PDA

View Full Version : OK, let's be honest - who else was SURE Sweezy was gonna ...

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-08-2012, 10:17 PM
... was gonna miss that last FG?

Or heck, even the PAT!?

I'm really glad he doesn't have to go through the off-season with the entire Steeler universe blaming him for keeping us from the SB, that wouldn't have been fair. All-in-all, he really didn't stand out as the missing link of this season, IMO.

proudsteelerfamily
01-08-2012, 10:24 PM
I think we should have let him try the FG t the end of regulation. In the thin air at Mile High, he may have made it. If not, who cares?

Steelgal
01-08-2012, 10:25 PM
It couldn't have hurt letting him try. I would have been all for it.

NorthCoast
01-08-2012, 10:26 PM
I agree. He was kicking deep all game long. Tomlin is not the best decision maker out there.

MaxAMillion
01-08-2012, 10:27 PM
I think we should have let him try the FG t the end of regulation. In the thin air at Mile High, he may have made it. If not, who cares?

I wouldn't have tried it because it would have been a real low kick that could have been blocked. I would have tried it if they could have made it to the Bronco 40, but a 67 yard try just seemed to risky for me.

flippy
01-08-2012, 10:28 PM
I wanted to see him try. Tomlin lets him attempt 50+ yarders at sea level. It's really no different than a 60+ yarder in Denver.

Prater would have gotten a shot.

Tomlin doesn't make sense with his decisions sometimes.

Steelers>NFL
01-08-2012, 10:29 PM
Can not blame the FG kicker for this anemic loss!

focosteeler
01-08-2012, 10:31 PM
I wanted to see him try. Tomlin lets him attempt 50+ yarders at sea level. It's really no different than a 60+ yarder in Denver.

Prater would have gotten a shot.

Tomlin doesn't make sense with his decisions sometimes.

thats cause prater puts them through the uprights on kickoffs almost everytime, he has consistency.

i do think they should move kickoffs back to the 30 in denver i like watching kick returns :D

D Rock
01-08-2012, 10:32 PM

even if he were 6 miles up, Sushi had no chance at a 67 yard fg.

Starlifter
01-08-2012, 10:50 PM
sushi doesn't even give you the HOPE he can make it. he simply can't. if something is impossible - don't even try it. something really really bad could happen.

I sure hope we have a kicking competition in august.

Steelgal
01-08-2012, 10:53 PM
sushi doesn't even give you the HOPE he can make it. he simply can't. if something is impossible - don't even try it. something really really bad could happen.

I sure hope we have a kicking competition in august.

They had a competition this past pre-season and kept the wrong guy. they should have kept Swayzi (was that his name???)

JTP53609
01-08-2012, 10:53 PM
well its too bad our drive stalled at midfield at the end of the game, we had the ball at the denver 45 with 40 seconds to go and 2 timeouts and we went backwards, unreal....that was where the game was lost.

Lebsteel
01-08-2012, 11:03 PM
Tomlin didnt blame injuries but it was very hard to replace Pouncey, Mendy, Clark, Hampton, Kiesel along with a hobbled Ben. Oh well... :tt1 GO STEELERS next season....let the draft threads begin!

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-09-2012, 11:58 AM
When Ben called the TO prior to the Cotchery TD I just had a feeling that it would come back to bite us.

That being said, if we have confidence in Sushi we get back to this:

1-10-DEN 45 (:29) (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger sacked at PIT 44 for -11 yards (92-E.Dumervil). FUMBLES (92-E.Dumervil), and recovers at PIT 44. 7-B.Roethlisberger to PIT 44 for no gain (58-V.Miller).

Redman has been slashing through the D non-stop, and there is :29 and one timeout left. There is more than enough time for a shotgun draw here and then a spike. We would still have had more than enough time to run another play afterwards with our timeout remaining. We are probably less than ten yards away from a decent FG range in the thin air, but we instead went for the long developing play with an OL missing two key starters.

D Rock
01-09-2012, 07:21 PM
When Ben called the TO prior to the Cotchery TD I just had a feeling that it would come back to bite us.

That being said, if we have confidence in Sushi we get back to this:

1-10-DEN 45 (:29) (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger sacked at PIT 44 for -11 yards (92-E.Dumervil). FUMBLES (92-E.Dumervil), and recovers at PIT 44. 7-B.Roethlisberger to PIT 44 for no gain (58-V.Miller).

Redman has been slashing through the D non-stop, and there is :29 and one timeout left. There is more than enough time for a shotgun draw here and then a spike. We would still have had more than enough time to run another play afterwards with our timeout remaining. We are probably less than ten yards away from a decent FG range in the thin air, but we instead went for the long developing play with an OL missing two key starters.

The situational play calling and execution has been atrocious all year long. This is a problem across the NFL from the games I've watched. It's really unbelievable that people get paid millions of dollars to screw up consistently . No one seems to be able to use their heads when the time comes to do it.