PDA

View Full Version : Was Tim Tebow's game-winning touchdown pas

tommyco76
01-10-2012, 11:11 AM
Tim Tebow's game-winning touchdown pass for Denver Broncos an illegal play?

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_19706529

Ike still got burned.....but, If this this is a blown call, it should be addressed by the NFL
If anyone has this DVR'ed check this play

flippy
01-10-2012, 11:15 AM
I protest. Send Pittsburgh to NE. :)

Mister Pittsburgh
01-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Tim Tebow kicked our a55es...bottom line. I don't think a player being lined up one foot back from the line was the reason Ike allowed the WR inside positioning.

Now, I don't want to hear Pereira saying what the heck his comment was. They have set up so many judgement calls that the refs can easily control the game now. I still think Vegas has something to do with the NFL.

SteelCrazy
01-10-2012, 11:44 AM
Pereira is full of stool! I've seen many teams called for illegal formation just like this snapshot! Including the Steelers a few years back who were trying to win a football game, they lined up to spike the ball so the clock would stop and were flagged for that very thing! The EXACT thing! Not enough men on the line of scrimmage!
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f321/straightface72/20120109_070627_1broncos_500.jpg
"Watch on any Sunday. This is a good formation compared to many. They are not technical with this," Pereira responded, after seeing the picture accompanying this article.

phillyesq
01-10-2012, 12:52 PM
Tim Tebow kicked our a55es...bottom line. I don't think a player being lined up one foot back from the line was the reason Ike allowed the WR inside positioning.

:Agree

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-10-2012, 01:07 PM
Whatever.......

The quality of officiating is so awful in the NFL right now, this barely cracks the leaguwide top 1,000 bad calls of the 2011 season.

It is said every year but.........

THE NFL MUST GO TO FULL TIME REFS!!!

Slapstick
01-10-2012, 01:10 PM
Pereira is full of stool! I've seen many teams called for illegal formation just like this snapshot! Including the Steelers a few years back who were trying to win a football game, they lined up to spike the ball so the clock would stop and were flagged for that very thing! The EXACT thing! Not enough men on the line of scrimmage!

That was Nate Washington vs. Atlanta...

However, I do remember Rooney complaining about the call in the media...so, I suppose they just listened to him... :wft

feltdizz
01-10-2012, 01:42 PM
Nate Washington or one of the WR's were moving before the snap.

If they called that penalty it would be more embarrassing for us IMO. It would be another "steelers get the call"

skyhawk
01-10-2012, 03:42 PM
Whatever.......

The quality of officiating is so awful in the NFL right now, this barely cracks the leaguwide top 1,000 bad calls of the 2011 season.

It is said every year but.........

THE NFL MUST GO TO FULL TIME REFS!!!

Full time? What are they going to do M-F and the other 8 months out of the year?

Slapstick
01-10-2012, 03:51 PM
Nate Washington or one of the WR's were moving before the snap.

If they called that penalty it would be more embarrassing for us IMO. It would be another "steelers get the call"

That "Steelers get the call" stuff is BS. People who say that the "Steelers won because they got the calls" are just like the Steelers fans who say "we lost because of injuries."

There's no doubt that bad calls and injuries affect the outcomes of games. But, because we all know that, whining about it is useless...

Ghost
01-10-2012, 03:52 PM
The fact the Steelers were even in OT against Denver is a ton more sickening than this non-call that should not have been called.

grotonsteel
01-10-2012, 03:59 PM
The fact the Steelers were even in OT against Denver is a ton more sickening than this non-call that should not have been called.

+1

Slapstick
01-10-2012, 04:02 PM

It's a non-call that should have been called, but wasn't. It happens a lot.

Tomlin's first playoff loss against Jacksonville had one as well, so I don't want to hear about the Steelers "getting all the calls".

feltdizz
01-10-2012, 04:28 PM

Tomlin's first playoff loss against Jacksonville had one as well, so I don't want to hear about the Steelers "getting all the calls".

well then you need to live in a bubble... it's what fans do and most fans think we get all the calls just like we think the Pats get all the calls or Goodell loves the Ravens.

Slapstick
01-10-2012, 04:35 PM
well then you need to live in a bubble... it's what fans do and most fans think we get all the calls just like we think the Pats get all the calls or Goodell loves the Ravens.

I don't necessarily need to live in a bubble. I know that most fans are homers and full of crap so I don't take it to heart. Just like I don't give a crap about what players say on their Twitter accounts....

Steeler Shades
01-10-2012, 06:14 PM
Some fans will evidently need to look for a different excuse: 8)

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 75952.html (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_775952.html)

"An NFL spokesman said the Denver Broncos did not use an illegal formation on the play that ended the Steelers' season last Sunday.

A published report had questioned whether the Broncos had enough men on the line of scrimmage prior to Demaryius Thomas` 80-yard catch-and-run for a touchdown. But NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said the league has already reviewed the play and that officials were right in not penalizing the Broncos for an illegal formation.

The Broncos` formation had been a non-issue with the Steelers even before the league said Denver did not commit a penalty on the final play of their 29-23 win last Sunday.

"That`s not going to give us the win and send us to New England," cornerback William Gay said when asked about the report that the Broncos used an illegal formation. "They scored a touchdown bottom line. Their receiver made a good play."

"They still made a play, no matter what the formation," Steelers guard Trai Essex said.
Wide receiver Antonio Brown, like Gay and Essex, shrugged off questions about how the Broncos had lined up on the first and only play of overtime.

"They still made a play no matter what the formation is," Brown said. "We still got beat."

Read more: Denver did not use illegal formation on final play - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... z1j61PGuTN (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_775952.html#ixzz1j61PGuTN)

DukieBoy
01-10-2012, 08:00 PM

and

Slapstick
01-10-2012, 10:51 PM
If that's the case, then I want an apology at the very least for the bogus Illegal Formation penalty in the 2007 Atlanta game.

Not that I carry grudges... :moon

Mel Blount's G
01-10-2012, 11:31 PM

That jacksonville one was even worse 'cause mike peoria (sp. = whatever) came out and apologized that they missed a blatant hold on deebo during their qb's game-clinching scramble. I almost wish he wouldn't have aplogized cause it hurt more for me having the league basically say, "We are sorry Steelers. You should still be playing and have a good opportunity to play in, and win, the super bowl. But our ref changed the outcome of your game by allowing the other team to rule-break without consequence. We are sorry BUT we aren't going to do anything to address it like hire full time refs or hold them accountable (i.e. fine them) for costly mistakes like we do the players and coaches. Good luck next year though!" :evil: