PDA

View Full Version : Ike is garbage

Steelhere10
01-08-2012, 09:09 PM

Shoe
01-08-2012, 09:11 PM
"I am a Pro Bowler", "I deserve to go to the Pro Bowl", "I'm a shutdown corner."

Go **** yourself Taylor, you stupid sorry MF'r.

hawaiiansteel
01-08-2012, 09:12 PM
definitely the worst game I've ever seen Ike play...Thomas ended up with over 200 yards receiving!

BURGH86STEEL
01-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Ike didn't have his best game. Pass rush didn't give him much help. That last play wasn't necessarily on him. The coaches sold out to stop the run and didn't leave any help in the middle of the field. That's a very difficult play to defend for any CB.

Steelhere10
01-08-2012, 09:14 PM
Anytime he get called for a penalty, he goes fro m decent to terrible.

Eddie Spaghetti
01-08-2012, 09:19 PM
worst game by a corner I have ever seen

msp26505
01-08-2012, 09:23 PM
The game plan was to make Tebow beat the Steelers with his arm.

He did...it's that simple.

The truth is, winning this game was just prolonging the inevitable. This team was too beat up to go anywhere this year.

DukieBoy
01-08-2012, 09:23 PM
Swag not, Ike.

NottinghamForest_UK
01-08-2012, 09:36 PM

The truth is, winning this game was just prolonging the inevitable. This team was too beat up to go anywhere this year.

Agreed

Ike is a genius one minute, the next ...... some fans are so fickle!

NottinghamForest_UK
01-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Ike isnt garbage, the city of pittsburghand its residents are suck it steelers!!!!!

In the Queen's English this would mean what exactly?? rEtArD

BradshawsHairdresser
01-08-2012, 09:51 PM
Ike isn't garbage; he had a bad game, but so did the Steelers pass rushers, compounding problems for Ike.

Eddie Spaghetti
01-08-2012, 09:54 PM
deebo, woodley, and worilds had 5 total tackles between them.

that's pathetic.

NW Steeler
01-08-2012, 09:56 PM

Exactly. :(

feltdizz
01-08-2012, 10:00 PM
deebo, woodley, and worilds had 5 total tackles between them.

that's pathetic.

No, Ike was pathetic. It's hard to blame the LB's when Tebow looks like Marino.

Eddie Spaghetti
01-08-2012, 10:03 PM
no, 5 tackles and no pressure from your OLB's is pathetic.

sorry you can't see that.

I have already said ike played poorly.

NJ-STEELER
01-08-2012, 10:06 PM
terrible game from him today

that said, DT is a monster of a receiver. a true #1 type. big, fast, physical

Steelgal
01-08-2012, 10:08 PM
Ike had a horrible game. but when their oline is giving Tebow 7-8 seconds to throw, no corner can cover that long. we weren't getting a pass rush with the DL, because we had no rotation and they were exhausted. Harrison was getting held on just about every play and never got called.

Meanwhile the Broncos were only rushing 3 and Ben was still only getting a few seconds before the pressure came. Pathetic.

pick6
01-08-2012, 10:16 PM
Ike had a horrible game. but when their oline is giving Tebow 7-8 seconds to throw, no corner can cover that long. we weren't getting a pass rush with the DL, because we had no rotation and they were exhausted. Harrison was getting held on just about every play and never got called.

Meanwhile the Broncos were only rushing 3 and Ben was still only getting a few seconds before the pressure came. Pathetic.

You make a piont but none of the passes that killed us took 7-8 seconds. he and gay just refused to relax and play the ball instead they panic and turn their backs hoping its overthrown. they were in good position on 2 occasions. The holding on Harrison was incredible. and the pass inf. when the guy ran into ike that was terrible and it cost us

NorthCoast
01-08-2012, 10:19 PM

true dat gal. only way you can make plays 30 yds down field is if the pass rush is not there...and it wasn't.

The defensive gameplan was baffling at times today. The impact of the injuries to Kiesel and Hampton really showed their ugly head.

Steelgal
01-08-2012, 10:58 PM
tweet from Ike

"Second I apologize for playing the worst game at the wrong time apologize to my teammates steelernation and family. Luv y'all to def"

Starlifter
01-08-2012, 11:08 PM
Ike is a great corner who had a horrible game. My complaint is he was clearly struggling and as far as I can see - we made no adjustments to help him out. That last play we had him completely naked and alone in one on one. Just a horrible defensive call from lebeau.

here's something to consider. I'm not making excuses for Ike as he clearly had a bad game - but when we rushed 3, Tebow had all day to make plays. several times the broncos rushed 3 and Ben was getting sacked, hit, ball knocked out of his hands etc.

That's where the problems really started.

papillon
01-08-2012, 11:17 PM
Ike didn't have his best game. Pass rush didn't give him much help. That last play wasn't necessarily on him. The coaches sold out to stop the run and didn't leave any help in the middle of the field. That's a very difficult play to defend for any CB.

The last play was his worst of the day; he played outside technique knowing he didn't have any help in the middle of the field. The receiver ran a simple post and with Ike on his outside was open the moment he made his cut into the middle of the field, too easy.

Of course, as poorly as Troy played today, maybe Troy was supposed to cover the deep middle, but decided to try and make a splash play and left Ike high and dry. One of them or both of them made a big mistake on that play.

Pappy

NJ-STEELER
01-08-2012, 11:20 PM

The last play was his worst of the day; he played outside technique knowing he didn't have any help in the middle of the field. The receiver ran a simple post and with Ike on his outside was open the moment he made his cut into the middle of the field, too easy.

Of course, as poorly as Troy played today, maybe Troy was supposed to cover the deep middle, but decided to try and make a splash play and left Ike high and dry. One of them or both of them made a big mistake on that play.

Pappy

troy took away the receiver on the other side where he was lined up

Starlifter
01-09-2012, 12:01 AM

Pappy

Pappy I think mundy was supposed to give inside help but he oversold the fake blitz and was out of position. I think Ryan Clark makes that stop. Still have to pin it on Ike however.

Dee Dub
01-09-2012, 12:05 AM
Ike is a great corner who had a horrible game. My complaint is he was clearly struggling and as far as I can see - we made no adjustments to help him out. That last play we had him completely naked and alone in one on one. Just a horrible defensive call from lebeau.

here's something to consider. I'm not making excuses for Ike as he clearly had a bad game - but when we rushed 3, Tebow had all day to make plays. several times the broncos rushed 3 and Ben was getting sacked, hit, ball knocked out of his hands etc.

Great? Are you kidding me? He is decent at best. He is really in my opionion a solid #2. But he is not great by any means. 9 years in the league and has a total of 13 INT's. That alone is far from great.

OldSteelerFan
01-09-2012, 12:05 AM
He has always sucked. Why are we surprised?? Now the world knows. He was exposed big time today. Swagger.......LOL

OldSteelerFan

flippy
01-09-2012, 12:09 AM
Anyone remember the last horrible game Ike had was against the Broncos several years back when he got abused by Javon Walker for 3 TDs and got benched.

Maybe the Broncos are his kryptonite?

BradshawsHairdresser
01-09-2012, 12:24 AM
Maybe the altitude gives Ike a "rocky mountain high"?

Shoe
01-09-2012, 12:39 AM
For some reason, it does make me feel better that he stands in front of his humiliating performance (although, what else could he do?)

Looking at our CB's though, it's clear that they are some of the worst ball athletes collectively in the league. Think Asante Samuel. Think guys like Ronde Barber. Quick, reactive, fluid guys. Our guys may have the measurables, but they are some of the worst players of the ball in the league. (And sadly, I don't think young guys Curtis Brown and Cortez Allen are any more fluid when it comes to playing the ball.)

Oviedo
01-09-2012, 06:21 AM

All players have bad days, but that is where your defensive coordinator is suppose to make adjustments to help players succeed. Our "legend" was taking a nap all afternoon and made no adjustments whatsoever.

I blame Ike but equally blame LeBeau for putting his template in and refusing to adapt.

DukieBoy
01-09-2012, 08:31 AM
A cover 0 in that overtime situation? And who are the perennial all-pro's that stoned Woodley and Harrison for zero sacks ?

frankthetank1
01-09-2012, 08:45 AM

Great? Are you kidding me? He is decent at best. He is really in my opionion a solid #2. But he is not great by any means. 9 years in the league and has a total of 13 INT's. That alone is far from great.

9 seasons and 13 picks, so what who cares? most of the time ike doesnt get balls thrown his way. nnamdi asomugha has been in the league for 9 years as well and has a total of 14 picks. i guess asomugha is a decent corner as well.

Chadman
01-09-2012, 09:31 AM
Ike isn't a bad CB. He's certainly not 'terrible'. But he's not what you'd call a 'playmaker'.

For what it's worth though- neither are Willie Gay or Keenan Lewis- both of them have proven this year to be...well, ok.

Chadman is starting to think Cortez Allen might move to FS, which is a good thing because the Steelers will need pass coverage from the FS/SS before long as Troy is now getting towards the 'aging' mark & ryan Clark has never been a great coverage guy.

The one guy that could be a playmaker at CB is Curtis Brown- but we know so little about him as an NFL pro, it's hard to hang your hat on him.

What the Steelers plan to do with Cortez Allen could be the key here. If they want to move him to FS, the Steelers likely need to come up with a playmaking CB- a guy that is an actual threat to take the ball away. If Allen is staying at CB- then a ballhawking FS needs to be added to the squad ASAP.

In a game where scores are continually getting higher, and passing yards dominate- Good Defense will be decided by turnovers. If nothing else, this season proved the Steelers have room for improvement.

steelblood
01-09-2012, 09:34 AM
Ike had a miserable game. But, we made no adjustments to help him (even in overtime). This is a team loss all the way. Wallace also had a miserable day.

SidSmythe
01-09-2012, 09:39 AM
Garbage??? wow!!
would have hate to have seen this defense this year w/out him

But yesterday he was awful....\
I hope he puts DT on his gloves next year so everytime he makes a play and waves his hands in front of his facemask he's reminded to get over himself.

ramblinjim
01-09-2012, 09:44 AM
Ike's a very good corner. Yesterday, it just didn't matter. Sometimes the other team shows up and kicks your butt and that's what happend to the Steelers defense yesterday. We seemed to lose some of our physical edge this year on both "O" and "D" and our 12-4 record was a little suspect. I thought our ability to win the close games may help us in the playoffs but well, yesterday it just didn't matter.

papillon
01-09-2012, 09:54 AM

Pappy

Pappy I think mundy was supposed to give inside help but he oversold the fake blitz and was out of position. I think Ryan Clark makes that stop. Still have to pin it on Ike however.

You're right, I assumed it was Troy, because, Tebow played him like a violin all day long. I expected mistakes from Mundy, but not the number nor the magnitude of the ones Troy was making. He looked like he had never stepped foot on an NFL football field prior to the game.

Pappy

Steeler Shades
01-09-2012, 11:57 AM
For some reason, it does make me feel better that he stands in front of his humiliating performance (although, what else could he do?)
Posting a Tweet is standing "in front of his humiliating performance"? Where was he after the game? 8)

phillyesq
01-09-2012, 04:18 PM
This might be the worst thread in the history of this forum.

Ike had an awful game yesterday, no doubt. But garbage? Hardly. Ike played a lot of great games this season, and has had an excellent career as a Steeler. He is a solid corner who had one really bad game.

pick6
01-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Love Ike. High impact player. Its just that if you man up and get pumped against him, he simply does not elevate his game. In the superbowl Fitz mutilated his corpse. Again he played outside technique and it was taken to the house. On the fade route for a TD he just got deebo'd Don't remember if he did his patented, get perfect position, turn your back and face guard. In the superbowl, against Jennings on the big 3rd down in their final drive he gets beat again. jennings almost goes house. Think it was a skinny post. I understand corners get burnt in this league. But I just wish he would turn around a play the ball

feltdizz
01-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Ike isn't garbage but he isn't as great as some believe.

The guy can't locate the ball... that is why he doesn't get the love other CB's get.

brothervad
01-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Ok I am going to accept the ridiculous premise that Ike is garbage.

What does that say about Lebeau and Tomlin if this is true? Where were the adjustments made when it was obvious in the first half that Ike was garbage?

They were so fearful of the run they refused to adjust. An inverted zone? When the guy has been torching you all day?

Really?

Ike had a bad game no arguing that...

The coaching staff had a worse game. No way that run call should have been made to sell out on the run.

The coaching staff came in with a gameplan and they were stubborn. The only thing that could've ended the game in OT was a TD and they sold against the run when thing that had killed them all day long was the deep pass.

if Ike is garbage what does that make our brain trust?

brothervad

papillon
01-09-2012, 05:09 PM
Ok I am going to accept the ridiculous premise that Ike is garbage.

What does that say about Lebeau and Tomlin if this is true? Where were the adjustments made when it was obvious in the first half that Ike was garbage?

They were so fearful of the run they refused to adjust. An inverted zone? When the guy has been torching you all day?

Really?

The coaching staff had a worse game. No way that run call should have been made to sell out on the run.

The coaching staff came in with a gameplan and they were stubborn. The only thing that could've ended the game in OT was a TD and they sold against the run when thing that had killed them all day long was the deep pass.

if Ike is garbage what does that make our brain trust?

brothervad

According to many hear at PlanetSteelers the brain trust are the problem, just sayin.

Pappy

Steeler Shades
01-09-2012, 05:11 PM

The coaching staff had a worse game.
:Agree
Sadly it seems to me that THIS coaching staff has had quite a few really bad games and shouldn't be evaluated only on W & Ls during this past year's easy schedule. 8)

Sword
01-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Tebow had to much time to throw!! This is on the coach's Defensive game plan...Bad

Once hiked I think Tebow made a few tweets before he throw the ball....

Sword

Dee Dub
01-09-2012, 05:25 PM

9 seasons and 13 picks, so what who cares? most of the time ike doesnt get balls thrown his way. nnamdi asomugha has been in the league for 9 years as well and has a total of 14 picks. i guess asomugha is a decent corner as well.

franklin, the word that was used was "GREAT". Do you think Ike is a "GREAT" corner? Seriously.

Ike is a descent corner who would be better served playing as a teams #2.

Steelhere10
01-09-2012, 05:31 PM
Maybe the title of the thread was done on
the heat of the moment. But once you get in Ike head. He becomes garbage . Mentally strong he is not.

Iron Shiek
01-09-2012, 06:12 PM

Sadly it seems to me that THIS coaching staff has had quite a few really bad games and shouldn't be evaluated only on W & Ls during this past year's easy schedule. 8)

Yup this has been my argument all day with the many people i work with coming to me asking what happened (as if I had something to do with it). I blame coaching over Ike.

And not to diverge from the thread topic too much, but Shades definitely hit on something that has been nagging at me. The coaches, as greatful as I am to them for producing a winning product recently, have really brought themselves under the spotlight. The defensive game plan and lack of adjusting out of said plan, the constant poor clock management (what the heck were they doing at the end of the 1st half), and the decision to play Ben vs. the Clowns I believe all culminated in this atrocity we witnessed yesterday. I only give Ike a small piece of the blame. More goes to the coaches who set him and the team up for failure over the course of the last few weeks and during the game.

Dee Dub
01-09-2012, 06:34 PM
[quote=brothervad]Ike had a bad game no arguing that...

Yup this has been my argument all day with the many people i work with coming to me asking what happened (as if I had something to do with it). I blame coaching over Ike.

And not to diverge from the thread topic too much, but Shades definitely hit on something that has been nagging at me. The coaches, as greatful as I am to them for producing a winning product recently, have really brought themselves under the spotlight. The defensive game plan and lack of adjusting out of said plan, the constant poor clock management (what the heck were they doing at the end of the 1st half), and the decision to play Ben vs. the Clowns I believe all culminated in this atrocity we witnessed yesterday. I only give Ike a small piece of the blame. More goes to the coaches who set him and the team up for failure over the course of the last few weeks and during the game.[/quote:18bqfr9n]

Blame has to go both ways. Ike got torched on several big plays yesterday. But here's the thing, if you know you dont have help towards the deep middle of the field, you cannot let that receiver get inside on you. Force him towards the sideline where the sideline is your help.

But having said that, by Ike letting him get inside, I think this had to be a blown coverage on one of the safeties.

hawaiiansteel
01-10-2012, 01:42 AM
Don't put all the blame for loss on Taylor

Monday, January 09, 2012
By Ron Cook, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

DENVER -- One by one, Steelers front-office people, coaches and players stopped by to console cornerback Ike Taylor. Defensive coordinator D!ck LeBeau was first. Owner Dan Rooney and general manager Kevin Colbert. Players Ryan Clark, Casey Hampton and Keenan Lewis. Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was the last. He practically lifted Taylor out of his chair and hugged him.

"I just told him I loved him," Roethlisberger said later. "I know he's beating himself up. I told him not to do that. I told him he's still one of the best cornerbacks in the league to me."

Touching, right?

Too bad the players didn't do more to support Taylor on the field. If they had, maybe the Steelers still would be in the AFC playoffs instead of home this morning trying to figure out how they lost to the Denver Broncos Sunday night, 29-23, in overtime.

"People are going to blame it all on Ike," linebacker James Farrior said. "But it was all of us. There were 11 of us out there on defense and all of us are responsible for what happened."

It's not exactly a mystery why the Steelers' season is done. Their defense -- ranked No. 1 in the NFL in points allowed and yards allowed coming in -- made the worst quarterback in the league look like John Elway. Tim Tebow, who completed just 46.5 percent of his passes in the regular season, completed just 10 on this gorgeous winter day in the Rockies, but they went for a staggering 316 yards. The Steelers defense had allowed just two completions for 40 or more yards in the 16-game season. It allowed four in this loss. It also allowed Tebow to throw a 30-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Eddie Royal over cornerback William Gay in the second quarter.

By now, you've probably seen the replay a hundred times of the winning touchdown in overtime. On the first play from the Denver 20, wide receiver Demaryius Thomas beat Taylor with an inside move, caught the ball at the Broncos 38, fought Taylor off with a stiff arm at the Broncos 48 and outran him and safety Ryan Mundy to the end zone. It was stunning on a couple of fronts. It took just 11 seconds. It was the Broncos' fourth win in overtime.

You might say the Steelers were Tebowed.

Farrior is right, everyone will blame Taylor. His big mistake was not making the tackle after the catch. "The run after was significant," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said.

Taylor declined to talk to the media after the game. A club official stood guard at his locker to make sure no one approached.

Taylor's teammates were left to talk for him and said LeBeau had called a run defense. That left Taylor in one-on-one coverage with no help.

"We had [shown] a pretty good tendency of running on first-and-10," Broncos coach John Fox acknowledged.

Not this time.

"When I saw [Mundy] creeping up, I knew if I beat the cornerback, I had a touchdown," Thomas said.

So he did.

Taylor also was beaten by Thomas for 51- and 58-yard passes in the second quarter, leading to two touchdowns. In the second half, he was called for a 5-yard holding penalty and a 32-yard pass interference penalty.

"Ike is one of the big reasons we're here," Farrior said. "He's been great for us all year. There were a lot of times when he didn't have any help out there tonight. We called a lot of run-stopping defenses."

The problem is the defense didn't do enough to stop the Denver run. The Broncos had 131 rushing yards, 50 by Tebow.

"When you have a guy in single coverage like Ike, you had better get to the quarterback," Farrior said. "We didn't do that nearly enough."

Tebow wasn't sacked.

Part of that might have been the result of losing Hampton to a knee injury on the first series and defensive end Brett Keisel to a groin injury in the second quarter. But where were outside linebackers James Harrison and LaMarr Woodley? Did anyone notice them all day?

The Steelers offense also could have done more to bail out Taylor. Pro Bowl-starting wide receiver Mike Wallace dropped what should have been a 52-yard gain to the Denver 28 early in the second quarter. Roethlisberger threw a bad interception moments later that led to a Denver field goal. A bad snap over Roethlisberger's head in the shotgun by center Doug Legursky -- in for injured All-Pro Maurkice Pouncey -- late in the first half probably cost the Steelers a field goal.

But the most painful blunder might have came on a first-and-10 play from the Denver 45 with 29 seconds left in regulation. One completion by Roethlisberger, who led the Steelers to 17 points in the second half, could have set up kicker Shaun Suisham for a possible winning field-goal attempt. Instead, defensive end Elvis Dumervil blew in and knocked the ball out of Roethlisberger's hand. Roethlisberger recovered, but the 11-yard loss all but ended their drive.

"We were moving it and we had a shot," Roethlisberger said. "Someone got, it felt like a finger, on the ball and knocked it out."

Roethlisberger figured the Steelers would win it in overtime. Tebow and Thomas made sure they never got the ball back.

Taylor took the brunt of the blame, but, clearly, there was more to this loss than just him.

"I just talked to him corner to corner," LeBeau said when asked what he said to Taylor.

LeBeau played cornerback for the Detroit Lions a lifetime ago and was good enough to make the Hall of Fame.

"I know how he's feeling," LeBeau said of Taylor. "But that's part of playing corner. Ike will be back. He's down right now, but he'll be back."

Next season, sure. Not next weekend, though.

None of the Steelers will be playing in New England Saturday night. They'll be watching the Broncos.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12009/12 ... z1j1lGvvBL (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12009/1202347-87-0.stm#ixzz1j1lGvvBL)

BradshawsHairdresser
01-10-2012, 09:52 AM
"I just talked to him corner to corner," LeBeau said when asked what he said to Taylor.

LeBeau played cornerback for the Detroit Lions a lifetime ago and was good enough to make the Hall of Fame.

"I know how he's feeling," LeBeau said of Taylor. "But that's part of playing corner. Ike will be back. He's down right now, but he'll be back."

Next season, sure. Not next weekend, though.

Wonder if anyone was consoling St. LeBeau after his barf-laden performance? He's the one that ought to be concerned about not coming back. Maybe Chuck Noll has a spot saved for him in the retirement home.

ikestops85
01-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Wow, all these people who have called for our defense to play press coverage more. To quit giving the cushion that allows opponents to catch the ball in front of our DBs are now complaining that we did exactly that.

We lost ... it was either going to be last week or next week. This group of players look more like a hospital ward than a football team. Sorry but we weren't going anywhere this year.

Steeler Shades
01-10-2012, 12:25 PM
Wow, all these people who have called for our defense to play press coverage more. To quit giving the cushion that allows opponents to catch the ball in front of our DBs are now complaining that we did exactly that.
Balanced by all the posters who for years have said our DBs are NOT good enough to play man-to-man and NEED to give opposing receivers 10 yard cushions otherwise they would get burnt...like Ike...errrr I mean toast. 8)

And how about all the posters that have said Ike is our best DB? What does that say about our secondary?

BTW - nice user name

NorthCoast
01-11-2012, 01:50 PM
Question I have is why did Ike have such a poor game? He has been nothing but consistent the entire season and it came down to this?

Was it a lack of preparation on his part? was he confused with new assignments or scheme? I understand a pass or two might happen, but this was completely out of character which points to something else that may have been involved. Is he covering for mistakes by Mundy and/or Troy?? I think LeBeau is secure enough that he would have manned up if it these were his calls.

aggiebones
01-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Ike had a great coverage season per normal. Those that are calling for his head are retarded and know little about football.
Yes, he has terrible hands, but for several seasons he takes the tough defensive assignment and carries it out well. Not every game, not every play, but again it is the toughest coverage assignments.
He had a terrible GAME and had ZERO help.

Basically the plays were lasting so long that Ike's positioning changed several times. DThomas is like a power forward out there. He was basically just boxing out the smaller Ike and Ike didn't stand much chance on several of those. Also had a hard time getting him to the ground because he was off balance from trying to get to the ball.

Where the hell was the rush? Deebo was lost and wrong footed all day. As were most of the defense. I think Mundy should have been in the box, not Troy. Troy should have been watching our backsides.

Tebow is an awkward QB. Hard to defense the first time you play him. Reminds me of a starter called up from AAA in baseball. Unhittable til he makes it through the league.

We finished with 3 DL, can't hardly get a rotation with noone on the bench. They were likely spent by games end.
OL was in shambles. I mean shambles for a Steeler OL. Legs botched the game at C and his moving over there also weakened LG. Starks goes out for the game at some point. Oh, but undrafted RG and our rookie RT were in tact. lol

To blame this on Ike is retarded. The whole team was a disaster and had we leaked through this game, we'd be totally gutted the next week.

Picture this against NE:
Imagine having ZERO subs at DL (would have picked up some scrub)
A starting OL of (JScott, Kemo, Legs, Foster and Gilbert)
-A description of that line could be unexperienced, unwanted, untalented, retarded gimp.

A plus would be getting Clark back, but the rest is disaster.

feltdizz
01-11-2012, 02:31 PM
He lost that game for us and I'm glad he took responsibility instead of making excuses.

CB is a lonely place but Ike tends to lose it all once he is burned.

RuthlessBurgher
01-11-2012, 02:54 PM
Maybe the title of the thread was done on
the heat of the moment. But once you get in Ike head. He becomes garbage . Mentally strong he is not.

http://fitsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/yoda.jpg

Steeler Shades
01-11-2012, 09:00 PM
Ike doesn't usually get outed like he did against Denver for three reasons:

1. The Steelers have played against some crummy teams this year that have have QBs that can't hit open receivers and when they do the receivers have often dropped the pass. There were MANY occasions when opposing receivers were open and the opposing QBs missed them.
2. Gay, McFadden, Clark and the ENTIRE LB group are even worse in pass defense than Ike and therefore easy targets for the few decent QBs we played against this year. Why challenge Ike when the others are worse?
3. Ike usually gives a nice 10 yard cushion against receivers. Against Denver the defenses LeBeau was calling required Ike to play bump-and-run. Took less time for Ike to get beat without his usual 10 yard cushion.

Ike is a piece of ****. Unfortunately he is the best of a VERY bad secondary.....regardless of what inflated number (against piss-poor teams) the defense finished. 8)

NorthCoast
01-11-2012, 09:25 PM
Ike doesn't usually get outed like he did against Denver for three reasons:

1. The Steelers have played against some crummy teams this year that have have QBs that can't hit open receivers and when they do the receivers have often dropped the pass. There were MANY occasions when opposing receivers were open and the opposing QBs missed them.
2. Gay, McFadden, Clark and the ENTIRE LB group are even worse in pass defense than Ike and therefore easy targets for the few decent QBs we played against this year. Why challenge Ike when the others are worse?
3. Ike usually gives a nice 10 yard cushion against receivers. Against Denver the defenses LeBeau was calling required Ike to play bump-and-run. Took less time for Ike to get beat without his usual 10 yard cushion.

Ike is a piece of bad word. Unfortunately he is the best of a VERY bad secondary.....regardless of what inflated number (against piss-poor teams) the defense finished. 8)

none of this explains the performance against NE... absolutely stellar.

Steeler Shades
01-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Brady was 24/35 during that game with no picks. If Ike gave up 6 completions, who do you think gave up the other 18? See # 2 in above post.

hawaiiansteel
01-12-2012, 01:31 AM
Ike had great year despite being Tebowed

January 11th, 2012
Mark Kaboly

There is a good argument that Ike Taylor’s game against Denver during last week’s AFC wild-card loss was the worst individual performance in the history of Steelers postseason play.

Sure, Neil O’Donnell could be mentioned as one during Super Bowl XXX or Tunch Ilkin in 1983 against the Raiders or even Kordell Stewart against the Broncos could make the list, but there’s no mistaken Taylor is on top of that list.

However, the big picture can’t be lost with Taylor, who spent an hour with Trib columnist John Harris on Wednesday for the Ike Taylor Show on TribLive Radio.

Taylor had one of the best individual regular seasons in the history of the Steelers.

Yes, comparable to Blount, Woodson and whoever else.

Heading int the Broncos game, Taylor allowed an average of 2.6 catches and 30.1 yards per game, and mind you, mostly covering the other team’s best receiver all over the field all by himself.

Now, giving up 204 yards to Demaryius Thomas can’t be overlooked, but as Taylor said on TribLive Radio — “You have good games, you have bad games.”

Just chalk this one up to a bad game and move on.

Here are some stats that might help you move one.

Ike Taylor’s 2011 season by receiver

A.J. Green, Cincinnati 6-87 yards, TD
Demaryius Thomas, Denver 4-204 yards, TD
Wes Welker, New England 4-23 yards
Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona 3-58 yards
Brandon Lloyd, St. Louis 3-39 yards
Anquan Boldin, Baltimore 3-35 yards
Andre Johnson, Houston 3-23 yards
Michael Crabtree, SF 3-23 yards
Jonathan Baldwin, KC 2-26 yards
Nate Washington, Tenn 2-11 yards
Dwayne Bowe, KC 1-25 yards
Mohamed Massaquoi, Clev 1-25 yards
Rob Housler, Arizona 1-20 yards
Steve Breaston, KC 1-18 yards
Jason Hill, Jacksonville 1-18 yards, TD
Reggie Wayne, Indianapolis 1-11 yards
Deion Branch, New England 1-10 yards
Josh Cribbs, Cleveland 1-10 yards
Mike Williams, Seattle 1-9 yards
Damian Williams, Tennessee 1-8 yards
Mike Thomas, Jacksonville 1-3 yards
Torrey Smith, Baltimore 1-2 yards
Pierre Garcon, Indianapolis 1-(-2) yards
46-686-3

Ike Taylor’s 2011 season game-by-game

Team Targeted Receptions
Ravens 4 0
Seahawks 3 1
Colts 11 2
Texans 5 3
Titans 8 3
Jaguars 5 2
Cardinals 10 4
Patriots 7 5
Ravens 8 4
Bengals 2 0
Chiefs 7 4
Bengals 11 6
Browns 2 1
49ers 5 3
Rams 10 3
Browns 5 1
Broncos 6 4
109 46

http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/201 ... reat-year/ (http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2012/01/11/ike-taylor-really-did-have-a-great-year/)

Steeler Shades
01-12-2012, 11:48 AM
This wasn't written by THE Mark Kaboly....was it? The same Mark Kaboly that has won all the sports journalism awards while writing for the MCKEESPORT DAILY NEWS? 8)

ikestops85
01-12-2012, 12:09 PM
I'd really like to see how those stats stand up to Revis or Joseph. I know we didn't play against the better QBs this year but it would still be interesting to see how Ike stacks up.

I've never been in the "Ike is great" fan club (my user name was one that I used on a bengal site ... and they hated it :lol: ). I've always thought Ike was a bit too inconsistent for my taste until this year. I did think he was a lights out corner for most of the year. It's a shame he wasn't against Denver. :(

hawaiiansteel
01-13-2012, 01:54 AM
Steelers CB Taylor weighs in on Denver loss

By Ralph N. Paulk, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, January 12, 2012

http://files.pittsburghlive.com/photos/2012-01-11/0112SteelTayInsiFronCAH-a.jpg

Ike Taylor still feels the pain of the AFC wild-card loss to Denver at Sports Authority Field at Mile High.

The Steelers' high-priced, shutdown cornerback can't dismiss the image of Broncos receiver Demaryius Thomas catching a Tim Tebow pass, then sprinting toward the end zone on the first play from scrimmage in overtime Sunday.

Taylor has watched the play time and again. It's an inescapable nightmare.

"Unfortunately, one of my worst games of the year came at the wrong time," he said Wednesday on TribLive Radio. "I reflect back and think of me being highly upset after the game."

Taylor shunned reporters afterward, in part, because he didn't want to make excuses, he said.

"It was a terrible game, for sure," he said. "Will it be the last? I don't know. But you have to shake it off."

Taylor has been the target of criticism and finger-pointing. Thomas finished with seven receptions for a 204 yards — including an 80-yard touchdown that ousted the Steelers from the postseason.

"Just knowing how hard we worked to get to that moment, then everything happened on one play," Taylor said. "It hurt. It still hurts.

"But you have to move on. For me, that's getting back at it."

Taylor has returned to his Orlando, Fla., home to prepare for next season, bitterly disappointed that one of his best seasons didn't net a single playoff victory.

"This was probably the second-best season I've had since I started in 2005," he said. "I say that because people have noticed more of what I do. I told myself I was going to take some time off, but I'm back in the gym.

"As a professional, you never want to go out like that. But you know there are going to be days like that. You don't know when it's coming. For the most part, it happens.

"I remember the play, but it happened so fast, it's like '(Wow), the season is over.' "

Taylor, who signed a four-year contract prior to training camp, said the loss to the heavy-underdog Broncos was as painful as any he has experienced during his nine-year career.

"For me, this is worse than losing the Super Bowl," Taylor said. "I take a lot of pride in what I do. As bad as I feel, I have great people around me. Even on Twitter, I've been getting lot of support."

Taylor rejected suggestions that the lack of a pass rush enabled Tebow to throw for a career-high 316 yards and average more than 30 yards per completion. But it put added pressure on Taylor and William Gay.

"If you don't get Tim on the ground, he's going to make his plays," Taylor said. "He is a running back who can throw the ball. He did what he had to do to help his team win the game.

"We didn't play our best game on defense. They played good enough to beat us."

Taylor refused to criticize defensive coordinator D!ck LeBeau, who called for a scheme on the game-winning play that put 10 defenders near the line of scrimmage. As a result, safety Ryan Mundy, who replaced Ryan Clark in the starting lineup, wasn't in position to prevent the big play.

"Whatever they call, I'll roll with it," Taylor said. "I would never make an excuse. I'm behind Coach LeBeau all the way."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... z1jJLmaDtP (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_776218.html#ixzz1jJLmaDtP)

feltdizz
01-13-2012, 09:51 AM
Those stats don't make me feel any better about Ike. I feel bad for him but in the end the last game pretty much defined his season... unfortunately.

Steeler Shades
01-13-2012, 01:02 PM
"Unfortunately, one of my worst games of the year came at the wrong time,"
If this was just ONE of his worse games then clearly he didn't have a very good year.

Taylor shunned reporters afterward, in part, because he didn't want to make excuses, he said.
Why would he have to make excuses? Couldn't he have just manned up (not like in man-to-man coverage) and admitted he screwed up and apologized to his teammates and fans?

Thomas finished with seven receptions for a 204 yards — including an 80-yard touchdown that ousted the Steelers from the postseason.
Wasn't Ike also hit with a defensive pass interference penalty for about 50 yards? Thomas's 204 yards (for almost 30 yards avg) doesn't tell the whole story of Ike's contributions in this game. 8)