PDA

View Full Version : How's Everyone's Day Going?

flippy
01-09-2012, 01:13 PM
I've talked to quite a few disgruntled Steelers fans today. Seems like everyone is bummed or mad or depressed.

I had all these feelings and then some yesterday, but today, I'm over it.

We had a great season. It was enjoyable. There were lots of highs and lows. But all and all it was a fun ride and beats the heck out of the offseason.

The only bummer is we won't be playing the next 3 weeks. And football withdrawl is going to set in early and last a little longer this offseason.

But there's next year. And I for one can't wait!!!!

This year was a bust. Most of them are. Life goes on.

I'm going to take this opportunity to pick up on some of the things I neglected during this season due to the football distraction.

Thanks to the Steelers for a great season.

And may you all have a healthy and productive offseason.

We are Steeler Nation and have a lot to be thankful for.

fezziwig
01-09-2012, 01:17 PM
im still happy to be a steeler fan

RuthlessBurgher
01-09-2012, 01:18 PM
Wearing a Steelers t-shirt proudly today, in spite of yesterday's result. Anyone else sporting Steeler gear on the morning after?

JAR
01-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Wearing a Steelers t-shirt proudly today, in spite of yesterday's result. Anyone else sporting Steeler gear on the morning after?

Have mine on too.

Ghost
01-09-2012, 01:35 PM
The license plate on the front and the tag holder on the back never come off my car. Neither does the Steelers Sticker on the window to my office at work. Proudly filled up my Steelers coffee mug today just as I do year round.

MeetJoeGreene
01-09-2012, 01:43 PM
I am still a bit cranky.

I can't wear any Steelers stuff to work.. BUT I sill carried my Steelers Lunch bag with pride.

Jooser
01-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Gawd, if one of my co-workers Tebow[s] me again, I'm gonna kick 'em in the ding ding!

:wft

grotonsteel
01-09-2012, 01:51 PM
I am still having nightmares about Ike Taylor getting burned by a RB.Well I will move on to the Steelers Draft.

Steelers fan for life and i would like to say Thank You to all Steelers players for a great season (12-4). **** happens and unfortunately for Steeler Nation, Steelers Defense played their worst game in the play off.

Get Healthy, Stay thirsty for SB and Draft Well Steelers.

grotonsteel
01-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Gawd, if one of my co-workers Tebow[s] me again, I'm gonna kick 'em in the ding ding!

:wft

I have seen an old guy doing Tebowing in a Subway station. Unfreakingbelievable.

rpmpit
01-09-2012, 01:55 PM
Armpit Jr. started crying when the game ended. I immediately went into "it's just a game" mode. Told him the important thing was that they didn't quit. They fought hard until the end, but it just wasn't enough. To a certain extent, I believe that. And at that point, I was more concerned with cheering him up then sulking about the loss.

Doing ok today. Wore my Steeler knit hat - that's about all the gear I can wear to work. And considering all the injuries we had this season, I'm proud of the team and what they were able to accomplish.

And like someone mentioned yesterday, I feel better about losing to the Broncos then I would have to the Pats or Ravens. And realistically, with what was left of our team, I'm not sure we would have been able to compete with either team.

7 UP
01-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Now that its the day after Im actually glad we lost. There is no way we were going to beat NE or Baltimore let alone both. Especially with the injuries we have. Id much rather lose to Denver than either NE or Bal. At least we were all spared seeing Harbaugh catch another gatorade bath at our expense.

Steelgal
01-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Planned on spending the day home watching ESPN, NFLN all day, but of course that was before we lost..... So instead, I'm getting caught up around here after the holidays and dealing with the tornados that seemed to have hit my kids' rooms.

I knew if we didn't get a first round bye it would be hard to go all the way. If they would have pulled it out last night, an even harder loss would have been headed our way against the Pats*.

Frankly, the way they played at times this year, it's a wonder they finished 12 - 4 with a chance at homefield throughout.

I do think the team they field next year will be a good bit different from the one that lost last night. I can also see a lot of older vets getting cut because it's time to move on and get younger. I think LeBeau will be back and I'm okay with that. I do think BA will be gone. Whether he 'retires' or is asked to leave, my gut just tells me he's done. Ben won't be happy, but will become a better QB because of it.

Just hoping now that atleast a couple of the Steelers up for HOF, make it.

aggiebones
01-09-2012, 02:00 PM
I'm not going to over react today.
We have alot of draft needs.
And the youth movement is not ready. They better get ready in the offseason cause we will likely lose half of the geezer squad of Farrior, ASmith, Ward, Hampton, Keisel and Hoke. Not to mention a few others climbing the age ladder. A DL of Hood, McClendon and Heywood is not ready.

-We need a young safety to come in and be a good backup and eventually replace Clark or Troy in the next 3 years.
-We need another NT. Even if McClendon is starter material, which I doubt he is. He's a good rotation or backup though for years.
-We need several OL. But you can't wholesale change that as easy, only 1 upgrade per draft if you are lucky.
-Another CB to develop but all of a sudden not a disaster compared to other spots. Ike couldn't handle Thomas, but in the future, others may fall into a similar fate when covering him. He's gonna be a beast.
-ILB, obviously, Farrior is close to the end.
We don't have enough draft picks.

Positives for future:
-Sanders played well and in crunch time didn't fade. That bodes will for WR. We need to draft zero WRs this draft.
-Ike Redman showed he CAN carry the load. He was beastlike again. It will be interesting what we do there.
Can Redman, Clay, Batch and Dwyer handle the load until midseason when one is dumped for Mendenhall off the pup-list. I think they'll have to.
I'll have to rewatch the DL tape to see if the DL are all developing. They BETTER be cause we can spend more picks on the DL except another NT or late round ends in 2013.

SteelBucks
01-09-2012, 02:02 PM
I hung a few new Steelers things in my office today. I'm still bummed but Philly fans have actually been nice for a change. Despite the loss, most have said they wish they were us with our success. I guess things could be worse....we could be Eagles fans.

williar
01-09-2012, 02:05 PM
I'm still a bit peeved but I'm actually relieve we lost. This team just didn't have it this time around. I think we've gotten a bit complacent through the success we've had. In the back of my mind, I don't feel like this team really wanted to compete for a championship. No one can convince me that we couldn't have gotten in field goal range to kick that winning field goal if we really wanted it.......

pittpete
01-09-2012, 02:26 PM
I'm still a bit peeved but I'm actually relieve we lost. This team just didn't have it this time around.

Any year we dont make it deep into the playoffs I consider it a failure.
This year wasnt pleasurable, we played down to some very bad teams we had many injuries and our offense was disgusting at times.
We couldnt put games away and we lost the division with 10 seconds left against the Ravens.
The best thing that could come out of this season would be Arians being fired or force retired,an O-line revamp with smart lineman and Ben keeping his big FN mouth shut and letting the front office do its job.

williar
01-09-2012, 02:51 PM
I'm still a bit peeved but I'm actually relieve we lost. This team just didn't have it this time around.

Any year we dont make it deep into the playoffs I consider it a failure.
This year wasnt pleasurable, we played down to some very bad teams we had many injuries and our offense was disgusting at times.
We couldnt put games away and we lost the division with 10 seconds left against the Ravens.
The best thing that could come out of this season would be Arians being fired or force retired,an O-line revamp with smart lineman and Ben keeping his big FN mouth shut and letting the front office do its job.

:Agree

I think I would be more depressed if I have to watch Ben and Arians yucking it up another season, bragging about how good this offense can be while they continue to struggle to put 14 points on the board. This was the most complete offense I have seen, talent wise. And to see it go to waste week after week was unforgivable........

NWNewell
01-09-2012, 02:53 PM

Indeed! :tt2

Fair weather fans need not apply. :nono

flippy
01-09-2012, 03:01 PM
I'm wearing a Crosby sweatshirt today. But it's black and gold.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-09-2012, 03:49 PM
I got past this surprisingly quickly. I entered the playoffs with the mindset that we are not a SB contender. As a Steelers fan I have high expectations, and anything short of a SB run is below standard for us. Since I did not expect that run, it works out the same way anyhow.

The most fun I've had is in explaining these lofty standards to fans of lesser teams.

proudsteelerfamily
01-09-2012, 04:18 PM
Spent most of my day at work checking out the forums.
I don't feel too bad.
Really sick of hearing about Tebow though. Enough allready!

Eich
01-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Awful. I live in Redskins land and they revel when the Steelers - who are normally extremely succesful - fail.

All I'm hearing today is that the Rapist Roethlisberger got what he deserved from Tebow.

:Hater gonna hate

pittpete
01-09-2012, 08:11 PM
My 6 year old wears his Steelers jersey to school every Monday.
My wife said he wouldn't put it on this morning.
I dont blame him one bit but he'll never put another teams jersey on for as long as he lives in my house :!: :!: :!: :!:

kindlecatsb'ng
01-09-2012, 09:08 PM
Wearing my Steelers hoodie today and lots of folks saying stuff like "tough loss" or "I am a Steelers fan too and know how you feel".

One one idiot Clowns fan making jokes and laughing--and this is in Las Vegas and not Cleveland!

Otherwise, I predicted they'd go 12-4 this year and am always a fan through and through.

Looking forward to a good draft this year. Will feel saddened if Hines leaves any way but retirement.

Kindle :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

jj28west
01-09-2012, 09:35 PM
Being from Connecticut (mostly Pats/Giants/Jets fans) a lot of my coworkers were nice enough not to talk to me about it. There were then those that had to scream at me about being "Tebowed". I have nothing against the kid but the media has made it a circus.

Interestingly enough a lot of my Pats friends were estatic about not having to play Pittsburgh. There is a general concensus that we would lose convincingly to the Pats/Ravens/Packers/Saints by many Steeler fans but the enemy was shocked and relieved not to have to face the Steelers.

Having said all of this guys, the RGL has really changed the game to make it more flashy although they say its about safety.

Sugar
01-09-2012, 09:55 PM
I had a very good day. I didn't even see the game as I was on my way home from VA, where my brother lay with stage 4 terminal brain cancer. He was upgraded today and taken out of the ICU and told that instead of hours/days, he may have months or more.

While it sucks that the Steelers apparently crapped the bed against a team that should probably not have been in the playoffs- it was a very good day!

Jigawatts
01-09-2012, 10:33 PM
Pretty much refusing to talk to anyone about the game. I just want to put in away. Had
a rough time reading all the facebook comments from the browns fans and did a good job
ignoring them until I finally snapped and came up with something that made me feel a little better.

The Last time the Cleveland Browns won a playoff game...
1) I was using MS Dos
2) Tonya Harding was Americas Sweetheart
3) Yokozuna was the WWF heavyweight champion
4) Ace of Base topped the charts with The Sign
5) Joe Camel was telling kids to smoke cigarettes
6) Gas was $1.16 a gallon
7) Justin Biebers mom was 6 months pregnant
8. O.J. Simpson was doing Hertz commercials and Naked Gun movies
9) NAFTA seemed like a good idea
10) The Baltimore Ravens were still called the Cleveland Browns

Like Fezziwig said, I'm still happy to be a Steelers fan. :tt2

Chadman
01-09-2012, 10:49 PM
Chadman had a good day. A wonderful day. It was a 'day of revelations'.

You see...it's been a couple of seasons now where we occupy the gameday chatroom, jibbering & jabbering about the game. But it was yesterday that it really struck Chadman....Steelers fans are.. 'whingers'. And not just any old 'whinger', but out & out, blind & oblivious whingers that can't see their own faults! It's brilliant!

Steelers won 12 games- Not good enough- we didn't destroy the opposition.

Steelers made the playoffs again- not good enough- only 6 SB titles.

Injuries have decimated the team, but they keep competing- not good enough, our back-ups of the back-ups should be starter material type players.

Timmons/Woodley/Polamalu/Hampton/Harrison/Wallace/Mendenhall/Starks/Colon/Pouncey etc are busts/hopeless/wastes of oxygen etc.

LeBeau is a bum!

So is Arians!

Probably Tomlin too!

We will lose (2 minutes into the first quarter..)

Down by 1 point... "ugh...hopeless, disgusting, stupid, dumb, terrible, pathetic, trade them all, cut the all, draft a new QB, blah, blah.."

So...after processing all the information...after finally understanding what it was Chadman was seeing...after realising that we all laugh at Ravens/Browns/Eagles/Bengals etc fans for their forum meltdowns, their forum stupidity, their foolishness...

Chadman realised something.....we are like... "them".

ONLY (here's the difference), the Browns/Bengals/Ravens/Eagles etc fans actually have crappy teams, bad records, bad coaches, poor history etc. They...have something to complain about.

We...are just spoiled.

Imagine if we made the playoffs only every other year like the Ravens! Or every other couple of years like the Bengals! Or every other decade like the Browns!

Imagine being THOSE fans!

So Chadman had his 'revelation'.

He won't complain about losing to the Broncos, in the playoffs, with an aging, past it's prime team that has, for a long time, done nothing but make Chadman feel good about the NFL, that played with multiple injuries to KEY players, who never quite clicked all season, but still managed to work their way into the playoffs & a 12-4 record, who had an abysmal TO ratio, but still managed a 12-4 season, a team that REGULARLY produces top quality players from all it's 1st round draft picks (gotta go back to Troy Edwards to find a real 'bust')...

Chadman
01-09-2012, 10:51 PM
That said- Chadman is off to be a Browns fan so that he can learn 'perspective'...

:lol:

chiken
01-09-2012, 11:11 PM
I live in Atlanta so I was able to Deflect much of the Madness. Game still burns but not as much today as it did yesterday. We were too banged up to be any real threat and I would have choked on my own Vomit if I had to watch Brady Destroy our defense while our offense continued to be "almost" there..

I am actually okay with being Tebowed. Not happy for him but glad that he is doing it his way and having success with it. Good luck to him, Gotta tip my Steeler hat to the guy.

As for us, We will be okay.. If wallace has any Pride in him he will come back Stronger, determined to give us more than a half a season. Sanders Should work even harder to keep up with the Brown. Crotch I hope we keep, Good bye Ward, thanks for the wonderful awesome memories. Timmons should improve - Heyward Wont be a rookie any more. Hood should be stronger. our new Corners who showed plenty promise should be ready to contribute. Worlids now knows what it takes and should work accordingly..

And next year guys we will actually have a Training camp and OTA's.

We'll be back :tt2

fordfixer
01-09-2012, 11:39 PM
That said- Chadman is off to be a Browns fan so that he can learn 'perspective'...

:lol:
No No No don't do it :lol: :lol: :lol:

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-10-2012, 01:05 AM
My 6 year old wears his Steelers jersey to school every Monday.
My wife said he wouldn't put it on this morning.
I dont blame him one bit but he'll never put another teams jersey on for as long as he lives in my house :!: :!: :!: :!:

That's too bad. Would have been a great lesson for your son in loyalty. My 9 year old wore his Steelers jacket to school like every other day.

He cried last year when the Super Bowl ended, almost as if he didn't realize the possibility existed. I just looked at him and said "You are eight years old and in your lifetime we have celebrated two Super Bowl victories and one other SB game. Think about (a friend of mine who is a Browns fan), he has not even witnessed his team making it to the SB and he is 43."

fezziwig
01-10-2012, 10:02 AM
I'll admit, yesterday I couldn't put on my Steeler garb but today I'm dressed as if I was headed to a steelers game.

flippy
01-10-2012, 11:24 AM
I had a very good day. I didn't even see the game as I was on my way home from VA, where my brother lay with stage 4 terminal brain cancer. He was upgraded today and taken out of the ICU and told that instead of hours/days, he may have months or more.

While it sucks that the Steelers apparently crapped the bed against a team that should probably not have been in the playoffs- it was a very good day!

That puts a silly game in perspective. Sorry to hear about your bro. Best wishes to you and your family. And F Cancer!

RuthlessBurgher
01-10-2012, 12:50 PM

That puts a silly game in perspective. Sorry to hear about your bro. Best wishes to you and your family. And F Cancer!

Here here... :Cheers

fezziwig
01-10-2012, 03:25 PM
I'll say a prayer for your brotherr.

pittpete
01-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Everyone deals with things in different ways.
Some complain and criticize and some decide to use yellow font in chat and say "gee whiz guys theres always next year"

BTW-Sugar sorry to hear about your brother