PDA

View Full Version : Against all odds that we got this far

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-08-2012, 09:28 PM
*** Defensive line losing two pro bowl starters in the 1st quarter, to be replaced with rooks/2nd years. Oh, and our starting free safety couldn't even suit up.

*** Offensive line w/ a rookie center. And one or two 3rd or 4th string players.

*** QB hobbled, and not in a minor way.

We were playing on borrowed time for most of the year, and we almost made it to the next round.

No need for these players to hang their heads. And to get this rag-tag bunch to the playoffs isn't an easy coaching job either.

Just my :2c .

:tt1 :tt2

Steelgal
01-08-2012, 09:32 PM
A voice of reason finally.

Yes, this loss sux and hurts like heck right now. Lots of blame to go around and excuses to make. They should have won, but were outplayed and outcoached. It happens, as they say any given Sunday. Just gonna avoid the media all week, if not longer.

Oviedo
01-08-2012, 09:40 PM
*** Defensive line losing two pro bowl starters in the 1st quarter, to be replaced with rooks/2nd years. Oh, and our starting free safety couldn't even suit up.

*** Offensive line w/ a rookie center. And one or two 3rd or 4th string players.

*** QB hobbled, and not in a minor way.

We were playing on borrowed time for most of the year, and we almost made it to the next round.

No need for these players to hang their heads. And to get this rag-tag bunch to the playoffs isn't an easy coaching job either.

Just my :2c .

:tt1 :tt2

Don't forget a defensive coordinator who refuses to change or adjust and one on offense who can't be consistent despite a wealth of talent. Both need to get gold watches and go bye bye!!!!!

LouSteel
01-08-2012, 09:43 PM
Gotta agree, SASF.

Even if we pulled the W out today, we would be in for a world of hurt against NE.

The SB just wasn't in the cards this year.

NW Steeler
01-08-2012, 09:46 PM
Agreed. Time to shake this thing up a bit. This game should have been over when Ben threw the backward pass. I hope that when the brass evaluates the season and looks at all of the injuries we had that they don't decide to keep the status qou. Time to get proactive with a slight rebuild. That was not a 12-4 team that was on the field tonight.