PDA

View Full Version : Our Mental State?

Sword
01-09-2012, 09:47 AM
Throughout the game..the players look beaten \ old even at the beginning
of the game....Where is the spark? The motivation?
Pumping each other up...I saw none of this.....

Where the hell is someone like Coach Cowher yelling in there faces!!!!
Mike Tomlin doesn't look like a coach on the sideline...looks like he
needs to work in an office somewhere for the draft....

We need a Motivator on the sideline..

Sword

papillon
01-09-2012, 09:52 AM

Sword

You're simply used to the way Cowher coached and motivated the team during a game. Tomlin coaches and motivates in practice and then expects the players to take it to the field. Tomlin's in game decision making needs to get better, since, he turns the game over to the coordinators he really shouldn't be missing time outs, challenges and other in game decisions that the head coach needs to make.

Pappy

feltdizz
01-09-2012, 09:55 AM
The mental state of our team is weak when we are favored vs bad teams. Not sure how to correct this but we rarely show up in these types of games.

It would be nice to see what a solid game looks like with the players we have. Just feels like one unit is always in la la land in most games.

Oviedo
01-09-2012, 09:56 AM

Sword

Grown men making millions of dollars are not motivated by a screaming lunatic. This is not Pee Wee football. If we have players who need to someone yelling at them to get their best for a play off game we have the wrong players and they need to be gone.

feltdizz
01-09-2012, 10:02 AM

Sword

Grown men making millions of dollars are not motivated by a screaming lunatic. This is not Pee Wee football. If we have players who need to someone yelling at them to get their best for a play off game we have the wrong players and they need to be gone.

5% of these grown men will be broke in 5 years... they are essentially big kids playing a game.

yelling and screaming is part of football.

SidSmythe
01-09-2012, 10:10 AM
It's amazing Tony Dungee won a Superbowl, Chuck Noll, Tom Landry, Mike Shanahan, Mike McCarthy, Mike Tomlin, Sean Payton, etc ever won SuperBowls :roll: :roll:

feltdizz
01-09-2012, 10:14 AM
It's amazing Tony Dungee won a Superbowl, Chuck Noll, Tom Landry, Mike Shanahan, Mike McCarthy, Mike Tomlin, Sean Payton, etc ever won SuperBowls :roll: :roll:

Someone wins a SB every year... Gruden won a SB the year after Dungy left and he yelled and made faces all game.

I don't think anyone said frothing at the mouth is the only way to win but it would be nice if Tomlin would show some emotion when our team is getting rocked by a bad QB.

RKSteel
01-09-2012, 10:17 AM

Sword

Looked like the yelling and screaming was working for Tebow. It's still a game of emotion and the Steelers had none yesterday.

feltdizz
01-09-2012, 10:18 AM

Sword

Looked like the yelling and screaming was working for Tebow. It's still a game of emotion and the Steelers had none yesterday.

:Agree

Sword
01-09-2012, 10:38 AM

Sword

This is Exactly my point...Tebow was firing his team up on the sideline...and the outcome?

Steelhere10
01-09-2012, 01:22 PM
Yes screaming works .lol Did Cowher in any part of his career have 3 out of 4 season win 12 games. Ok I didn't think so.

rockonsteel
01-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Yes screaming works .lol Did Cowher in any part of his career have 3 out of 4 season win 12 games. Ok I didn't think so.

Not for nothing, but Cowher only had 2 yrs of Ben. He went 15-1 in the first of those 2 yrs., won the SB in yr. 2. I had my problems wiht Cowher, but he put together some pretty good teams/seasons with somne pretty mediocre QBs. I don't think Tomlin sports those same numbers had he not inherited Ben at QB. I've said that I think Tomlin is too Ben-dependent. The way he handled the last month of the season merely emphasizes that fact.

Sometimes I really think Tomlin has gotten by on the shoulders of Ben and DL.

Rockon

Steelhere10
01-09-2012, 01:46 PM
I disagree. 3-1 without Ben last year. A couple
of years before that he won without him. Think about the injurious this team have, and yet they still win. I dont think Mike gets enough credit.

steelz09
01-09-2012, 02:06 PM

Sword

Really? You don't think Bettis and Joey Porter got fired up & motivated during the games by Cowher? Come on now.....

pittpete
01-09-2012, 02:13 PM
Yelling and screaming sure worked when Tebow did it on the Denver sidelines.
Our sideline looked like a bunch of spoiled millionaires :oops:

BradshawsHairdresser
01-09-2012, 03:31 PM
Don't know about the players, but my mental state has been pretty crappy since Damaryius Thomas took that pass 80 yards for a TD.