PDA

View Full Version : Time to be real

MicroBioSteel
01-09-2012, 12:27 AM
1) There is no way we make it to the SB with our team as banged up as is was. Maybe one or 2 of the injuries we can weather but not all of them.

2) As bad as it is to lose against the Yonkos would you prefer to go to New England and lose against them.....face it... we were a lame old horse that mercifully was put down before we suffered.

3) Things are going to be tough next year. Age has caught up to our D and our recent picks have not flashed yet. As much as it pains me to say, the days of Defense as we know and love it are OVER. Gone are the days of dominant defenses....replaced by good defenses that will never be great because the new rules prevent them from being great.

Not all is lost though......we still have one hell of an offense (if healthy). I think the way fwd is to supercharge the O and turnover the D with what remains. I hate these new rules but this is how we win in this new reality.

We all need to take a break and think about it. We still are the Steelers the greatest American football team on the planet. We know how to win and how to lose. We learn, adapt and move on.

BradshawsHairdresser
01-09-2012, 01:41 AM
We learn, adapt and move on.

Except we have Airhead Arians at OC and St. LeBeau at DC...haven't seen a whole lot of learning and adapting out of either of them lately...

SteelBucks
01-09-2012, 08:32 AM

Except we have Airhead Arians at OC and St. LeBeau at DC...haven't seen a whole lot of learning and adapting out of either of them lately...

I hope Arians leaves and LeBeau return. Like it or not, he's still one of the best defensive coordinators around.

DukieBoy
01-09-2012, 08:49 AM

Adapt or die. Old-style Steeler football is the defunct paradigm in the NFL. We have stubbornly not changed enough to the new NFL. New England has. Green Bay has. New Orleans has. It's not about defense as much, not anymore. And our offensive schemes stink, the stench covered up by Ben's skills (most of the time).

SteelBucks
01-09-2012, 08:52 AM

Adapt or die. Old-style Steeler football is the defunct paradigm in the NFL. We have stubbornly not changed enough to the new NFL. New England has. Green Bay has. New Orleans has. It's not about defense as much, not anymore. And our offensive schemes stink, the stench covered up by Ben's skills (most of the time).

I won't miss the bubble screen! :wink:

frankthetank1
01-09-2012, 08:55 AM
i would of preferred the steelers of won against the broncos and lost against the pats then to go out like they did yesterday. that was an embarrassing game mostly because tebow had his way with the defense. the qb with the lowest qb rating since akili smith torched the number one defense in the nfl. its funny to me that arians is still the problem. give it up already, not all of the steelers problems are offensive play calling. the offense could have been better yesterday but minus a bad snap and a fumble at the end of regulation it would have been a W.

ike had a terrible game from the start and denver exploded with 20 points in the 2nd quarter yet the defense made no adjustments. if you want to blame a coach then blame lebeau