PDA

View Full Version : Doesnt matter, NE would've destroyed us

pittpete
01-08-2012, 07:04 PM
FGs instead of TDs dont win games

Oviedo
01-08-2012, 07:11 PM
With our OC and DC using their template solutions you are probably right.

Dee Dub
01-08-2012, 07:15 PM
You can add Texas, Baltimore, New Orleans, NY Giants, and Green Bay to this list.

D Rock
01-08-2012, 07:20 PM
You can add Texas, Baltimore, New Orleans, NY Giants, and Green Bay to this list.

don't forget the 49ers. They've already proven it, too.

SteelStallion
01-08-2012, 07:22 PM
I agree with you guys. Too many injuries- going back to training camp. If this is it, then they had a great year overcoming adversity to achieve 12-4. I say rest up, have a great draft and contend next year.

drprwnap
01-08-2012, 07:24 PM
Yeah, but I don't want to lose to Tebow!

Iron Shiek
01-08-2012, 07:25 PM
Tale of two quarters. I think we've seen the best of the Broncos Offense. Our offense has to start converting. This game aint over yet people. Geez.

Ghost
01-08-2012, 07:29 PM
Yeah - it sickens me to be lsoing to Tebow. This defense, injuries or not, has been a disgrace and the offense has been embarrassing.

The entire team looks disinterested and unprepared for a playoff game.

RKSteel
01-08-2012, 07:34 PM
Yeah - it sickens me to be lsoing to Tebow. This defense, injuries or not, has been a disgrace and the offense has been embarrassing.

The entire team looks disinterested and unprepared for a playoff game.
I think you nailed it, unprepared. How many times have that happened this season.
I'm sick watching this game right now.
Where the hell is Hines? Get a freaking receiver on the field that can catch the ball.

hawaiiansteel
01-08-2012, 07:36 PM
that was my thought - if Tim tebow can have this kind of success against us, what would Tom brady to against us playing in New England?

tiproast
01-08-2012, 10:09 PM
As a New England fan, let me just say I'm much happier my team is playing against the Broncos next week.

The Steelers are way more physical than the Broncos - even when we do manage to get by you guys, it's never easy.

papillon
01-09-2012, 12:18 AM
that was my thought - if Tim tebow can have this kind of success against us, what would Tom brady to against us playing in New England?

The Steelers would never play cover 0 against Brady for an entire game, if at all.

Pappy

flippy
01-09-2012, 12:20 AM
As a New England fan, let me just say I'm much happier my team is playing against the Broncos next week.

The Steelers are way more physical than the Broncos - even when we do manage to get by you guys, it's never easy.

Be careful what you wish for. Although NE now has tape of what the Broncos did to Pittsburgh and will be ready for it.

Plus you guys will play cover 3 and let the Broncos run the ball and prevent all the crap we gave up.

tiproast
01-09-2012, 12:56 AM
Plus you guys will play cover 3 and let the Broncos run the ball and prevent all the crap we gave up.
It probably doesn't matter what kind of D the Pats play - Broncos will likely have a 500 yard day.

The key will be getting a couple of turnovers from them and not having any ourselves.

Yards don't matter anymore in the current NFL - almost every team puts up a bunch of yards every game.

Kind of sad, really. Even the teams that still play physical football outdoors in bad weather have had to adjust.

pick6
01-09-2012, 01:27 AM
The fear, the pessimism, the weakness. Couldn't imagine living life like this. Ok, so one day we will all die so we might as well die now. What the heck. Cmon you gotta live a little. We have a serious chance of beating any team in the NFL. To believe that we would have lost to a team that we already beat. Maybe these sort of disgusting sentiments have rubbed off on our team like what seems to have happened to the Browns vis a vis their fans. Then a Pats fan comes on here and schools us. Crazy night. Lol.

DHSF
01-09-2012, 03:46 AM
I am mad as h3ll about this game. All the F'ing pundits picked the Steelers to win this game. We got Tebowed. I blame Bill Mahr and Suggs.

DukieBoy
01-09-2012, 08:27 AM
I am mad as h3ll about this game. All the F'ing pundits picked the Steelers to win this game. We got Tebowed. I blame Bill Mahr and Suggs.

I blame arrogance, complacency, poor coaching, poor preparation, aging, and injuries. Probably in that order.

DukieBoy
01-09-2012, 08:41 AM
It probably doesn't matter what kind of D the Pats play - Broncos will likely have a 500 yard day.

The key will be getting a couple of turnovers from them and not having any ourselves.

Yards don't matter anymore in the current NFL - almost every team puts up a bunch of yards every game.

Kind of sad, really. Even the teams that still play physical football outdoors in bad weather have had to adjust.

Certainly, it couldn't be more clearly portrayed, the game has been changed. It's a new paradigm in the NFL. Adapt or die (lose). Stay arrogant and stubborn and refuse to change to the conditions presented, and lose.

Thanks for sharing the thoughtful posts, Tip.