PDA

View Full Version : A Question...

Chadman
01-07-2012, 08:17 PM
If Tim Tebow goes down on 1 knee & prays to God to give him the strength for 1 more drive, or whatever it is he's asking for...

and on the next play Tim Tebow blows out his knee & his season is over & the Broncos lose....

has God just snubbed him? Or does God like the opposition more?

Jooser
01-07-2012, 08:28 PM
I'd venture to guess that Tebow simply prays to God: "Thy will be done." not, "let me win, please." I'd say that he asks simply to be used by God for God's glory, not his own. Just a different way to look at it. :wink:

BradshawsHairdresser
01-07-2012, 08:29 PM
If Tim Tebow goes down on 1 knee & prays to God to give him the strength for 1 more drive, or whatever it is he's asking for...

and on the next play Tim Tebow blows out his knee & his season is over & the Broncos lose....

has God just snubbed him? Or does God like the opposition more?

D. None of the above
God doesn't take sides in football games...else the Raiders never would have won any games back in the 70's.

flippy
01-07-2012, 08:34 PM
THere's something in the Bible about the Holy Spirit interceding between our prayers to God - ie. we ask for stupid stuff and the Holy Spirit interprets it to the right stuff we were supposed to be asking for and God gives us what we need.

So essentially God answers our prayers in the way he sees fit and Christians accept his way is right and he answers all prayers and cares about us all, so we're getting answers. They're just his, not ours.

So you could be right, God prefers the Steelers, and he lets Tebow know it. If that's his will of course.

Ghost
01-07-2012, 09:25 PM
Sometimes the answer is no.

feltdizz
01-07-2012, 10:17 PM
Sometimes the answer is no.

:Clap :Clap :Clap

SidSmythe
01-07-2012, 10:48 PM
As a Father myself . . . why would I ever want my child to not face adversity???

Thru trials and tribulations we grow ... God does bless His children with good things but at the end of the day a true believer should PRAISE HIM whether they win the Superbowl or blow out their knee.

THY WILL BE DONE!!

BradshawsHairdresser
01-08-2012, 01:25 AM
As a Father myself . . . why would I ever want my child to not face adversity???

Thru trials and tribulations we grow ... God does bless His children with good things but at the end of the day a true believer should PRAISE HIM whether they win the Superbowl or blow out their knee.

THY WILL BE DONE!!

:Clap :Clap
In the grand scheme of things, our character is more important than our success at playing a game. You can't develop character without trials and adversity. I'm grateful that, so many times, I've received, not what I've asked for, but instead what is best for me.

hawaiiansteel
01-08-2012, 02:11 AM
http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5633773_f260.jpg

Keyplay1
01-08-2012, 07:03 AM
http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5633773_f260.jpg

ty -- hs: That sums things up perfectly.