'd take Manningham though because he has produced more.

Nicks and Wallace are very different. Wallace has more speed, but Nicks is a complete receiver with enough speed to get deep. Nicks is also a good red zone guy.

I love Antonio Brown. He may be my favorite Steeler. But, I'm not sure how you can claim that he is better than Victor Cruz. Cruz is faster and bigger. Brown may be more elusive/quick than Cruz. Brown may also be a better possession receiver.

I'd give the Giants a slight edge.

ikestops85
01-17-2012, 01:25 PM

I watch them enough to know Victor Cruz and Hakeem Nicks are taking 10 yard passes and turning them into 75 yard TD's.

Eli has always been a good QB... fans just hold him to a higher standard due to his last name.

Ben would "grow" to be a whole new QB if he had WR's who fought for the ball at it's highest point and broke tackles after the catch.

I can't remember the last time a WR broke a tackle on the Steelers. Probably the Hines TD catch in 2005 vs the Bears.

They may not break a lot of tackles but the move AB put on Joe Haden to take it to the house in the Cleveland game this year was one of the best of all times. Haden still hasn't found his jock lying somewhere in Heinz Field. :D

I must say that I have never been a big Eli fan. He's always seemed so, well, wimpy to me but this year he has come into his own. His 4th quarter rating in games this year is off the charts. I never thought he had it in him.

feltdizz
01-17-2012, 02:26 PM

They may not break a lot of tackles but the move AB put on Joe Haden to take it to the house in the Cleveland game this year was one of the best of all times. Haden still hasn't found his jock lying somewhere in Heinz Field. :D

I must say that I have never been a big Eli fan. He's always seemed so, well, wimpy to me but this year he has come into his own. His 4th quarter rating in games this year is off the charts. I never thought he had it in him.

:Agree hopefully we will see more of that from AB next year...

I think Eli gets called wimpy/soft because of the Manning face...

RuthlessBurgher
01-17-2012, 02:41 PM
I think Eli gets called wimpy/soft because of the Manning face...

http://manningface.s3.amazonaws.com/images/1322547282_eli_peyton.jpg
http://manningface.s3.amazonaws.com/images/1169924803_eli_peyton.jpghttp://manningface.s3.amazonaws.com/images/1169924722_eli_peyton.jpg
http://manningface.s3.amazonaws.com/images/1322547471_bros.jpg

feltdizz
01-17-2012, 03:02 PM
Damn.. did they both lose the game? :oops:

NJ-STEELER
01-18-2012, 11:52 PM

didnt haden lose his footing as well?

nice move and all, but if he doesnt slip on the heinz slop...would he have scored?

hawaiiansteel
01-19-2012, 12:50 AM
McCarthy says Packers tackling must improve

Posted by Mike Florio on January 18, 2012

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/mccarthy.jpg?w=250

The 49ers have gotten to where they are right now (i.e., the NFC title game) in part because of their ability to tackle. The Packers have gotten to where they are right now (i.e., home) because, in the opinion of their head coach, of their inability to tackle.

“The tackling just was not there all year,” McCarthy said in press conference to end the season, via the Associated Press. “Without getting into the specific statistics, we did not tackle well enough as a football team, from start to finish. It’s something that’s emphasized every single day in practice and something that [defensive coordinator] Dom [Capers] and I talked a lot about today.”

The team made it to 15-1 despite the tackling issues. But that wasn’t enough to secure a home playoff win.

“Our football team will improve,” McCarthy said. “I believe in what our coaching staff gives us during the offseason program. History reflects that, and we will be adding another significant draft class to this football team. So as far as free agency, veteran free agency and all of that, those are really hypothetical situations. I’m sure it’s fun for everybody to play G.M. But we’ll go through the process like we always do.”

Though plenty of Packers fans expected another Super Bowl win, the best news is that the team will continue to be competitive for as long as Aaron Rodgers is the team’s quarterback. That’s all any team can hope for — to be in the mix every year.

While that may not make Packers fans feel any better about a season of unfulfilled expectations, they’ll rediscover their optimism when everyone’s record re-sets to 0-0.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... t-improve/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/18/mccarthy-says-packers-tackling-must-improve/)