PDA

View Full Version : From Tomlin's Press Conference

MeetJoeGreene
01-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Starks and Hampton -- ACL.. Possible surgery ...being evaluated.

Legursky - maybe surgery too.

Anticipates continuity with coordinators.. but never know as change happens at end of season and some people do move on/etc.

Ghost
01-09-2012, 01:22 PM
Anticipates continuity = sustained mediocrity

Steelgal
01-09-2012, 02:02 PM

Anticipates continuity with coordinators.. but never know as change happens at end of season and some people do move on/etc.

Please tell me that's just 'coach speak' or someone forces his hand with regards to BA. I don't care what happens this off-season, if BA comes back it'll be another season of mediocrity for the offense.

Bad news for casey and Hampton. also got a tweet saying Keisel suffered a 'significant groin injury'.

SteelBucks
01-09-2012, 02:06 PM

Keisel has a "significant" groin injury. May need surgery. I wonder how many will start out on the PUP list next season?

Steelgal
01-09-2012, 02:15 PM

Keisel has a "significant" groin injury. May need surgery. I wonder how many will start out on the PUP list next season?

Some may start out on PUP, but I have a feeling several vets are gonna get cut outright. Kind of a cleaning house, like they did in Baltimore last year.

Can someone explain PUP to me? If you start out on it, you can't play until week 6 of the regular season? To be placed on PUP, you can not participate in training camp correct?

Ghost
01-09-2012, 02:20 PM
There are a lot of rules with the PUP list but I believe there is a preseason and then a separate season list. Preseason you can be taken off the list at any time and added to the roster but you don't count towards the numbers if you are on it.

If the player is on the regular season list, thats when it's 6 games that they must sit out.

Mister Pittsburgh
01-09-2012, 02:23 PM
Anticipates continuity = 'whew, won't have to take charge for yet another season & can just stand on the sidelines clueless as to what is going on in the game and get 3 out of 4 challenges wrong'. Grow a set Tomlin and take control of the team, take the kid gloves off with your QB, & remind the old man the 3-4 is an aggressive defense.

RKSteel
01-09-2012, 02:25 PM
+1

flippy
01-09-2012, 02:36 PM
3 ACLs in 2 weeks. That's gotta be a record.

BradshawsHairdresser
01-09-2012, 03:35 PM
Anticipates continuity = 'whew, won't have to take charge for yet another season & can just stand on the sidelines clueless as to what is going on in the game and get 3 out of 4 challenges wrong'. Grow a set Tomlin and take control of the team, take the kid gloves off with your QB, & remind the old man the 3-4 is an aggressive defense.

I'm beginning to wonder if the problems will be addressed as long as Tomlin is HC.

Slapstick
01-09-2012, 03:36 PM
If Randy Fichtner, the QB coach, becomes the coordinator, does that count as continuity?

Mister Pittsburgh
01-09-2012, 04:41 PM
If Randy Fichtner, the QB coach, becomes the coordinator, does that count as continuity?
I believe they referred to the change from Whiz to Arianus as continuity. I pray for at least the change to Fichtner but would prefer a completely new set of eyes on the offense.