pick6
01-08-2012, 09:19 PM
This is shameful.

Eddie Spaghetti
01-08-2012, 09:26 PM
01 new england

saxtonsteeler
01-08-2012, 09:28 PM
look at it this way...denver saved the steelers an embarassing humiliation next week

The Man of Steel
01-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Super Bowl 30, no doubt.

Steelgal
01-08-2012, 09:29 PM
And the overreactions start.......

this is far from the worst lost in history. Doubt it even makes the top 5. Reality is, we had 3 DL for 3/4 of the game, with one a rookie and another a 2nd year guy. We were w/o our leading tackler and our probowl center. Then our LT went out. Yes, it's a really bad loss right now, but there have been many worse.

NottinghamForest_UK
01-08-2012, 09:32 PM
WTF? Take away those mad 5 second quarter minutes and it would have been a different story!

The week one loss to the Rat Birds was much worse!

pick6
01-08-2012, 09:35 PM
look at it this way...denver saved the steelers an embarassing humiliation next week

No way. No other team is qb'd by tebow. We have a veteran team that should never fail on this stage and be part of that bums history. I can't watch tv until the draft, that's the only good thing about this. The catch then the stiff arm. How do I show my face tomorrow.

SteelBucks
01-08-2012, 09:40 PM
SD in the AFC Championship at home ('94?) is still worse.

pick6
01-08-2012, 09:43 PM

This might be the only one but Tim Tebow cmon man this is despicable.

NW Steeler
01-08-2012, 09:47 PM

That one still haunts me.

focosteeler
01-08-2012, 09:52 PM

This might be the only one but Tim Tebow cmon man this is despicable.

tim tebow was 10 - 21 passing, thomas abused ike, that was the difference it wasnt a bad loss, very close game

BradshawsHairdresser
01-08-2012, 09:52 PM
Worst Steeler loss of 2012...

SteelBucks
01-08-2012, 09:54 PM

That one still haunts me.

I slept on the floor that night as punishment for being a fan of that team. They were unstoppable until Tim McKyer got burnt. I still have nightmares.

Steelgal
01-08-2012, 09:56 PM

Technically 2012, but not this season. I still think the 1st loss to Rats was worse. If it wasn't for that, we would have had the bye and home field. they came into the game prepared and we looked like crap. they wanted it more.

pick6
01-08-2012, 10:06 PM
Ok, what makes a loss bad, for me is measured by how inexplicable it is. When you lokk up and say what just happened to us. That team need to run the ball on us effectively to win. They didn't. This guy completes 10 fricking passes and our season is over. And this is worse because its Tebow, the poster boy for the substanceless nature of modern American pop culture. We actually allowed that guy to do that ridiculous pose. Damnit Ike.

Ghost
01-08-2012, 10:12 PM

This was the one that immediately came to mind. Beyond brutal.

Today was really bad though. There was no reason to lose to that team today. Just an insane loss to a guy who threw for 60 yards total a week ago and had a career day today. He confused the D much more than they confused him.

feltdizz
01-08-2012, 10:15 PM
This is worse than 94. At least San Diego was decent on offense... We watched Tebow struggle to get past midfield the last 3 games. We had 3 weeks of film on how to beat Denver and we were abused.

I'm a Lebeau Dan but that has to be the worst choke job I have ever seen.

sd steel
01-08-2012, 10:40 PM
I hate losing, but not a bad loss considering:
Pouncey
Mendenhall
Mewelde
Aaron Smith
Hampton
Keisel
Hoke
Clark
And Ben hobbled.

But we should have won the game in the last drive with 1:30 remaining and 2 time outs. Ben and some very questionable routes called in that drive killed it. Lebeau wanted to make Tebow beat us and he beat Taylor.

But there have been alot worse losses than this. San Diego 94, Dallas 95, Denver with Kordell, any loss to the Pats*, Jacksonville playoff game, Green Bay in last years Super Bowl, just to name a few.

BradshawsHairdresser
01-08-2012, 10:49 PM
I hate losing, but not a bad loss considering:
Pouncey
Mendenhall
Mewelde
Aaron Smith
Hampton
Keisel
Hoke
Clark
And Ben hobbled.

But we should have won the game in the last drive with 1:30 remaining and 2 time outs. Ben and some very questionable routes called in that drive killed it. Lebeau wanted to make Tebow beat us and he beat Taylor.

But there have been alot worse losses than this. San Diego 94, Dallas 95, Denver with Kordell, any loss to the Pats*, Jacksonville playoff game, Green Bay in last years Super Bowl, just to name a few.

:Agree

pick6
01-08-2012, 10:51 PM
Guys we lost to a team with no QB. He routinely completes 5-6 passes per game. And so he doubled that against us for 10 completions and we could not win. There have been other tough losses for nothing as humiliating as losing to a team with a pampered fraud at QB. Well he beat us will be the common refrain. And to that my only reply is silence. This is absolutely horrible.

ps Imagine we play a team and knock 3 of their qbs out of the game. So theyre in an emergency situation. Their 3rd string TE was pretty good in college so they give him a shot. He comes in, complete 10 passes and beats us. Can you imagine Trent difler right now, how about the Ravens coach.

papillon
01-08-2012, 11:27 PM

:D :D :D :D :D

Pappy

sd steel
01-08-2012, 11:34 PM
Guys we lost to a team with no QB. He routinely completes 5-6 passes per game. And so he doubled that against us for 10 completions and we could not win. There have been other tough losses for nothing as humiliating as losing to a team with a pampered fraud at QB. Well he beat us will be the common refrain. And to that my only reply is silence. This is absolutely horrible.

ps Imagine we play a team and knock 3 of their qbs out of the game. So theyre in an emergency situation. Their 3rd string TE was pretty good in college so they give him a shot. He comes in, complete 10 passes and beats us. Can you imagine Trent difler right now, how about the Ravens coach.

Dude, whether Tebow is a good passer has really nothing to do with it. He won a National Championship, he won a Heisman, and he has never in his entire life lost 3 games in a row until last week. The guy is a winner and won 6 straight in this league already. We played to stop the run, which we did, and he made some good passes, and proved that maybe he can have some success as a QB in something other than a true NFL offense. You act like the guy played behind you on your high school team, and then they called him up because he had the winning lotto ticket. The guy was a first round draft picj in the NFL, and he is a fantastic athlete and a great leader. What don't you understand?

pick6
01-08-2012, 11:57 PM

Dude, whether Tebow is a good passer has really nothing to do with it. He won a National Championship, he won a Heisman, and he has never in his entire life lost 3 games in a row until last week. The guy is a winner and won 6 straight in this league already. We played to stop the run, which we did, and he made some good passes, and proved that maybe he can have some success as a QB in something other than a true NFL offense. You act like the guy played behind you on your high school team, and then they called him up because he had the winning lotto ticket. The guy was a first round draft picj in the NFL, and he is a fantastic athlete and a great leader. What don't you understand?

Tebows passing ability has nothing to do with it. But a Heisman trophy and a championship are supposed to make me feel better about losing to this bum. The fact that you buy into these lies that HE won 6 in a row, as if all the other follies that happened in those games not to mention their Def and Mcghahee, had anything to do with that team winning. This is what sucks. that our team helped to build the false mystique built around this guy and that a Steeler fan is asking me what i don't understand. What a joke.

Jigawatts
01-09-2012, 12:01 AM
It was a wild card game. Overjoyed browns fans around here are comparing it to The Drive
or The Fumble. Sure it stings, but I'm not looking for any tall buildings either.

flippy
01-09-2012, 12:05 AM
Doesn't seem so bad to me. We fought til the end.

Had loads of injuries. Not our best team. I was surprised we made it as far as we did. This team surpassed my expectations.

It's time to retool the D and start getting some QB pressure. This is an issue I've been complaining about for the last couple seasons. We need a D that can get consistent QB pressure. Our biggest issue.

I'll give Ben a pass cause of his ankle.

It may be time to let Wallace go and pay for some OLine talent to keep Ben healthy for our next playoff run. Time to cut the fat, the old, the broken down, and the guys who don't have the clutch gene.

Eddie Spaghetti
01-09-2012, 12:09 AM
This is an issue I've been complaining about for the last couple seasons. We need a D that can get consistent QB pressure. guys who don't have the clutch gene.

while I agree the pass rush was down this year, we led the league in sacks last season. What more did you want?

Jigawatts
01-09-2012, 12:12 AM
This is an issue I've been complaining about for the last couple seasons. We need a D that can get consistent QB pressure. guys who don't have the clutch gene.

while I agree the pass rush was down this year, we led the league in sacks last season. What more did you want?

A timely splash play.

flippy
01-09-2012, 12:14 AM

Sacks don't matter. It's QB pressure that matters. And we didn't get it last year consistently. We had to manufacture pressure to get sacks. This is something we could see coming for a couple seasons.

Eddie Spaghetti
01-09-2012, 12:15 AM
sacks don't matter now?

huh, learn something new every day.

Steelhere10
01-09-2012, 12:19 AM
Not bad for me, I judged the playoff run by last week. I knew we wasn't going far. But i did expect to beat them bums.

flippy
01-09-2012, 12:24 AM
sacks don't matter now?

a defense that gets consistent pressure will create more mistakes than a team that pads their stats with sacks but gets little QB pressure.

sacks are overrated. i'd rather have TOs and pressure leads to the mistakes that create TOs.

Dee Dub
01-09-2012, 12:31 AM
I think being down 20-17 with the ball and just over 4 minutes to play and then watching Neil O'Donell throw two picks to Larry Brown was the worst loss I have ever had to swallow as a Steeler fan.

Honestly this could turn out to be one of the best defeats the Steelers ever had. I think a one and done and to lose to the Broncos ( a team that is inept on offense), and the way they lost may force this organization to go out and correct the holes they have.

Eddie Spaghetti
01-09-2012, 12:34 AM
sacks don't matter now?

a defense that gets consistent pressure will create more mistakes than a team that pads their stats with sacks but gets little QB pressure.

sacks are overrated. i'd rather have TOs and pressure leads to the mistakes that create TOs.

I just get sick of guys like you moving the goalposts.

it sacks, no its pressure, no wait, its turnovers.

sd steel
01-09-2012, 12:38 AM
"The fact that you buy into these lies that HE won 6 in a row,"

Was he the starting QB on the team? Did he play in all the games they won?

They aren't lies if they are true. If you ever played a team sport you would realize that sometimes intangables can win ball games. Leadership and confidence are some of those intangibles. Tebow played an integral role in winning many if not all of the games they won this season. Managing a game, not making critical mistakes and instilling confidence in your team could all be considered reasons why Tebow has been successful. Again you talk like he is some non athletic rummy, when in reality he would probably embarass you in any sport on any field playing right handed.

NJ-STEELER
01-09-2012, 12:40 AM
if they held that as a stat

i would bet the steelrs defense is near the top of qb pressures along with sacks.

dont know how you have one but not the other. makes it sound like the only time they get pressure is when they actually get the QB down

that said, you are not going to get pressure without blitzing in this defensive scheme. its designed to have the OLBs be the pressure guys with DL setting them up. and im unimpressed with the pass rush ability our recent #1 draft pick DEs have provided

Slapstick
01-09-2012, 07:21 AM
Tim Tebow made the plays he needed to in order to win the game...

Period.

In the Broncos' three previous games he did not.

Just because he didn't, it does not mean that he isn't capable of doing so.

I don't have particularly strong feelings about him (even after yesterday) but if you think he isn't a good football player, you are simply being willfully ignorant.

frankthetank1
01-09-2012, 09:31 AM
[quote="Eddie Spaghetti":3f7hcui6]sacks don't matter now?

it sacks, no its pressure, no wait, its turnovers.[/quote:3f7hcui6]

well pressure and sacks do create turnovers. i would have been happy with either sacks or pressure yesterday instead of NOTHING!!! i cant believe how badly the defense played. this game reminded me a lot of the 94 tragedy against the chargers just because stan humphries and tim tebow both suck yet they had huge games against a highly ranked steeler defense

Ghost
01-09-2012, 09:36 AM
I think being down 20-17 with the ball and just over 4 minutes to play and then watching Neil O'Donell throw two picks to Larry Brown was the worst loss I have ever had to swallow as a Steeler fan.

Honestly this could turn out to be one of the best defeats the Steelers ever had. I think a one and done and to lose to the Broncos ( a team that is inept on offense), and the way they lost may force this organization to go out and correct the holes they have.

2 very good points. The Dallas game made me physically sick.

And you're spot on about the making the team take a good look in the mirror to make some needed changes.

feltdizz
01-09-2012, 09:53 AM
"The fact that you buy into these lies that HE won 6 in a row,"

Was he the starting QB on the team? Did he play in all the games they won?

They aren't lies if they are true. If you ever played a team sport you would realize that sometimes intangables can win ball games. Leadership and confidence are some of those intangibles. Tebow played an integral role in winning many if not all of the games they won this season. Managing a game, not making critical mistakes and instilling confidence in your team could all be considered reasons why Tebow has been successful. Again you talk like he is some non athletic rummy, when in reality he would probably embarass you in any sport on any field playing right handed.

I don't think fans are comparing themselves to athletes when they talk about how bad/average they are.

Fans are talking about Tebow compared to NFL QB's and I think you are fooling yourself if you think he is that good.

Tebow is a good football player but he is a horrible QB. We made the mistake of going all in on the run all day long. Other teams with less talent found ways to make him look pedestrian and we found a way to make him look like a HOFer.

The sad thing is if Tebow was a half decent passer he probabley completes 5 more of those passes for another 150 and another TD.

Slapstick
01-09-2012, 11:44 AM
Tebow made himself look good against the Steelers...just like he made himself look bad the previous three games...

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-09-2012, 12:50 PM

That was probably the worst feeling I have ever had as a Steelers fan following a game. I was in FLA at the time staying at my in-laws and didn't talk to anyone for about a day and a half.

flippy
01-09-2012, 12:55 PM
[quote="Eddie Spaghetti":2mwl12h4]sacks don't matter now?

it sacks, no its pressure, no wait, its turnovers.[/quote:2mwl12h4]

Take some Tums and relax.

Sorry to make you sick :)

flippy
01-09-2012, 12:56 PM

2 very good points. The Dallas game made me physically sick.

And you're spot on about the making the team take a good look in the mirror to make some needed changes.

+2 - I hope this is a catalyst to hurry up and get better while we still have Ben.

MeetJoeGreene
01-09-2012, 01:17 PM

Yup. that is my pick

spyboots
01-09-2012, 01:24 PM
No, the worst loss was the 1976 season (too many injuries).

Same this year (too many injuries). I'm suprised we got this far actually. We played with a crippled, ragtag team, and I am proud of our Steelers.

pick6
01-09-2012, 01:33 PM
The fact that you would compare Tebow, to me, a guy you don't know demonstrates how terrible a QB he really is. Stop being a cheerleader. "I bet you couldn't do any better." What are you, in the 3rd grade, grow up.

I can't buy this silver lining about this loss somehow leading to some profound change within the team. We needed Ike to play better. He and Gay were in great position a few times and instead of playing the ball they simply panicked turned their backs and prayed for the best. No need for major change. One of our best players had a horrible game. Now if Cornell Lake can get them out of this bad technique then that would be a welcome change but that's just it. Furthermore I hate hero worship. This loss sucks because the Broncos are not a good team and for me they have a QB who represents all of what I see to be wrong with pop culture. Giving great value to things that lack substance. I still can't believe we couldn't close this bum out. My team contributed to this guys mystique and it burns a little. Any given Sunday, I guess.

Bad thing for the Broncos is that they are now forced to stick with this guy for the next 2-3 years.

AxnJxn
01-09-2012, 01:36 PM

Yup. that is my pick

Same here. The Dallas SB loss sucked, but the Steelers weren't expected to win that game. They were heavy favorites against SD, and at home to boot.

Sword
01-09-2012, 02:08 PM
vs Browns 51-0 09/10/1989... season opener.....

Sword

pick6
01-09-2012, 02:21 PM
vs Browns 51-0 09/10/1989... season opener.....

Sword

Yeah i remember, OUCH

steelblood
01-09-2012, 02:21 PM
Hyperbole is rampant today.

Ghost
01-09-2012, 02:23 PM

Worst post in the history of this board....

RuthlessBurgher
01-09-2012, 02:25 PM

Worst post in the history of this board....

:lol:

sd steel
01-09-2012, 11:27 PM
The fact that you would compare Tebow, to me, a guy you don't know demonstrates how terrible a QB he really is. Stop being a cheerleader. "I bet you couldn't do any better." What are you, in the 3rd grade, grow up.

I can't buy this silver lining about this loss somehow leading to some profound change within the team. We needed Ike to play better. He and Gay were in great position a few times and instead of playing the ball they simply panicked turned their backs and prayed for the best. No need for major change. One of our best players had a horrible game. Now if Cornell Lake can get them out of this bad technique then that would be a welcome change but that's just it. Furthermore I hate hero worship. This loss sucks because the Broncos are not a good team and for me they have a QB who represents all of what I see to be wrong with pop culture. Giving great value to things that lack substance. I still can't believe we couldn't close this bum out. My team contributed to this guys mystique and it burns a little. Any given Sunday, I guess.

Bad thing for the Broncos is that they are now forced to stick with this guy for the next 2-3 years.

You are what the scoreboard says you are, and Tebow was the winner yesterday. I am using you as a comparison to show how fans can lose themselves in what reality is. Tebow is not a great QB, but he is a world class athlete and competitor. As far as "hero worship" and what is "wrong with pop culture", Tebow is as real as it comes and he seems like a down to earth, clean living guy. I am not a religious person, but if my son wanted to pick a role model I would have no problem with him picking Tebow over 99% of the other athletes out there. I really don't see how anyone could really dislike the guy. He is humble, not all tatted out, isn't a womanizer, doesn't use profanity. Basically he is 100% opposite of what Pop Culture is today, he isn't dating a Kardashian, he didn't cheat in college he doesn't fit the protype of the Pop Culture NFL QB. I hate that he beat us, but I don't hate him.

Dresden
01-10-2012, 01:30 AM
The Title game losses to Diego, Denver, the Patsies and Neil killing us against Dallas are all tied for 1st as our worst losses as far as i'am concerned.

The two gun Clusterfooks of our Superbowl farce against the Packers and Tim the Apostle yesterday,...i was prepared for,.... :lol:

phillyesq
01-10-2012, 09:52 AM

Yup. that is my pick

This gets my vote, and the SB loss against Dallas is probably a close second, followed closely by the AFCCG losses to the pats* at home.