PDA

View Full Version : Should have never went to OT

SteelCrazy
01-08-2012, 09:26 PM
Our last possession with 25 seconds left and a TO, bonehead Arians should have rant the ball. They had 3 down linemen and the LB's were playing deep. We could have easily got 10 yards on a running play, called a time out and kicked the winner, but Arians is such a genius he went with the obvious and got our arses kicked. result? A sack. fumble........I'm as sick as I have ever been. The Broncos called a good game and Tebow came through. Our D gets a lot of the blame, but they were too tired to go into OT. Cudos to the Broncos, but Arians is to blame in my eyes.

Tell me how its the defenses fault now.

Steel Life
01-08-2012, 09:43 PM
Our last possession with 25 seconds left and a TO, bonehead Arians should have rant the ball. They had 3 down linemen and the LB's were playing deep. We could have easily got 10 yards on a running play, called a time out and kicked the winner, but Arians is such a genius he went with the obvious and got our arses kicked. result? A sack. fumble........I'm as sick as I have ever been. The Broncos called a good game and Tebow came through. Our D gets a lot of the blame, but they were too tired to go into OT. Cudos to the Broncos, but Arians is to blame in my eyes.

While I agree that Arians abandoned the run too often today & in bad spots, there's no way both safeties should've been on near the line. Considering the troubles our DBs had today, Mundy should've told to stay back no matter what.

Shoe
01-08-2012, 09:47 PM
You certainly aren't incorrect. But when it's your job to "shadow the opponent's best WR all game", and you say you are a "Pro Bowl player", "lockdown CB", etc. you simply can't give Demarius Thomas, perhaps the 50th best WR in the league, 50 yards every time he catches the ball (and he caught four, not to mention a large pass interference).

In other words, our shutdown corner gave up approximately 250 yards to the 50th best WR in the league.

NW Steeler
01-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Ike really sucked a big fat one tonight.

Oviedo
01-08-2012, 09:50 PM

OK, we get you hate Arians but LeBeau lost this game for us with his inability to make any in game adjustments. Our defense can't stop the worst QB in the NFL who even the announcers knew would primarily throw to his left.

SteelCrazy
01-08-2012, 09:53 PM
I agree with both of you, but I'm making it my mission to get rid of Bruce Arians. Our D did play too weak today and it got them beat. They played to not give up the big play and gave it up at least 5 times. Ike proved he didnt deserve to get htat pro bowl bid. Im ill fellows. I've never been this devastated after a loss. Oh, i've been close but this one takes the cake and the whole bakery. Still say we should have ran it with one to remaining.

SteelCrazy
01-08-2012, 09:55 PM

OK, we get you hate Arians but LeBeau lost this game for us with his inability to make any in game adjustments. Our defense can't stop the worst QB in the NFL who even the announcers knew would primarily throw to his left.

i'd argue with you but im drained....

Steel Life
01-08-2012, 09:57 PM

And we get that you have a beef with LeBeau Ovie...but a lot of what we saw today was poor play by a normally reliable player (Ike) along with a mistake or two by an inexperienced player (Mundy). I think part of the problem with the D was that they played to what they saw on tape...despite what John Fox said, the Broncos tweaked what they've been doing with the deep throws. Would've like to see a few more blitzes & more of a "dime" look throughout though.

BradshawsHairdresser
01-08-2012, 09:58 PM

I agree that we should have at least gotten a FG attempt on our last possession. The play-calling was pathetic at the end of that drive. Is there anyone who still believes BA deserves to remain our OC?

SteelBucks
01-08-2012, 09:58 PM

Ok, we get you hate LeBeau.

NorthCoast
01-08-2012, 10:08 PM
When an OL with 5 guys cant hold out for more than 3 sec against a 3 man rush, you know it aint scheme. Its guys getting beat mano-a-mano, plain and simple. our OL was pathetic...

papillon
01-09-2012, 12:07 AM
I agree with both of you, but I'm making it my mission to get rid of Bruce Arians. Our D did play too weak today and it got them beat. They played to not give up the big play and gave it up at least 5 times. Ike proved he didnt deserve to get htat pro bowl bid. Im ill fellows. I've never been this devastated after a loss. Oh, i've been close but this one takes the cake and the whole bakery. Still say we should have ran it with one to remaining.

Actually, the defense played "to give up the bio play" and they did. They played more cover zero and cover 1 (poorly I might add) today than they have in 10 years. They didn't give Tebow any respect for being able to complete passes and he proved them wrong. Tebow made Troy look like a 6th round draft pick and a rookie to boot.

Pappy

pick6
01-09-2012, 12:23 AM
You certainly aren't incorrect. But when it's your job to "shadow the opponent's best WR all game", and you say you are a "Pro Bowl player", "lockdown CB", etc. you simply can't give Demarius Thomas, perhaps the 50th best WR in the league, 50 yards every time he catches the ball (and he caught four, not to mention a large pass interference).

In other words, our shutdown corner gave up approximately 250 yards to the 50th best WR in the league.

Nail on the head.

PSU_dropout43
01-09-2012, 03:34 AM
When an OL with 5 guys cant hold out for more than 3 sec against a 3 man rush, you know it aint scheme. Its guys getting beat mano-a-mano, plain and simple. our OL was pathetic...
word.

Jooser
01-09-2012, 07:11 AM
Offensive Line play was a huge determining factor last night. Our porous OL got Ben sacked and harassed all night. Tebow's OL stood it's ground, protected him, and gave him and the RB's ample running room all night. Our team has been pretty soft all season, thus the many injuries we sustained that turned much of our team's roster into a revolving door. On the sack, Redman was open for an easy 10-15 yrd gain, but Ben missed him. He missed alot of open receivers all night by either overthrowing them or he just never say them. Missed opportunities and injuries are the storylines of this doomed season.

-Joos

Scarletfire1970
01-09-2012, 07:35 AM
So we win this game then we get are butts handed to us in Foxboro. No thanks. I have seen that enough already.

Sword
01-09-2012, 10:29 AM
With the number one Defense we should have Blitz's relentlessly and
made Tebow as a new QB, beat our Defense....

I mean on critical downs for Denver we should have brought the kitchen sink and Troy......

Sword

feltdizz
01-09-2012, 10:31 AM
So we win this game then we get are butts handed to us in Foxboro. No thanks. I have seen that enough already.

Nothing worse then losing to a team you should beat.

papillon
01-09-2012, 12:41 PM

Accepting a loss due to believing the next game is a loss is just weird. Each game plays out differently against different talent. There is nothing good about losing to the Broncos; I'd rather be discussing how to stop Tom Brady than who we're selecting in position 1.24 of the upcoming draft.

Pappy

aggiebones
01-09-2012, 02:36 PM
Things were just lining up against us in this game.

Mundy for Clark, yikes. But noone expects Clark to risk his life in that game.

Entire starting DL is watching from sidelines.
Woodley can't really go.
Ben is a hobbled mess and they were twisting his ankle any chance they got.
One RB that has any experience, who did a great job.
OL in shambles, more than normal.

Starting LG switches to backup C, thus weakening 2 spots.