PDA

View Full Version : Lebeau vs Arians argument?

Steelhere10
01-09-2012, 10:53 AM
A lot of members are divided between the two but my question to you is, who have had the most bad game plans with little to no adjustments during the season. And how many times have you said good play call to either. In this case BA is the better cord.
Then the fact is all the money and pro bowlers are on the D.
I just think Dl gets way to much credit.

Oviedo
01-09-2012, 11:39 AM
A lot of members are divided between the two but my question to you is, who have had the most bad game plans with little to no adjustments during the season. And how many times have you said good play call to either. In this case BA is the better cord.
Then the fact is all the money and pro bowlers are on the D.
I just think Dl gets way to much credit.

I agree that LeBeau has gotten all the high priced talent but both need to go. There is no argument there.

fezziwig
01-09-2012, 06:12 PM
If in fact that Lebeau told his defense not to give safety support on the last play or throughout the game then, shame on Lebeau.

Not all the money has been spent on the defense. James harrison got the money because he earned the money and so did Woodley and some can argue Timmons has too. Hampton has a nice paycheck but, that is what the position calls for.

As for the offense not being upgraded well, that falls upon the talent that is there during our draft selection.

Mendenhall is coming up on a contract so we will see.

We have Wallace, Brown, Sanders, Mendenhall, Pouncey, Miller, Saunders, Redman and anyone of these guys could be described as number draft picks.

The defense is much older in my opinion and with less talent given if you had to measure them up between youth and what they bring to the game.

People are saying, " it wasn't BA the hiked the ball over Bens head nor was it BA throwing the pick, dropping the pass and what have you. "
That's all true but, a BA offense is always in perils because BA can't attack defense outside of going for the big pass attack.
With always being in peril and playing catch up with, the defense putting their ears back and charging after a wounded QB it's, no wonder guys are rushed on the snap, Ben can't set up to throw more accurate passes. If D-Head could manage his talent we wouldn't be having this conversation.

He has good runningbacks that he gives little attention to. You have Redman with a 7 yard average but no......he is going to air it out. You have one of the best TE in Heath Miller but no.........he's going to air it out. Let's not forget that we have no identity of anytype of redzone formation or play makers. If Ben can't step back and toss a bomb to Wallce or Brown to run it into the endzone then we are pretty much out of luck for scoring.
BA doesn't allow the running game to open up the pass nor does he allow the running game to keep the defenses from blitzing. When we are doing well with the passing game he doesn't allow for the running game to get their opportunities to slice and dice the defenses and to keep things honest.

Screw Arians, our Steeler teams have not been known as offensive threats but by defensive threats.

Back to Lebeau. He acted like Tebow had no arms and he defended like it too. All these years as a player and a coach and the guy doesn't insist upon over the top help ? After the first five passes that Tebow threw and for big results mind you Lebeau, did nothing about it.

Ben gets five sacks and with the running game we were fielding, those sacks should have never been.

Let the crippled up QB get beat to death once again, avoid the proven running game, allow Broncos every chance in the book to get the ball back.

Arians, Tomlin and Lebeau all stunk up the place yesterday.

fezziwig
01-09-2012, 06:16 PM
I can't wait for the day I come to this site and their is a thread titled...... Bruce Arians was Fired !!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, please no smart asses doing that thread unless it's true.

Dee Dub
01-09-2012, 06:43 PM
My thing is, that I have said the past couple years (and pretty much gotten roasted here for it), is sometimes you are successful because you have great players. LeBeau get's a lot of the credit for the success of the Steelers defense over the years but he has also had some great players he had on those defenses. I have questioned LeBeau's lack of a pass rush the past couple of years but the fact of the matter is he has forgotten more about football than I will ever know.

Let's keep in mind one thing. If you do not have a good cover free safety, and you use the other safety (Troy), at or near the box or LOS then you aren't going to be able to bring your LB's as much as you would like. They will need to drop in coverage more than they will be able to get after the QB.

fezziwig
01-09-2012, 06:45 PM
I hear you but I also think Lebeaus scheme makes players great were as Arians scheme or lack of scheme makes his players underachievers.