PDA

View Full Version : COACHING FAIL!

NorthCoast
01-08-2012, 07:47 PM
Playing a hobbled QB, horrible Offensive and Defensive gameplans, = COACHING FAIL.

hawaiiansteel
01-08-2012, 07:52 PM
I wish Ben would not have played against the Brownies last week, maybe he would have gotten a little healthier and wouldn't be as beat up right now.

brothervad
01-08-2012, 08:12 PM
One word:

Outcoached.

Really, seriously.

brothervad

Oviedo
01-08-2012, 08:12 PM
Arians and LeBeau should be on the field for their last games.

drprwnap
01-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Arians and LeBeau should be on the field for their last games.

Don't forget Tomilin. It shouldn't be his last game, but he should be put on notice. I have certainly taken off my rose colored glasses concerning him the last few weeks. I think his decision making is questionable.

focosteeler
01-08-2012, 08:24 PM
why dont you just get rid of everyone? trade everyone, start completely fresh???

:HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

sorry but the world isnt ending and the game isnt over yet

BradshawsHairdresser
01-08-2012, 10:02 PM
why dont you just get rid of everyone? trade everyone, start completely fresh???

:HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

sorry but the world isnt ending and the game isnt over yet

It's over now. Give LeBeau a gold watch and give Arians a bus ticket out of the 'Burgh.
Time for some new blood at both coordinators.

Steel Life
01-08-2012, 10:06 PM
Good god we're spoiled... :roll:

pfelix73
01-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Tomlin should be on notice. We'll see how good of a coach he is during the off-season... What I don't like is for a player to run the show and the coach to follow it.. Example- Ben telling the coaches he's ok to play, and Tomlin just going along with it.

Who's the boss?

:tt1

NorthCoast
01-08-2012, 10:11 PM
Tomlin should be on notice. We'll see how good of a coach he is during the off-season... What I don't like is for a player to run the show and the coach to follow it.. Example- Ben telling the coaches he's ok to play, and Tomlin just going along with it.

Who's the boss?

:tt1

I agree pfelix. The harder Ben lobbies for Arians, the quicker I would make the decision to give BA the boot.

BTW, with all the HC openings around the league I'll be real interested to see how many calls BA gets. My bet on the over/under= nada.

chiken
01-08-2012, 10:15 PM
Too many injuries to overcome. That's pretty much what it came down too.
Ben wasn't going to get back to 100% no matter how many games he took off.
The Offense never during the 16 games got on any kind of consistent track.. I am amazed a bit that we scored as many as we did in this game.. well more-so that we got touchdowns when we needed them.. but the last drive at the end of regulation pretty much summed up our offensive season this year.
We lost to a healthier Team.

DukieBoy
01-08-2012, 10:35 PM
Our Team has alot of talent, and will have a lot of talent after winnowing some age.

I believe the Team has overrated itself. Out of arrogance, they have believed their talent is sufficient to win whenever. The 12-4 record, and the #1 rating for the defense, were mirages, rather than substantive proof of how good this team actually was. Hard work, discipline, preparation (especially mental preparation) were secondary to their overrated sense of self. Injuries took a toll, to be sure. Coaching surely is an issue, from allowing the Team to be undisciplined, complacent, and self-absorbed about it's overblown talent, to poor game management, poor red zone strategy. The proof of complacency and arrogance, to me, comes in how they came out flat to start so many games, how they played down to the level of nearly every opponent, and howthey made mediocre or less QB's look like Montana and Elway.

In the final result, they could not win on talent without all the other necessary intangibles strongly emphasized.The Team is overrated. They now have alot to prove, if they have the pride to be disciplined and committed to hard work. I wait to see what the coaches will do to make this happen.