PDA

View Full Version : We will be fine don't worry

Steelers33
01-08-2012, 09:51 PM
Yes, this loss sucks but taking a look back at our season and the future it is really not that bad. Only reason it is bad is Tebow and how much pub he will get for this, but that will die down once he gets destroyed by NE next week so it will only be bad for about a week. We were just not a good road team this season, and that combined with injuries and age is what did us in. It is alright though because we will rebuild. Everyone knew it, myself included, that we were not going to the win Super Bowl this year. We would have a slim chance of beating NE in their place, and quite frankly as much as I hate to say it, Baltimore probably would have pummeled us on their field too. That would have been way worse than this. And I would have nightmares about seeing Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers in the Super Bowl again, so take it for what it is it is just not our year. Look, The Saints are going to win the Super Bowl anyways and I like Drew Brees( as many people do ) so it is all good.

The best part of this, is that our team will get younger as our plethora of young talent starts to develop. On defense we have good young corners ( Brown Lewis Allen ), good young linebackers ( Worilds Woodley Sylvester Timmons ), and a handful of good young defensive lineman( Cam Heyward Ziggy McLendon ). Let them continue to develop ( as we can develop defensive talent so well ), and you potentially have another very solid defensive unit. You all know the skill we have on offensive at the receiver position, Redman is good Mendy will hopefully return to form, and we have some good talent on the o-line in Willie Colon, Marcus Gilbert, and Pouncey ( even though we could use more in this department ). I say with all this talent continuing to develop, we will be even better next year, and we won't break down late in that years season because of old age like we did this season. Ben will be hungrier than ever, and you know Colbert is going to draft some good young talent. We got this!

DukieBoy
01-08-2012, 09:56 PM
If talent is counteracted by a prevailing attitude of arrogance, poor preparation, inferior strategies, then the talent will only make for a mediocre team.

PlayForBlood
01-08-2012, 09:57 PM
I couldn't agree more with the original post
I really think with Heyward, Cortez, Antonio, Emanuel, and others that we are only going to get better next year..

Lets Go Steelers! I will love you no matter what!

JTP53609
01-08-2012, 10:03 PM
i hate to compliment baltimore....but when they cut heap, mason, mcgahee, and other key vets on their team, alot of people thought this would be a rebuilding year for them, however, they look strong now and for years to come, we will do the same with the farriors,smiths,wards, hamptons and other vets and they will be replaced by younger players and it will all be good.

Steelers33
01-08-2012, 10:30 PM
i hate to compliment baltimore....but when they cut heap, mason, mcgahee, and other key vets on their team, alot of people thought this would be a rebuilding year for them, however, they look strong now and for years to come, we will do the same with the farriors,smiths,wards, hamptons and other vets and they will be replaced by younger players and it will all be good.

Yeah the only difference would be was that this group of players won 2 Super Bowls and got us to 3. Its been quite a run for these veterans, and I am hopeful that see we see at least a few of them in the Hall of Fame.

JTP53609
01-08-2012, 10:37 PM

Yeah the only difference would be was that this group of players won 2 Super Bowls and got us to 3. Its been quite a run for these veterans, and I am hopeful that see we see at least a few of them in the Hall of Fame.

of this group of aging Steelers I think a few get to the HOF (yes I know some are retired)
Bettis-Yes
Hines-Yes
Ben-Yes
Polamalu-Yes

Farrior-No
Harrison-Too short of a career, NO
A. Smith-No, too underrated to get in

Faneca-Maybe

Sepulvada- Yes...
just wanted to see if your paying attention

winwithd
01-08-2012, 10:51 PM
I think the future is bright. Yes we have some holes to fill but I trust the FO with filling those holes. The injuries really took their toll. I think Wallace may need a little attitude adjustment. I hope he works with AB in the offseason to improve his hands. I thought a lot of his deep catches this year were not clean catches. He needs to improve in that area. He may the God-given ability to be great but maybe he needs a better work ethic. Just so they learn from this and come back better year.

I've been telling my friends so far that if we are not going to win it all at least we moved up a little in the draft.

SteelCrazy
01-08-2012, 10:59 PM
Future does look bright, but I want to cry a little more about this season first. Oh, and the future better not include Arians, Farrior, Ward, A. Smith, Kemo, Arians, and Arians. And how could Ike play so well all season then drop the reins at the end?

SteelBucks
01-08-2012, 11:09 PM
Future does look bright, but I want to cry a little more about this season first. Oh, and the future better not include Arians, Farrior, Ward, A. Smith, Kemo, Arians, and Arians. And how could Ike play so well all season then drop the reins at the end?

I think they'll bring back Hines to let him finish out his contact. I agree with the rest though. I hope the find a suitable replacement for Farrior either in the draft or FA because I'm still not sold on Sylvester.

Steelers33
01-08-2012, 11:34 PM

I think they'll bring back Hines to let him finish out his contact. I agree with the rest though. I hope the find a suitable replacement for Farrior either in the draft or FA because I'm still not sold on Sylvester.

Vontaze Burfict is a guy to look at for this. Great athlete, that with an attitude adjustment, would be nice for us. But I am actually kind of glad this loss happened to us. A loss of this type is a drastic wake up call for an organization so you know we are going to take action.
In the draft for defense lets get a NT and ILB to help with run defense, and a guard or tackle for offense.