PDA

View Full Version : Hampton

steelz09
01-09-2012, 10:54 AM
Did Hampton get hurt yesterday? He recorded 0 tackles. ZERO.

I saw McClendon in there but I don't recall seeing Hampton on any plays. Then again, I guess not seeing him in on any plays would explain the ZERO tackles.

SteelBucks
01-09-2012, 10:57 AM
He got injured in the first quarter. Did not return.

Ghost
01-09-2012, 11:12 AM
They initially said he "tweaked" his knee on TV but I don't recall hearing any more explanation. Obviously more than a tweak and they showed him with a jacket on stading on the sidelines a couple of times in the 2nd half. That d-line was cursed.

RuthlessBurgher
01-09-2012, 11:16 AM
They initially said he "tweaked" his knee on TV but I don't recall hearing any more explanation. Obviously more than a tweak and they showed him with a jacket on stading on the sidelines a couple of times in the 2nd half. That d-line was cursed.

Aaron Smith and Chris Hoke on I.R. Hampton and Keisel knocked out of the game in the first half. Had to play the vast majority of the game with Heyward, McLendon, and Hood only...no possibilities for rotating d-lineman like teams normally do...and all of this in thin mountain air.

SteelBucks
01-09-2012, 11:31 AM

Aaron Smith and Chris Hoke on I.R. Hampton and Keisel knocked out of the game in the first half. Had to play the vast majority of the game with Heyward, McLendon, and Hood only...no possibilities for rotating d-lineman like teams normally do...and all of this in thin mountain air.

Injuries decimated this team on both sides of the ball this year. They were missing seven starters in the second half of yesterdays game, not including some key backups that were on IR. I've never seen anything like it.

Oviedo
01-09-2012, 11:38 AM

Injuries decimated this team on both sides of the ball this year. They were missing seven starters in the second half of yesterdays game, not including some key backups that were on IR. I've never seen anything like it.

That happens when you have a team of older players.

fezziwig
01-09-2012, 12:41 PM
Despite all the injuries I don't believe that was the reason that we lost. Bad clock management, giving too much respect to the run, not enough respect to the pass, not taking over the game with our run offense when, it was clearly there.

The annoucer talking about , the Cheifs and the Bills spreading out the Broncos defense with recievers and would then run the ball and the Broncos having no answer for it.

Not that we had to go there because we were running things well but just a point that Arians, can't manage or game plan enough to put points on the board or to keep the ball out of the other teams hands.
Then you have Lebeau getting schooled by a guy with a passer rating of 41 and hadn't scored a TD in the past 22 quarters.

Ike should have been getting help, you don't stack up on the run when their QB was having success with the big passes.

An 8-8 team made assses out of the Steelers and their coaches.

If Tomlin has any nads he should put his foot on a few throats and those throats are, Bens, Arians and Lebeaus.

ramblinjim
01-09-2012, 01:02 PM
:Agree

Fezzi, not to sound like Michael Irvin here but Tebow just had it going on yesterday too. And that kid had Ike's number. Ike had decent coverage on some of those big throws and they were just spot on. Guys have bad games, it's been a long time since I've seen Ike have one like that.

We have to make touchdowns instead of 3's, have to get better in the red zone, have to get some takeaways. Those guys on D were gassed at the end of the game too, Tebow could have reconciled his checkbook while he waited for someone to come open. Injuries didn't do us in like you said but they didn't help us either.

fezziwig
01-09-2012, 01:15 PM
:Agree

Fezzi, not to sound like Michael Irvin here but Tebow just had it going on yesterday too. And that kid had Ike's number. Ike had decent coverage on some of those big throws and they were just spot on. Guys have bad games, it's been a long time since I've seen Ike have one like that.

We have to make touchdowns instead of 3's, have to get better in the red zone, have to get some takeaways. Those guys on D were gassed at the end of the game too, Tebow could have reconciled his checkbook while he waited for someone to come open. Injuries didn't do us in like you said but they didn't help us either.

Of course he had it going on yesterday and Lebeau did nothing that showed any respect for Tebow. Tebow and the Broncos were not some team that couldn't be beat. They weren't going to be defeated by a team that refused to give Ike help, didn't have their safeties doing the safe things either.
It shouldbn't be any surprise that our offense can't put up points as well as we like in the redzone but, name one redzone force that we can rely upon. We have none because Arians and Ben keep thinking the bomb passes are going to lead some receiver right into the endzone.
The Steelers got out coaches and the players got schooled over it.

Yeah, our defense was tired so why not do some ball control with a run game that we had and was too much for the Broncos. The Broncos are 3-5 at home and our lofty 12-4 Steelers couldn't do anything better than play catch up.

Tomlin, Lebeau and Arians need to point the fingers at each other in my humble opinion.

SteelBucks
01-09-2012, 01:18 PM
I just got a text that both Hampton and Starks have ACL injuries. Keisel has a significant groin injury and exams will determine if he needs surgury.

RuthlessBurgher
01-09-2012, 01:30 PM
I just got a text that both Hampton and Starks have ACL injuries. Keisel has a significant groin injury and exams will determine if he needs surgury.

Hampton may not be back; we need to cut cap costs, and his salary may be sacrificed (along with Chris Hoke) to go with Steve McLendon and a NT draft pick in the first 3 rounds this April. An ACL injury may make Starks easier to re-sign (although he might not be back at full speed by the time camp rolls around...may have to start out with Gilbert at LT and Colon at RT). Keisel will be back to the grizzled vet to guide the young bucks along the d-line...he's still got some tread left on his tires, although it will likely involve splitting time with Cam Heyward next year.

phillyesq
01-09-2012, 03:45 PM

That happens when you have a team of older players.

Like Pouncey and Mendenhall?

fezziwig
01-09-2012, 05:16 PM
I have a feeling Pouncey is going to be injury proned throughout his career.
Not because of yesterdays loss but, this team needs revamped in a lot of areas.

Here are a list of injury type guys, old guys and guys just not making it.

Will Woodley recover by next season and will he be hampered once again with injury and slow starts ?

Hines is too old now to be a go to guy and not as a back up, let the younger learn the game and have some future with them.

Colon always did stink and he too has now had two back to back injury filled seasons. I kind of think he has had issues with health prior to these last two years but, I might be thinking of someone else.

Kiesel, this might be the writing on the wall for him and to count on him making a full season. He was injured last year I believe or maybe it was this year. Granted, he at least made it to the playoffs.

Hampton is a tough call because once again an old over weight guy with a bad injury. Maybe not as bad as injury playing in his position but still the same he, isn't the force he once was. At the start I was in McClendons corner but he will never in my opinion be another Hampton or Steed.

Troy, will next season be his rotation of being injured ? The guy has a healthy season followed by an injured season.

Kemo, an upgrade is needed. He is okay as a back up for a good price.

Farrior might be smart but he has lost a step three years ago.

Foote is no daisy either when it comes to youth or someone that can disrupt.

James Harrison is not the player he was three seasons ago and I see less of an impact of him and less production. Can't lift enough weights to make you younger or else he would be a 20 year older.

Ike Taylor is balancing age, speed and maintaining good health. I really don't see him being an injured guy but, eventually he will be getting beat more and more.

Starks................Filled in nice for the crap our Steelers tried placing out there in the start of the season but, another year and especially with him and this injury will really slow him down and allow more of a threat to Bens blind side.

Hoke.........great guy but the writing is on the wall for him too.

Mewelde Moore is no spring chicken.

Other than Troy, Taylor, Woodley, Harrison and possibly Kiesel and Hampton the others can be set free. The only trouble with that is, who fills the spots and can get us back on top ?

I don't see the Steelers giving big bucks for a left tackle.

Do we move Timmons to Farriors spot ?

Hamptons position is so key, what can we do with bringing in a young guy that can give us what Hampton has done or do the gamble with free agency or allow McClendon a shot ? None of them are a good solution but with all the 3/4 defense, nose tackles are now prime.

Harrison might have another good season in him.

This team needs a big rebuild and the sad thing about that, about time some of the new guys start coming into their own, guys like Troy and company will need replaced and eventually Ben will be on the decline or his way out.

This is why I get so upset when we lose because you need to strike when the iron is hot and starting last season the iron was starting to lose some of its heat.