PDA

View Full Version : Ben and Lebeau

Steelhere10
01-08-2012, 06:56 PM
Turnovers and bad game plan will doom us.

Dresden
01-08-2012, 07:04 PM
No, Roethlisberger and Tomlin's overrated youth movement players are our undoing.

Oviedo
01-08-2012, 07:08 PM
No, Roethlisberger and Tomlin's overrated youth movement players are our undoing.

"Youth movement"?" That is ridiculous. Our veterans can't freaking stay on the field.

Dresden
01-08-2012, 07:13 PM

"Youth movement"?" That is ridiculous. Our veterans can't freaking stay on the field.

Allow me to clarify. I mean the type of marginally talented, hardly productive at all at the collegiate level players that we have become so enamored with drafting since Tomlin arrived.

I have told many when coach Cowher's vets start falling apart and leaving,...we will be in considerable trouble left with the aforementioned players.

AngryAsian
01-08-2012, 07:27 PM

Allow me to clarify. I mean the type of marginally talented, hardly productive at all at the collegiate level players that we have become so enamored with drafting since Tomlin arrived.

I have told many when coach Cowher's vets start falling apart and leaving,...we will be in considerable trouble left with the aforementioned players.
That assertion is silly... Two young Pro-bowl WRs are such wastes of roster spots. We lose because the game plans on both sides of the ball SUCKS THE BIG VEIN-LAYERED SAUSAGE...couple that with all the injuries and missing personnel.

NorthCoast
01-08-2012, 07:29 PM
I said it before.... a 60% Ben is not as good as a 100% Batch. Get Ben out. He cannot play the kind of game he wants to play.

steelsnis
01-08-2012, 07:37 PM

Oh good Lord...SteelCzar76 is back with a different name. Railing against Tomlin and is "grits" players.

Didn't see you around much during the 12-4 regular season did we? No, you reserve your appearances for games like this. Or after the SB last year.

Pathetic, really. Steelers play like crap in the second quarter and you spring on the opportunity to push your anti- Tomlin agenda.

grotonsteel
01-08-2012, 07:40 PM
Turnovers and bad game plan will doom us.

How about WR catch the ball for a change?

hawaiiansteel
01-08-2012, 07:40 PM

very true, we have an entirely new DL than what we started the year with...Aaron Smith, Casey Hampton and Brett Keisel are all out.

Steeler Shades
01-08-2012, 07:41 PM
I said it before.... a 60% Ben is not as good as a 100% Batch. Get Ben out. He cannot play the kind of game he wants to play.
Can't take Ben out unless Ben tells Airens and Tomlin that it's OK. Plus - If Batch comes in and doesn't throw three picks then who is going to believe that Ben at 60% is a better option than a 100% Batch? 8)

NJ-STEELER
01-08-2012, 09:02 PM
great comeback by batch

Steeler Shades
01-08-2012, 09:16 PM
great comeback by batch
Great clock management and two minute drill by Batch. Oooops...he never got a chance to play. 8)

NJ-STEELER
01-08-2012, 10:30 PM
surely him not playing was the difference in this game :roll:

Steeler Shades
01-09-2012, 11:44 AM
surely him not playing was the difference in this game :roll:
Probably why Ben won't allow Tomlin or Airens to play him. We'll never know...
Of course afterwards Ben could always say that due to injury he shouldn't have played. Similar to the SF game. 8)

Surely you're not suggesting that Ben had a GOOD game yesterday?

papillon
01-09-2012, 12:31 PM
[quote="NJ-STEELER":3hmxolbb]surely him not playing was the difference in this game :roll:
Of course afterwards Ben could always say that due to injury he shouldn't have played. Similar to the SF game. 8)

Surely you're not suggesting that Ben had a GOOD game yesterday?[/quote:3hmxolbb]

He or she may not be, but I will suggest that Ben had a good game yesterday. There were three incredibly easy drops that change the game significantly, a 7 yard YPA and 10 yard YPC, 1 TD and one pick and some sacks that were avoidable, but all in all a pretty good game. Not a great game, but a good game and certainly good enough to win yesterday.

Pappy

NWNewell
01-09-2012, 02:39 PM

What level do you suggest we draft from?

NJ-STEELER
01-09-2012, 07:05 PM
[quote="NJ-STEELER":3hpaxadl]surely him not playing was the difference in this game :roll:

He or she may not be, but I will suggest that Ben had a good game yesterday. There were three incredibly easy drops that change the game significantly, a 7 yard YPA and 10 yard YPC, 1 TD and one pick and some sacks that were avoidable, but all in all a pretty good game. Not a great game, but a good game and certainly good enough to win yesterday.

Pappy[/quote:3hpaxadl]

$

NorthCoast
01-09-2012, 07:53 PM
[quote="NJ-STEELER":3le67wtr]surely him not playing was the difference in this game :roll:

Pappy[/quote:3le67wtr]

gonna have to disagree with you Pappy. Ben did not have the best game. Go back and rewatch the game. More than several times he locked in on players and missed some very wide open targets (saw both TE wide open on the pass to Wallace in the EZ). Not complaining, cause I know Ben's eyes are always downfield, but defenses know this now. Ben needs to learn to take what they are giving him.

skyhawk
01-09-2012, 07:58 PM
[quote="NJ-STEELER":mdnzi4nt]surely him not playing was the difference in this game :roll:

Pappy

gonna have to disagree with you Pappy. Ben did not have the best game. Go back and rewatch the game. More than several times he locked in on players and missed some very wide open targets (saw both TE wide open on the pass to Wallace in the EZ). Not complaining, cause I know Ben's eyes are always downfield, but defenses know this now. Ben needs to learn to take what they are giving him.[/quote:mdnzi4nt]

Ben played like crap in the 1st half and pretty darn good in the 2nd. Overall not to bad for being on the road. But once again, the overrated Steeler D can't get a stop when they need one.

steelblood
01-09-2012, 08:04 PM

Like Pouncey, Wallace, Woodley, Antonio Brown, and Mendenhall?

skyhawk
01-09-2012, 08:07 PM

Those players were hardly productive collegiate players? :wft

Edit: I think you are being tongue in cheek here?

papillon
01-10-2012, 12:17 AM
[quote="NJ-STEELER":2trva42t]surely him not playing was the difference in this game :roll:

Pappy

gonna have to disagree with you Pappy. Ben did not have the best game. Go back and rewatch the game. More than several times he locked in on players and missed some very wide open targets (saw both TE wide open on the pass to Wallace in the EZ). Not complaining, cause I know Ben's eyes are always downfield, but defenses know this now. Ben needs to learn to take what they are giving him.

Ben played like crap in the 1st half and pretty darn good in the 2nd. Overall not to bad for being on the road. But once again, the overrated Steeler D can't get a stop when they need one.[/quote:2trva42t]

The receivers played like crap in the first half. Ben was average, missed a few, made a few, but the drops really were the difference, IMO.

It was not his best game (not even close), but he played well enough to win. The Denver defense is a good defense. Ben audibled into some runs, I wish he had done it more often. Like I said earlier, Ben wasn't the problem, he played well enough for the Steelers to win.

Pappy

Dresden
01-10-2012, 01:12 AM

I'd have to say Sir that the selections of Wood, Pouncey and the potential of Brown/Wallace are greatly offset by,....

1) Trading up and wasting picks on punter. (Sepulveda)

2) Using a top 20 pick on Timmons when Beaz and Poz were still on the board, and not even considering trying to trade up for Willis if your that serious about getting a actual stud backer.

3) Passing Desean Jackson to draft a "looks like Tarzan has the heart of Jane" big ten scatback

4) Drafting Limas Sweed (at all)

5) Drafting William Gay (at all)

6) Drafting Ziggy Hood (in the 1st,....really)

7) Drafting Jason Worilds (in the 2nd,..really ?)

8) Drafting Keenan Lewis (at all)

Should i proceed,...with all the other wasted picks with dudes like "Sonny" Harris, Mundy and others, along with the fact that Ben Roethlisberger and Arians (by proxy) are allowed to actually be the individuals controlling our current unit's destiny while Tomlin babbles coachspeak rhetoric and does little else ?

Of course,...you will probably have a justification for everything i just mentioned,..and that's cool. (Greatness of our Nation) But that's how i see it.

And since i've made it through the late 80's and Kordell,... i understand that this too,...shall pass. :Cheers :Steel

Dresden
01-10-2012, 01:17 AM

What level do you suggest we draft from?

What i am suggesting sir is that anyone whom states that they "will not be swayed and or enamored by actual talent", and believes that "ordinary" is the benchmark for a any professional in any field (especially Pro Football) should not have anything to do whatsoever with the Draft process. No matter where we are selecting in any round.