PDA

View Full Version : The Case For Rooting For Baltimore

flippy
01-12-2012, 02:52 PM
Nothing would make the Steelers madder than the Ravens winning the SuperBowl. I think they need some extra motivation to be better in the offseason. The Ravens winning it all could be that catalyst to our return to greatness.

JAR
01-12-2012, 03:00 PM
No, I want to see this..

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/66149_1786557943661_1230911477_2135216_719617_n.jp g

and this

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd197/Westeri/Comedy/raylewis.jpg

and this

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KQ_WiuHCvW4/TqgmOWz1K6I/AAAAAAAACWk/xrcxUtwMPuI/s1600/Pittsburgh%252BSteelers%252Bv%252BBaltimore%252BRa vens%252B7AvT_A-vKFWl.jpg

and this

http://www.joncouture.com/DivFan01.jpg

and this

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_fHn-jgdR1SE/SUc-jmN9DSI/AAAAAAAAAi0/22PBD4o7xK0/s400/Ravens+fans.jpg

and this

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/1123/nfl_a_jflacco_dj_300.jpg

:ratsuck

rpmpit
01-12-2012, 03:13 PM
No. I can't imagine seeing those azzwipes (Harbough being the #1 azzwipe) winning a Super Bowl.

If it were them or the Pats, I'd have to say them. But pretty much anyone else would be fine with me.

If the Steelers don't already realize they have to get better...they never will.

Nice post JAR!!! :tt1

SteelBucks
01-12-2012, 04:00 PM
Sorry, nothing good can come from a Ravens win.....absolutely nothing.

:ratsuck :ratsuck :ratsuck :ratsuck :ratsuck :ratsuck :ratsuck :ratsuck

feltdizz
01-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Besides the coach I don't really mind the Ravens... they play our brand of football and most players respect each other as athletes.

Steelgal
01-12-2012, 05:33 PM
I was hoping this was some sort of joke when I read the title. I'm sorry but there is ZERO way I root for the Rats or the Pats*. Either of them winning the SB would make me ill.

Lebsteel
01-12-2012, 05:40 PM
Nothing would make the Steelers madder than the Ravens winning the SuperBowl. I think they need some extra motivation to be better in the offseason. The Ravens winning it all could be that catalyst to our return to greatness.
Would that make them get rid of Arians? Hmmm....maybe it's worth considering. NAHHH...I can't root for the Ravens...just can't do it. If it comes down to the Pats vs. the Ravens, I will root for the UGH!! I can't say it....let's say I will root for the Ravens NOT to win.

phillyesq
01-12-2012, 05:42 PM
I was hoping this was some sort of joke when I read the title. I'm sorry but there is ZERO way I root for the Rats or the Pats*. Either of them winning the SB would make me ill.

:Agree

winwithd
01-12-2012, 08:00 PM
Rats or Patsies in SB is the only way I could ever root for GB.

pfelix73
01-12-2012, 08:54 PM
Well, one of them will probably represent the AFC in the SB, but realistically, the AFC doesn't have much of a chance to win the SB this year...I'm picking the other B&G- Saints to win it...

:tt1

steelz09
01-12-2012, 09:07 PM
Anyone but the Ravens or Pats.

All in all, I guess I'll root for the Saints or Houston.

Scarletfire1970
01-12-2012, 10:10 PM
I'd much rather see the Patriots win it again.

NJ-STEELER
01-12-2012, 10:14 PM
i'll root for the world to end before i root for the ravens to win

flippy
01-12-2012, 10:26 PM
The responses are exactly my point. If the Ravens would make us that ill, think of what it would do to the Steelers players. I really think the Ravens winning the SuperBowl that would stir up the Steelers players and coaches.

Anyone else winning wouldn't raise any interest by the Steelers.

So yes, it's totally repulsive. And therein lies the beauty.

steelz09
01-12-2012, 10:33 PM
i'll root for the world to end before i root for the ravens to win

haha... I'll go with this one!

phillyesq
01-12-2012, 11:57 PM
The responses are exactly my point. If the Ravens would make us that ill, think of what it would do to the Steelers players. I really think the Ravens winning the SuperBowl that would stir up the Steelers players and coaches.

I get the point you're making, and I applaud you for thinking outside the box, but I still find the thought of the ratbirds or pats* winning a SB so repulsive that I would rather do without any benefit, actual or hypothetical, for the Steelers.

hawaiiansteel
01-13-2012, 12:04 AM
Ravens face new role as favorites

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 12, 2012

The Ravens don’t have to win three straight road games to make the Super Bowl this time. Peyton Manning and Ben Roethlisberger can’t knock them out.

The Ravens only need to defeat a fifth-round rookie quarterback in Baltimore to make the Conference Championship.

This is a new role for the Ravens in the Divisional Round. They are favorites.

ESPN.com’s lead story Wednesday had a graphic that said “Coast is clear” when describing the AFC playoff field. The accompanying article by Jamison Hensley says, “If [the Ravens] don’t reach the Super Bowl now, they might never do so under coach John Harbaugh.”

This all seems to take the Patriots (and Texans) a bit lightly, but we understand the point. New England’s defense is full of holes. Baltimore has confidence they can win in Foxborough in the playoffs after doing it in 2009.

“Every year, you can’t take for granted the fact that you are in the playoffs,” linebacker Jarrett Johnson told the Baltimore Sun. “You have to take advantage of that because you don’t know if you are ever going to make it again.”

There seems to be a greater sense of urgency for this Ravens team. They only had a bye one other time in the Ray Lewis era and lost to Peyton Manning 15-6 at home that year.

Lewis told Albert Breer of NFL.com this team is more complete than the Ravens’ title team. Terrell Suggs says this is “definitely” the best Ravens team he’s been a part of.

The expectations have been raised. Fair or not, anything short of a Super Bowl appearance from this Ravens team will be viewed as a massive disappointment.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... favorites/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/12/ravens-face-new-role-as-favorites/)

plainnasty
01-13-2012, 12:15 AM
Nothing would make me madder. I still haven't gotten over it when they won it in 2000.

tiproast
01-13-2012, 12:15 AM
My view is that you should root for the Pats, just because having Goodell share the stage with Belichick when the Lombardi trophy is presented could possibly cause his (Goodell's) head to explode.

And that would be a good thing for the league. :D

sd steel
01-13-2012, 12:28 AM
My view is that you should root for the Pats, just because having Goodell share the stage with Belichick when the Lombardi trophy is presented could possibly cause his (Goodell's) head to explode.

Why would Goodell's head explode? It's obvious that he loves the Pats** making rules to protect Brady** and increase their offensive production by give them carte blanche to run untouched over the middle without fear of getting hit. And then for disposing of the cheaters tapes that would have proved that everything Belichek** has accomplished in NE** was due to cheating.

I think If the Pats** won Goodell would be elate to see that his NFL is working perfectly. All offense, no defense, no hitting.

DukieBoy
01-13-2012, 12:31 AM
Can't imagine a situation in which I'd pull for the Ravens, except maybe vs the Cowboys in the SB. If that game ever happened, it would probably take a whole lot of alcohol to endure it.

Starlifter
01-13-2012, 12:38 AM
absolutely not. while the odds are stacked against it - i'm for a houston/denver AFCCG. screw the pats. screw the rats. of course it's likely one of those two will be in the big dance - and then I hope the packers or the saints lay a 50 burger on them.

the only possible way I will have any interest in the superbowl this year is if it's a bellicheat/harbaugh free game. that includes the douche harbaugh out west as well.

hawaiiansteel
01-13-2012, 12:39 AM
Can't imagine a situation in which I'd pull for the Ravens

me neither, I think hell would have to freeze over first.

http://motherjones.com/files/legacy/mojoblog/hell-freezing.gif

tiproast
01-13-2012, 12:40 AM
Why would Goodell's head explode? It's obvious that he loves the Pats** making rules to protect Brady** and increase their offensive production by give them carte blanche to run untouched over the middle without fear of getting hit. And then for disposing of the cheaters tapes that would have proved that everything Belichek** has accomplished in NE** was due to cheating.

I think If the Pats** won Goodell would be elate to see that his NFL is working perfectly. All offense, no defense, no hitting.
The rule to protect QBs was made after a Pittsburgh defensive lineman took out Carson Palmer's knee. Apparently you don't remember your own team's history.

The rules allowing WRs to run freely were "re-emphasized" after the Patriots destroyed the Colts in the playoffs following the 2003 season.

snarky
01-13-2012, 09:56 AM
The case against: It's Baltimore.

feltdizz
01-13-2012, 10:01 AM

...and this is why Steeler fans can't stand the Pats*

Not you, but in general. I think you are the only Pats* fan that thinks Goodell can't stand Billicheat.

I'm still scratching my head over Goodell allowing McDaniels to jump on board for the playoffs after being fired by another team.

..and the tackling low is called the Brady rule, not the Palmer rule because it was changed after the hit to Brady.

Brady rule: Steps taken to protect QBs' knees

DANA POINT, Calif. - Tom Brady hasn't even thrown a pass in his comeback, and he's already affected change for the 2009 NFL season.

In part because of the season-ending left knee injury that Brady suffered in the Patriots' 2008 season opener against the Chiefs, the league's Competition Committee adopted a clarification of the current rule on hits to a quarterback in the knee area or below. The clarification specifically prohibits a defender on the ground who hasn't been blocked or fouled directly into the quarterback from lunging or diving at the quarterback's lower legs.

http://articles.boston.com/2009-03-24/sports/29263608_1_brady-rule-chiefs-safety-bernard-pollard-knee

steelblood
01-13-2012, 02:55 PM
Win this round and they will a poorer draft position. After this round, I'd like to see them thoroughly embarrassed at fate's earliest convenience.

RKSteel
01-13-2012, 04:41 PM
Just talked about this with my daughter last night. No way do we root for the *'s or ratbirds. Definately not watching the SB if the ratbirds are in it.

Hoping for Saints v Texans SB.

Flippy, I don't think the players care as much as we fans do, whether the ratbirds win or not. Except maybe Ward.

:ratsuck

BradshawsHairdresser
01-13-2012, 05:16 PM
Sorry, cannot bring myself to root for the Rats or the Pats*. That would be like applauding cancer.

fordfixer
01-13-2012, 07:15 PM

The rule to protect QBs was made after a Pittsburgh defensive lineman took out Carson Palmer's knee. Apparently you don't remember your own team's history.

The rules allowing WRs to run freely were "re-emphasized" after the Patriots destroyed the Colts in the playoffs following the 2003 season.
Sorry tip just can't do it

The Man of Steel
01-13-2012, 09:20 PM
The Baltimore Cave-ins AKA the old Cleveland Browns in drag.

Scarletfire1970
01-13-2012, 11:28 PM

The players don't care as much as we do.

flippy
01-14-2012, 09:03 PM

The players don't care as much as we do.

That is probably true and it sucks.

Captain Lemming
01-14-2012, 10:07 PM

HISTORY's best wingman is defined as:

The guy who convinced your now wife who is WAY out of your league to go out with you using the line above. :)